The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

BSammy

HSC
not quite.

it will be the permanent pay rate x 2.7

as opposed to your normal rate of the permanent pay rate x 1.2

i don't know what state you are in but if you were in VIC for example, by my calculation, as a 17 year old casual

boxing day you'd get $29.28 an hour

and new years you'd get $29.72 an hour

Last edited:

oldmanjoe

HSC
N/A
not quite.

it will be the permanent pay rate x 2.7

as opposed to your normal rate of the permanent pay rate x 1.2
Yeah yeah, that's what I meant :p

i don't know what state you are in but if you were in VIC for example, by my calculation, as a 17 year old casual

boxing day you'd get $29.28 an hour

and new years you'd get $29.72 an hour
Why would they be different? Is it Victorian legislation? In TAS, all public holidays are paid at the same rate.

on the payslips, is everyone in FE now "Store Team Member" rather than "Service Cashier" or is it just me...?
Not me :(

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I am also Store team member, I thought it may have been because I now do most of my hours in Liquor instead of front end, but clearly not.

kmack_2010

HSC
Hey i just got a job at woolworths working in deli/seafood department. i was just wondering whats that like. im also in checkouts.

Last edited:

BSammy

HSC
anyone else get a letter something about SCA shares? what does it mean?

oldmanjoe

HSC
N/A
Hey i just got a job at woolworths working in deli/seafood department. i was just wondering whats that like. im also in checkouts.
Checkouts are good - just make sure you keep busy when there are no customers, or else you'll get bored pretty easily.

Accept extra shifts whenever you can - they'll keep calling you if you do.

Deli is great, there is always something to do or something to clean.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Getting a very helpful "Roster Information Not Available For This Week" when viewing next weeks and next fortnights roster.
Anybody else?

hahahayley

HSC
My contract roster means I should be working Boxing Day, yet online rosters don't have me down for my usual shift. Neither my manager or 2IC spoke to me about this, so I will be checking the store roster again tomorrow and talking to one of them. I know I'm entitled to the day off with pay but just want to clarify if it will be put through at penalty or not? The agreement says that employees choosing not to work on holidays traded will be paid according to sub clause 7.5. I'm in Victoria and this clause says I'm entitled to day without loss of pay INCLUSIVE of applicable penalties.

So it reads that I will get my 250%, but just want to make sure. I'll be talking to them about work anyway, regarding not giving me a choice to work or not - especially as I was given no warning that I'd be given the day off which meant that I made no travel plans to go see my family.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hm, i've been paid for days i havnt worked yet, and for a shift that i gave someone else...

wow, thats stupid.
Christmas pay usually gets done differently as the pay is supposed to be run on Tuesday (but Tuesday is x-mas) so it's probably been run in advance based on the roster

BSammy

HSC
yeah, due to tuesday being the public holiday, the pay was processed early.

however the same thing will happen next week due to the tuesday being a public holiday again.

THEN we suffer from the long week with no money :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)