The working class is nonsensical and starting to piss me off (1 Viewer)

HSC
haha yeah australia
our middle class is most other places wealthy upperclass

how many people do you know without airconditioning, atleast 1 flatscreen, PCs with broadband internet, so much food that they are obese and atleast one nice car

i know cunts on centrelink with all of that

HSC
how do they work out the cost of living
because australia has very high costs of living apparently
but we all have 52 inch plasmas and 3 computers and new kitchens and airconditioning running 24/7 and 2 late model commodores etc

do they take that into account?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
We earn more but our stuff only costs a bit more than other places due to shit like lower population to sell it to, we're in the middle of nowhere (shipping), exchange rates

Calculated off of purchasing power parity methinks

or I could be totally wrong idk

HSC
earning the average wage in australia allows you to live a VERY comfortable life

vs

earning the average wage in a more affordable city such as buenos aires does not allow you to live as comfortably

idgi

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Yeah! I agree!

We should encourage them to unionise, just like all those American Auto workers...who caused GM to bankrupt....

Erm, I mean yeah! This is clearly in their best interests!

Oh, and they need to be pushing for a higher minimum wage!

Never mind supply and demand and equilibriums and all that stuff which demonstrate that an artificially higher minmum wage will necessarily lead to higher unemployment, this will be good for them! Yeah!

Last edited:

cantseecats

HSC
After being inspired by some of cosmo's posts it's pretty clear to me that a person's level of intelligence-which is mostly inherited and can't be affected by education etc.-is the one factor that pretty much everything else in your life is affected by.

Low IQ people aren't going to want or be able to study all the different economic and political systems to even know what their interests are and which political party represent them best, and they're not going to concern themselves with diversity and homosexuality worship.

You're not going to change their minds about anything. Hardly any of these working class people are capable of reading and understanding thousands of pages of Marx. Just support eugenics.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Where the hell do you think you live? In China? There the working class wage would probably average something like $2USD p/hr and have much less benefits. Australia's working class is very middle class compared to the rest of the world.
the thread is ABOUT australia's working class :/

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
The poorest have become incredibly better off in the past century and trots want to turn back the clock

oh okay

Lentern

HSC
The poorest have become incredibly better off in the past century and trots want to turn back the clock

oh okay
You mean fewer not better surely, I mean the poorest today are still starving to death and dying in childbirth etc, I don't imagine the bottom rung really had it that much worse than that a century ago.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
You mean fewer not better surely, I mean the poorest today are still starving to death and dying in childbirth etc, I don't imagine the bottom rung really had it that much worse than that a century ago.
hes talking about in non shit countries that dont perpetually suck

HSC
it's people like you who think that you can help them and everything they do is wrong that pisses them off. justsayin

Deathless

HSC
the thread is ABOUT australia's working class :/
No shit. I mentioned Australia's working class didn't I?

@ Lentern
Australia's poor are only in relative poverty not absolute poverty. Only those in relative poverty have had improved living standards. Those in absolute poverty have barely improved...

Lentern

HSC
No shit. I mentioned Australia's working class didn't I?

@ Lentern
Australia's poor are only in relative poverty not absolute poverty. Only those in relative poverty have had improved living standards. Those in absolute poverty have barely improved...
Shocking though it may be to you in your suburban utopia, there are Australians who live in abject poverty. Very few I'll grant you but they're out there.

Kim Il-Sung

HSC
lol you dumb cunt

fewer people in 'absolute poverty' = more people in 'relative poverty'/working/middle class etc = improved living standards

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
fucking relative poverty is such a nonsense concept

Deathless

HSC
Shocking though it may be to you in your suburban utopia, there are Australians who live in abject poverty. Very few I'll grant you but they're out there.
Yes, let's take the outliers and judge a nation by it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)