The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

BSammy

HSC
not yet, but the e-payslips have just gone up, so it shouldn't be more than a couple of hours away (if you're with a decent bank)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Yep same here.
Does anybody else have a problem with supervision pay and Sundays? My pay clerk reckons they have an issue with supervision rate (grade 4) on Sunday where it needs to be processed "manually" or the rate defaults back to grade 2.
And because pay was pre-processed and she is now on holidays, I didn't get grade 4 yesterday.

And they accidentally paid me for a shift I didn't work last week, so it's been deducted from this week's pay which means I've got half as much money as I initially expected lol.

BSammy

HSC
i don't think so, about the super on sundays. but i haven't done that for a while now.

that's weird

BSammy

HSC
LIVEBLOGGING MY BEING PAID!!!

THE wecu has gone in but not the commbank.

HOPE THIS HELPS!

explore

HSC
N/A
I'm not sure what the hell is going on with the pay situation at my store. I'm about $250 short of what I should have got, and I think it stems from the weekend before Christmas (22nd and 23rd). Many co-workers in the same boat and one of my buds only got paid $20!

Someone mentioned that pay was processed on Thursday but surely this was enough time to account for the weekend before Christmas?

It's got to the point now where the cashier has had 2 pay cycles to correct the hours and I seriously don't know what I've been paid for and what I haven't, which makes it very hard to tell her what needs to be corrected.

What a freaking mess.

BSammy

HSC
keep your payslips, and make a note of all shifts you did for the last two weeks. and talk to the pay people about it.

they should be able to check which have been paid, and which were paid later as a correction, and which ones are yet to be paid.

if adjustments weren't done properly for the past two weeks, then it's quite possible that there are mistakes, especially if you've done extra shifts than what were on your original roster.

EDIT: also, by the sounds of it, there's a few problems in your store, the office people will be trying to fix it, so don't go and be a dick about it, their job is hard enough over christmas and new years as it is.

Last edited:

BSammy

HSC
I'm not sure, you haven't heard any word?

We got a sign at work saying before the end of the year, and then about 2 weeks before the end of the year it appeared.

blondie59

HSC
N/A
Have just been offered a position in invoice office as a SSA. But now have heard that there are going to be changes happening and there probably wont be any SSAs in about 18 months Has anyone heard of this? Pretty dumb if this is the case as all that training will be a waste of time.

integraz

HSC
Has anyone been paid for Saturday Sunday? 29, 30th?

I've been paid what I was owed just after the early Christmas pay (21st)... But that was it.

BSammy

HSC
if you weren't originally rostered for those shifts and called in, you won't get paid for them til the next pay.

gonewrong

HSC
If you've signed the adjustment book, then you've basically agreed for them to do this. You have every right to say no, and if they have a problem with it, don't sign the adjustment book, and you should be paid overtime for any hours you work that you've said no to... and if you have to work less hours than your contract, then you should be paid for those hours anyhow. If they still don't pay you properly, then contact the SDA.

That's something I would never have the guts to do myself, but that's what you should do haha :) though when you return to casual, they could easily just not roster you on any shifts.

I hope this helps? Haha.
That was helpful! If depressing, because it confirmed what I'd guessed - that I could kick up a fuss and have it fixed, but would probably suffer when returned to casual. Oh well.
Thank you, though :)

the way to go

HSC
nope never heard of it, what context is it used in? I'd assume it has something to do with the registers...?

I actually can't believe we're selling hot cross buns already.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yep same here.
Does anybody else have a problem with supervision pay and Sundays? My pay clerk reckons they have an issue with supervision rate (grade 4) on Sunday where it needs to be processed "manually" or the rate defaults back to grade 2.
And because pay was pre-processed and she is now on holidays, I didn't get grade 4 yesterday.

And they accidentally paid me for a shift I didn't work last week, so it's been deducted from this week's pay which means I've got half as much money as I initially expected lol.
That sounds vaguely familiar from my long ago time in cash office but can't remember exactly *shrug*

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
nope never heard of it, what context is it used in? I'd assume it has something to do with the registers...?

I actually can't believe we're selling hot cross buns already.
My friend looked it up on StoreNet. Apparently it is a replacement for wowPOS that is meant to come out in September, with BIG improvements.

philboy

HSC
Hey guys I would be interested to see what you find out about 1-Pos. (I work front-end).
Have you heard about Chronis (or similar spelt)?
It is apparently replacing People Planner and is supposed to make rostering easier as it knows people's availablities and is based on a 24 hr cycle instead of a 36hr cycle which solves over-time payment issues.

megaman64

HSC
Does anybody know if Woolworths is hiring at the moment? or are there still some leftover people from Christmas casuals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)