The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

T_Knight

HSC
What would you guys suggest in that situation?
Used to happen ALL the time at our store when we first got coin-locked trolleys. Really easy solution - just tell the customer, "after speaking to my supervisor, on this one-time occasion, we will unlock the trolley for you. But next time, please bring a gold coin because its it acts a security measure to stop trolleys being taken out onto the street and being dumped in the surrounding suburbs". Every one wins - he gets his shopping done, you've now educated the guy on your stores procedures. So next time he comes in (more than likely since he was able to get his shopping done last time), he'll absolutely remember to.

And if you're having to frequently unlock trolleys all the time for customers, then simply get office or the CSM to post signs at all the trolley bays notifying customers of the stores new policies and the reason behind it (dumped trolleys being taken away from the store and dumped in the surrounding streets). Done :cool:

Katebrunner

HSC
I heard that the coin trolley locks are only in poor areas like Western Sydney?

HSC
Here in Victoria, most of our trolleys have them regardless of location. I know at our store the numbers of trolleys that went 'missing' has declined since we got them fitted :biggrin:

boat460

65 WAM Prop Trader
HSC
Is it legal for them to get me to resign?
I have to do a work placement for my degree in order to graduate (Engineering)
One of the managers was like,"Sorry we got to get you to resign since you are going away for 2.5 months, you can reapply when you are back"
I'm thinking is this legal?

plz i love woolies4lyf wot r they doing 2 mi

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Is it legal for them to get me to resign?
I have to do a work placement for my degree in order to graduate (Engineering)
One of the managers was like,"Sorry we got to get you to resign since you are going away for 2.5 months, you can reapply when you are back"
I'm thinking is this legal?

plz i love woolies4lyf wot r they doing 2 mi
they cant force u to resign, but they can tell u they dont need u anymore

Ertele

HSC
N/A
Guys, are we getting regular hourly rate for Christmas Day this year? My payslip for last week says: "Public Holiday Not Worked" (that is, the 25th of December) and then my regular hourly rate of about $21. But I'm pretty sure no one from my team was supposed to work on Christmas Day, it was always a day off in our store, and last year the hourly rate for Christmas was about $50. Have they changed it now?

BSammy

HSC
it's like $50 if you work it

if you're contracted for friday, you get paid your normal rate for not being there

nanakid12

HSC
You don't get penalty rates if you don't work the shift.

Also, any idea when the new agreement starts?
I recently did my First Aid course but according to one of the Union reps we don't get paid First Aid Allowance anymore... which kinda sucks.

T_Knight

HSC
The new agreement is "still" being negotiated between the unions and Woolworths. It was supposed to be finalised around September last year, but i'm guess neither side wanted to budge from their position (unions want pay rise, woolies management under pressure to give them that due to declining profits & share price year-on-year). Thats why all staff received the 10% staff discount right through to the end of 2015 plus a modest interim wage increase - as a goodwill gesture of sorts due to the award saga dragging out as a stalemate. How long it takes, thats anyones guess. Credit to Coles though who got theirs done pretty quickly last year without much drama.

And the person who above who asked about being paid penalty rates on public holidays where the store is closed, unless you're from WA or TAS, it's never the case and certainly not the norm in all other states. You get paid ordinary rate only (that's why its called "peanlty rates" - you're working at a time "outside" the ordinary hours of business i.e when most other workers & the general public have the work or school day off for holiday/rest. Since you "also" got a day off work just like mostly everyone else, you're not entitled to any extra rate of pay or loading.

Brad727

HSC
I think if you take annual leave and your fixed shift is on a sunday you get the 1.5 pay (from what I remembered happening to me).
Also did my 1st smoke shop transaction today XDDD my parents must be so proud of me selling death to people. haha

nanakid12

HSC
Ah righto. I wish they'd hurry up!

Yesterday, had a customer bring an iTunes card back in and was having trouble with it. He said it was coming up that it had already been redeemed. I checked and it had all been activated properly and everything, only moments before. I told him it takes up to 24 hours to activate and that if he has trouble after then he would have to call Apple.

I did a Google search when I got home, people seem to have had this problem before back in 2012/2013 where there must have been a security issue or something. Apple where apparently telling customers to take the cards back to the store they bought them for a refund.

Who is at fault here? I thought the kid had probably loaded the money on his account and not realised it, or is trying to rip us off. But meh. Just curious what you guys do in this situation.
He had left the store, so I had gotten a bit suspicious...

T_Knight

HSC
Had the iTunes card activation/redemption problem numerous before. One time, this kid scratched off a few characters of the redemption code cause he was too eager to use it & buy some apps ... but that made it impossible to enter the full card number into the app store so he couldn't load his account with credit.

It's 100% a matter for apple (apple sales reps do the "brush" off thing all the time, simply because if you're not buying the expensive iphone or macbook hardware, it doesn't help them reach their store sales targets ... so they try to ignore it). Next time anyone comes in with gift card enquiries, simply direct him to contact the online support helpdesk printed on the back of the card (in this case, Apple Support). He'll reach a helpdesk page which he submits his problem under the section "itunes card issues" & they'll come back within 48h regarding the activation status of the card + what the full redemption code is, if theirs problems with that.

All we (woolies) do on our end is simply sell & activate the gift card - thats it. Once its been activated (the printed slip shows evidence of successful activation) & you've received your gift card, thats all we do. Once its purchase and activated, its an apple support issue (because only they can check the status of the card & help with gift card issues). Never had any problems with customers after explaining it like that.

bernie14

HSC
Does anyone have an advice on how to properly roll the sleeves up on the front-end shirts?? You know how it has that little strap that you are meant to button up, I find it very difficult (actually impossible) to do by myself haha :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)