The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

_be

HSC
I don't know if this is a bad thing
but I've just drank half a bottle of gin, an then posted a thing on the HR blog of our workplaces website

It was all in sorta professional language, just wanting clarification on some aspects of the national agreement.
I think what you wrote was great man, I'd be really interested to see the response given to point 3.

BSammy

HSC
Ha, you saw it then.

The first two parts are situations that are or might effect me. The third just irks me.

BSammy

HSC
I don't want to direct copy the whole thing, but the third part is basically taking the words on the National Agreement and trying to use them to ask if it is allowable for certain departments to regularly be late in the putting up of rosters, changing rosters without directly contacting the people involved, and putting up a roster that may contradict another departments roster that was put up earlier(on time?).

The first two were more to do with my situation, I'll find out tomorrow if I finally got paid that leave loading I'm owed, or if I will have to try harder. The increase in core hours clause is also one that interests me, and I'm hoping it still applies despite the small increase in core hours I received last month. I do a lot of flex-up.

Also anyone else hear of this back-pay thing? I think they discovered a lot of SSA's are being paid at grade 2 rate when it should be higher, is what I was told. May just be in my area.

nanakid12

HSC
-.- I dislike those shirts. They look stupid when I'm not wearing my work shirt underneath, and they are SO HOT when I am wearing them both.

Who else had the best Friday ever last week. So was the last day ever of school, and I have to work 4:30-9:30 instead of go to booze parties ;). Oh well, not that big of a loss to me, except for the fact that we were getting so hammered... well more than usual anyway, and I had two staff on from 6pm, one who finished at 8pm, the other who finished at 9:30pm. Plus the fact that the 9:30er was asked to start at 4pm instead of 4:30, so I had to throw in a half our break. Oh, and did I mention the new tobacco laws? Yeah, they didn't cover up the cigarettes all day until I arrived, cause there were no new flaps so we just had to use the roller doors... until I broke one of them in the middle, and it would NOT go back on. Plus dealing with customers who were generally shitty about the government and how they should still be allowed to smoke if they want. Umm, wtf you still can?

RANT OVER. Sorry but I've kept that bottled up for too long :)

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
=Plus dealing with customers who were generally shitty about the government and how they should still be allowed to smoke if they want. Umm, wtf you still can?
Tell them "fuck up, other states have had these laws for years, so get over yourself".

I hate people sometimes.

nanakid12

HSC
Tell them "fuck up, other states have had these laws for years, so get over yourself".

I hate people sometimes.
Haha I would but I don't have the balls to say stuff like that... even one of the other supervisors tell me this haha, "You need to go to the service desk, grow some balls and come back and get up him for not cleaning the silvers."

I try to stay on everyone's good side though :) so i haven't listened to her haha.

Eww we have to wear silly shirts again? Are they as bad as 'The Original' ones?
2 more shifts to go then I'm off for 3 months!! :O
They are exactly like The Original shirts, except with a picture of Meet My Family on the front. At least its not Margaret Fulton... her poor teeth were washed off in the ironing. Looked weird.

I love all these people talking about the pokies on the Woolworths supermarket Facebook page (THE SUPERMARKET DIVISION).

BSammy

HSC
What state are you in? I just looked at the EBA and it seems SSA's fit within the grade 2 category in all states (except SA/NT). I hope you are right though! Some epic back-pay would be very nice :)

I'm in VIC, I tried to find anything in corecomms about it but no luck. But Last week my SSA shifts were paid at grade 3. I could be wrong about it being a big thing. Will ask my SSO tomorrow, she just mentioned it offhand to me about getting backpay, I asked when and she didn't know, there were a lot to process but not at store level.

Then again if no-one else has heard, it might not even be a thing. Will ask tomorrow and see if I can find out more, also if HR gets back to me they might know.

BSammy

HSC
http://www.getup.org.au/campaigns/pokies-reform/woolworths-agm-petition/pokies-petition

Reposted from my facebook.

There are two things you can do:

Add your name to our national petition for pokie reform on the petition to the right, and we'll present it not only to the Prime Minister, but to the Chair of Woolworths at the company's Annual General Meeting in Sydney this Thursday.
Then use the tool below right to let us know whether you're a Woolworths customer, employee and/or shareholder so we can tell Woolworths just how many of its customers, shareholders and employees have signed our petition calling for mandatory pre-commitment.

I signed it as a customer, shareholder, and employee. I am an employee of Woolworths, and this is in no way a criticism of my employer, nor a negative comment about the company. These are my views or GetUp's, not the companies, I am simply urging the company to do the right thing. Can't be written up or dismissed for this now :p

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Pfft your grade levels, I get a mighty $9/hr

Love you junior rates

(political rant: fuck the nationalists who want to make junior rates at 30% of normal

BSammy

HSC
Pfft, not my fault you're still a child :p

At least adult wage is 20 now, not 21. one year closer.

Also for my disclaimer above I essentially went through the social media guidelines, making it clear I'm not breaking them. :p If i get sacked for anything it's not going to be for my politics.

BSammy

HSC
Are you SSA (invoice), or do you work in 'Systems' - cause 'Systems Operators' are listed separately, in some states under Grade 3. So maybe thats it?

A bit of everything, cash office, ticket putting up crew, systems recently and payroll also. I think the only think I haven't done is sort the invoices. Whatever, just looking forward to the money. And spamming this thread a little. How many posts on this page have I made? too many i think.

Clank_

HSC
Heh, I guess I can start posting here since I've recently got a job in nightfill at my local Woolies as now I've got nothing to do all day. The work seems easy enough; just gotta learn where everything is. My next rostered shift is in 2 weeks, so I'll be playing the waiting game to see if I get any call ins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)