The working class is nonsensical and starting to piss me off (1 Viewer)

TacoTerrorist

HSC
Serious discussion please. Why is it that the working class as a whole tends to be more socially and fiscally conservative than the others? You'd think that some class consciousness and solidarity would mobilise the working class against privilege, but they instead seem to focus their anger on migrants, homosexuals etc - much like the middle class of the southern United States. I find it very nonsensical that the working class is fairly right-wing and often tend to vote for the Liberals, even though it's against their own interests to do so. You'd think that the working class would be far-left.

Thoughts?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Because they're uneducated and from a long line of peasantry

It's in their blood to be awful

TacoTerrorist

HSC
Haha, maybe. It's got to be deeper than that. I was thinking more state-imposed nationalism and the prevalence of right-wing media, combined with their general lack of education; in any case, it's frustrating when you try to help them and they won't help themselves.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
thats what is hilarious about these lefties

they have such incredible contempt for their own supposed constituencies

helping them see the light of batshit nonsense marxism and diversity worship

but yeah im sure not being on board with the mass importation of low wage , high crime prone ethnic minorities is definitely going against the working classses own interrests

yup

next time i see a refugee pushing around a few shopping trollies in a supermarket car park im going to scream

Last edited:

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Taco read the 'what makes a bogan' thread in Non-School. The working class aren't poor or starving or working in life-threatening conditions anymore. They're richer than kings were a hundred years ago.

They don't give a fuck about anti-racism or whatever. They want big TVs and ed hardy clothes. That's why they voted for Howard.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Low wealth and low IQ are heavily correlated

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
WHY CAN'T THEY SEE THAT WE'RE TRYING TO HELP THEM

cover for fascists and war criminals the world over

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
lol

even people who work the min wage (i work close to it fyi) dont exactly have shit lives

theyre way happier than the miserable sobs who run around spending their lives obsessing and fretting over income inequality

Deathless

HSC
Serious discussion please. Why is it that the working class as a whole tends to be more socially and fiscally conservative than the others? You'd think that some class consciousness and solidarity would mobilise the working class against privilege, but they instead seem to focus their anger on migrants, homosexuals etc - much like the middle class of the southern United States. I find it very nonsensical that the working class is fairly right-wing and often tend to vote for the Liberals, even though it's against their own interests to do so. You'd think that the working class would be far-left.

Thoughts?
Because the working class is very middle class? A conservative govt preserves the interest of the middle class. Also the working class doesn't 'tend' to vote for the Liberals. It's because Liberals are so much better than Labour who don't know shit about govt.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Because the working class is very middle class? A conservative govt preserves the interest of the middle class. Also the working class doesn't 'tend' to vote for the Liberals. It's because Liberals are so much better than Labour who don't know shit about govt.
lol

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
the working class is middle class
and the middle class is some kind of crazy super-middle class

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
wtf is a plumber or an electrician who makes like 60k a year

is that middle class or working class

Last edited:

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
plumbers or electricians make a fuckload more than 60k a year

HSC
middle class = working class for fuck sake

plumbers and electricians are on like $110k boyo its ridiculous

fuck lefties

Cianyx

Planarian Leader
HSC
They watch too much TV. What would you expect?

Deathless

HSC
the working class is middle class
and the middle class is some kind of crazy super-middle class
Where the hell do you think you live? In China? There the working class wage would probably average something like $2USD p/hr and have much less benefits. Australia's working class is very middle class compared to the rest of the world.

HSC
well i said that
because i dont think you can live upperclass for under ~$150k (combined incomes im talkinggg)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)