The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

quick90

HSC
From today Jeans are allowed to be worn, instead of black pants. Any colour jeans, as long as they are don't have rips, or other tagging on them.

Last edited:

quick90

HSC
Yes. All staff members, Except for DMs and Store Manager. Our SM went to a meeting last week.

Doesn't really make sense to me!?

the way to go

HSC
i was told today that they have to be black jeans...

im happy, now i can wear my black skinnys which will probs look shit still having to tuck in the shirt

hahahayley

HSC
That sounds really strange. My store has recently been cracking down on people not wearing proper uniform - mini skirts, jeans, flats etc.

the way to go

HSC
the two on the right seem to be wearing jeans...
could this be the start of new uniforms coming in?

So these new uniforms (green plaid) that are being trialled are pretty cool! I'm guessing they are produce?
oh, bloody hell, I just remembered a friend tried to order a new shirt but he was told he couldn't because they didnt have anymore in stock... surely that doesn't happen, so maybe they are clearing out for the new stuff...?

quick90

HSC
i was told today that they have to be black jeans...

im happy, now i can wear my black skinnys which will probs look shit still having to tuck in the shirt
That would make a lot more sense! But my SM said she went back to ask for more info, and they said any colour... I reckon you are correct, and it's been misunderstood along the way.

Yeah, still not sure how the jeans will look, with the shirts tucked in.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
That would make a lot more sense! But my SM said she went back to ask for more info, and they said any colour... I reckon you are correct, and it's been misunderstood along the way.

Yeah, still not sure how the jeans will look, with the shirts tucked in.
I'm trying to picture that too, and I'm failing... It would look horrible :p. If the shirts weren't tucked in, maybe, but I don't think it's going to look very attractive tucked in... But yet again, our uniform overall isn't very attractive so why start now.

TOM1993

HSC
hey. was just wondering if anyone on this thread has done the FASTRACK course or knows anything about it? thank you.

hahahayley

HSC
I love the Southern Cross store! The layout is a bit (super) confusing but the coffee/slushie/frozen yoghurt bars are great. The pre-cut fruit tubs are nice but quite expensive. Don't really like the polo tops though but I think I'm one of the few that don't mind our button downs.

The jeans thing has started at my store now and people are already showing up in baggy, blue jeans. Awesome.

bensneddon

HSC
Anyone been to the new(ish) store at the Southern Cross train station in Melbourne?
It's a bit weird. It's a Woolworths but its not branded as Woolworths.

They simply refer to themselves as 'Southern Cross'.
Basically anywhere you'd normally see the W logo followed by Woolworths at this store you see W southern cross.
For example, the signage out the front: W southern cross , logo at the top of the receipt: W southern cross

They use a custom version of SCO which has the different logo and different lookup menus. The voice over on SCO thanks you for shopping at 'southern cross'. Their closing announcement did the same. They don't have the normal register screen savers, just the W southern cross logo moving around. There's a coffee counter in there and frozen yoghurt kiosk (called 'WOWCOW' I think)

And the staff wore these nice black polo shirts.

I was staying in a hotel across the road, so it was my 'local' for the week I was there. Just really weird. I wonder if there is any other stores like that?
I'm pretty sure it's not actually a store that falls under the Woolworths brand. I believe it's the first of the 'small store' format that's being rolled out.

Similar to how the Thomas Dux group falls under the Supermarkets division, but is separate from the Woolworths brand

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Much the same.. I think liquor wants me all day Christmas Eve, then all day Boxing day, then Sunday supervision.... Then New Years Day supervision, and a few more here and there.

aceer

HSC
i am a 17 year old casual employee, what kind of bonus pay will i get for working boxing day and new years?? haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)