The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

bensneddon

HSC
Question.

When you logged on a register what does "invalid C bank" mean.

It wouldnt let me log in and said that
Sounds like the register isn't associated with the right checkout bank in StoreLine (e.g. Liquor, Self Serve, Standard Checkout, Express Checkout etc.)

This can be changed from the Manager menu in Office, or by raising a call with the Service Desk.

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
SVR MENU > DISC DUMP > GROCERIES > $30 > ENTER > CASH > $30

Receipt prints with fuel voucher

SVR MENU > REFUNDS > RETURN SALE > SVR MENU > DISC DUMP > GROCERIES > $30 > ENTER > CASH > KEY AMOUNT

Register is balanced, and you have a fuel voucher.

But check with your CSTM before doing this, as it will appear on daily reports
yeah....I'm not a Supervisor :(

nanakid12

HSC
Cashiers can still Disc Dump things... sort of. It's not the proper way to do it though.

Type in a random 8 digit number. It will come up "GEN HOST ERROR". Go Unknown Item -> and from there it will do all the departments to charge it to, though you'll have to be more specific with what you're charging the item off as compared to a Dissection Dump (for example, SVR only needs to charge to PERISHABLES, whereas this method requires PERISHABLES -> FRESH MILK/YOGHURT/FROZEN GOODS/ETC...).
I don't recommend doing this though, as it shows up in a Not On File report (which prints after the transaction is finalised, and I believe that you should be handing to your supervisor). It would look suss with a random PLU and you could definately get in trouble for messing with that. I did it once, but that was because I had no idea how to manually enter weighed produce. I was supervising when I did that though, so it's okay. :)

I do recommend you use this method however if you scan an item which says "GEN HOST ERROR". Instead of the supervisor doing it generally, you can charge it specifically to the proper department and product (for example - PRODUCE EACH, or FRESH MILK) and it will be recorded with the barcode number that caused the error. Whereas a Disc Dump does not do this.

Just my two cents. :)

EDIT: You don't need any super privileges/approval whatsoever if you do the GEN HOST ERROR way, if you haven't guessed :)

Last edited:

bensneddon

HSC
Cashiers can still Disc Dump things... sort of. It's not the proper way to do it though.
This will appear on reports that are run as part of the SSO/SSA routine.

Items that don't scan should be escalated to the CSTM/Supervisor In-Charge who will action appropriately (i.e. follow up with the department manager) and get SSO/SSA to action if necessary.

Process is there for a reason. Just imagine that something that was on product recall didn't scan, and it got put through using this method. Could end badly.

Last edited:

nanakid12

HSC
All product recalls should be actioned immediately. It would be unlikely that they would be put through if that was the case.

bensneddon

HSC
All product recalls should be actioned immediately. It would be unlikely that they would be put through if that was the case.
Unlikely, but possible :)

Regardless, an item that doesn't scan should be escalated to the CSTM/Supervisor In-Charge to follow up with the department manager/duty manager and SSO/SSA

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
OMG QUESTION

Sorry for randomly interjecting this, but I was wondering if any of you guys have served any famous people? It got me thinking the other day, cos our store is in one of those smaller communities outside of the city: so obviously, very rarely any famous people. Anyway, back on topic, I served the local radio presenter and asked her to say my name on the radio: she said she would, but I never heard her do it lol. That's about as famous a person I would be able to meet where I live.

But yeah, surely you guys have served someone more famous than that? :)
Not famous, but I used to have the joy of serving the GM of Supermarket Ops back in the day

Also Rosso (as in Merrick and...)

A press advisor to the PM

Some Australian idols (our supermarket used to be close to the idol house)

Some Tripple m radio presenter

Denise Roberts (has been Aussie actress, total bitch)

NNS7

HSC
N/A
Not anymore...

A few recent changes:
Steve Greentree is Chief Operating Officer - Supermarkets and Petrol (was previously GM Liquor)
Ziggy is GM Fresh New Business (was previously GM Store Operations, a position which no longer exists)
Steve Murphy is National Operations Manager (was previously Regional Manager - can't remember which region)
ah yes you are correct, I forgot about the new changes over there.

As for famous ppl, I have only served Marcia Hines and a few NRL footballers/media personalities.

britto89

HSC
Not anymore...

A few recent changes:
Steve Greentree is Chief Operating Officer - Supermarkets and Petrol (was previously GM Liquor)
Ziggy is GM Fresh New Business (was previously GM Store Operations, a position which no longer exists)
Steve Murphy is National Operations Manager (was previously Regional Manager - can't remember which region)
Steve was from Region 5 (Melbourne and parts of Victoria)

britto89

HSC
Question.

When you logged on a register what does "invalid C bank" mean.

It wouldnt let me log in and said that
c bank is short for Checkout bank and is the grouping of the registers (self serve, express, smokeshop, big ones and liquor). Each register is associated with a bank and each operator is given access to the checkout banks (and hence registers) they can access.

all staff can access the big ones and express as a general rule, people over 18 can operate smokeshop(if you've done the smokes training), people self serve trained for self serve and people with RSA's for liquor.

so, back to your original question you were most likely trying to logon where you weren't allowed. perhaps in liquor (even to just count a draw) or someshop if you are <18.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
c bank is short for Checkout bank and is the grouping of the registers (self serve, express, smokeshop, big ones and liquor). Each register is associated with a bank and each operator is given access to the checkout banks (and hence registers) they can access.

all staff can access the big ones and express as a general rule, people over 18 can operate smokeshop(if you've done the smokes training), people self serve trained for self serve and people with RSA's for liquor.

so, back to your original question you were most likely trying to logon where you weren't allowed. perhaps in liquor (even to just count a draw) or someshop if you are <18.
I work at big w.

It means someone has been fucking with my code previlleges. I've always been allowed to login to home ent and self serve.

So basically, it's because I didn't have the rights to login.

bensneddon

HSC

I'm pretty sure this scenario gives a different message. Something like "USER ID NOT ALLOWED".

As I said previously, I think "INVALID C BANK" is caused by the checkout not being linked to a valid checkout bank within StoreLine.

Having said that, I just saw that powlmao works in Big W, so there is possibly a slightly different variation of WOWPOS and Retalix StoreLine in use within that division.

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I'm pretty sure this scenario gives a different message. Something like "USER ID NOT ALLOWED".

As I said previously, I think "INVALID C BANK" is caused by the checkout not being linked to a valid checkout bank within StoreLine.

Having said that, I just saw that powlmao works in Big W, so there is possibly a slightly different variation of WOWPOS and Retalix StoreLine in use within that division.
Could also be an error with your account that could be fixed by re-creating your user account.
Sometimes things can break for no reason.

nanakid12

HSC
Not famous, but I used to have the joy of serving the GM of Supermarket Ops back in the day

Also Rosso (as in Merrick and...)

A press advisor to the PM

Some Australian idols (our supermarket used to be close to the idol house)

Some Tripple m radio presenter

Denise Roberts (has been Aussie actress, total bitch)
Wow, that sure is a list of famous people haha :) which store were you again, back in the day?

I served Cal Wilson!
Hey! She hosted Slueth 101 - i loved that show!

powlmao

Banned
HSC
The Woolworths POS and BIG W POS is exactly the same, except for the obvious (being able to weight fruit etc)

Other than that, its exactly the same.

Hopefully its just an error, I don't want people messing with my codes -.-

However, i checked last night, same thing- Cbank is invalid, however when i type in a managers ID it is fine.

britto89

HSC
The Woolworths POS and BIG W POS is exactly the same, except for the obvious (being able to weight fruit etc)

Other than that, its exactly the same.

Hopefully its just an error, I don't want people messing with my codes -.-

However, i checked last night, same thing- Cbank is invalid, however when i type in a managers ID it is fine.
the fact that it works for your manager and not for you makes me think somethings gone wrong with your logon code and not the register itself. i forgot you worked in big w but like woolies i assume they have similar breakdowns of registers.

Like bensneddon it could be a register issue but its not doing it for everyone which puts it back to being you.

As for "someone messing with your codes" i say if someone has its most likely because of an internal audit or something like that. i remember one time i had my supervisor numbers taken away due to me working in grocery and not actually doing supervision. they gave them back to me after the audit though.

the way to go

HSC
does every one have the banana stickers now for earn and learn? i assume there some sort of code...?

also, is it possible to manually put in the weight for produce on registers without scales?

and whats everyones opinion on the new everyday rewards only specials? im finding it incredibly irritating to have to explain every 10 minutes when customers get annoyed and start claiming ""false advertising". hmm, maybe if they learnt how to read...

as for famous people, ive served kitty flanagan and julia morris :D
others in my store have served guy sebastian, random footy players (i dont follow so idc to remember), people from the renovators and jack vidgen and his mum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)