The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

nanakid12

HSC
Just got an email from SDA saying about a 1.4% interim wage increase, backdated to 1 July! Should get our back pay in November :)

Katebrunner

HSC
Do you think it would be possible to go from supervisor to store manager, like without having to run a department or be an ASM first?

nanakid12

HSC
Store managers have to do a course called SMT (or Store Manager Training). I guess if you displayed good quality leadership skills then you might be asked maybe? But fairly certain you have to run a department as part of the training... or at some stage before...

Brad727

HSC
Do you guys ever experience arguments amongst customers? (one customer to another) eg pushing in ect....

subtekjr

HSC
Just received word that the produce department I work part time in received 52 pallets today. 52. Max SATURDAY load we've gotten since I've been there (february) is 24 pallets. Normal tuesday load is around 9 or 10 pallets. This is going to be some fun.

subtekjr

HSC
Fuck have fun with that! Ha
Argh I'm gonna kill him! He was fucking around with me, we actually got 5! Worked and packed away by the time I left at 7:30. We get our loads in at 12, get it down to our area at around 3 or 4 usually, and packed away by like 2 the next day, rinse and repeat. About 8 hours ahead of schdule now with no stock...

Gettin a bit of complaining about us on facebook that I can see, not gonna bother commenting lol, but it's hilarious because anyone who asked me if we had stuff, I would try my best to find something as similar as we had. Had no iceberg lettuce to begin with, so I found Cos and Butter for people who asked me nicely! Same with celery, I found the ones who were nice some Celery Hearts or Sticks.

I'm getting sick of people being ungrateful though, I bust my guts daily to get stuff on the shelf with skeleton coworkers, and I've been told to "get fucked" by two customers in the last two weeks for changing prices that needed to be changed. Don't wanna be a manager now!

Last edited:

BSammy

HSC
would it be unfair of me to rub it in that i have the week before christmas off?

nanakid12

HSC
I regularly serve a radio presenter who is on the local network and it got me thinking the other day... which "famous" people have you guys seen/served before at your stores?

bernie14

HSC
I regularly serve a radio presenter who is on the local network and it got me thinking the other day... which "famous" people have you guys seen/served before at your stores?
AFL footballers and identities regularly come into our store.

bernie14

HSC
Who are the identities? Like Australia-wide known?
Gerard Whateley (I'd call him an Australian-wide known journalist) lives not far from our store, and regularly comes in. Gary Ablett also used to live close-by, and was a regular shopper before moving to the Gold Coast.

subtekjr

HSC
Oh man I'm not looking forward to Wednesday. Have you guys heard about the new changes to Rewards? I haven't been told yet, instead had to peruse through the AllYours etc sites to find any info on what's coming. All we've even had is an A4 in our break room saying "Something big is coming 28/10", nothing more.

Ninja_W

HSC
N/A
Oh man I'm not looking forward to Wednesday. Have you guys heard about the new changes to Rewards? I haven't been told yet, instead had to peruse through the AllYours etc sites to find any info on what's coming. All we've even had is an A4 in our break room saying "Something big is coming 28/10", nothing more.
Just what I want, even better is i'm supervising frontend Wednesday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)