The world is coming to an end (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
If the flood mentioned in Noah's Ark killed the dinosaurs, this suggests that dinosaurs and humans co-existed as little as a few thousand years ago? But of course for some reason there is no documented evidence at all to lend support to such a shocking conclusion.

Btw, I could go on all day about how you're wrong about the doom and gloom of peak oil. But far easier to link you to this article. Seriously, if you are starting to believe these nutters on the peak oil doomsday webz, do yourself a favour and read it:

http://peakoildebunked.blogspot.com/2006/07/307-confessions-of-ex-doomer.html
Looks interesting I'll have a read soon.

Why is it shocking for humans and dinosaurs to have co-existed? I'm not saying it happened, I'm just curious as to the implications...

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
3unitz said:
:)
tbh I dont know , you are the cleverer of us. Surely you've heard of creationist arguments?
I spoke to one...and i dont really remember details off the top of my head :
I think he said things about drawings of dinosaurs in caves (?) legends in many parts of the world etc.
Sorry I dont really remember anymore....I can try to remember if you havent heard of any others....

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Raptor Jesus.

EDIT: The Flintstones.

EDIT2: Jurassic Park movies.

[/thread]

If you can use the bible, then...

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
There is none whatsoever and that is without a doubt the most idiotic thing you have ever said.

Please link me to said evidence immediately. You can't present 'oh some guy said' as evidence, you nitwit. There is no scientifically justifiable evidence that proves such a ludicrous claim.

Im sorry, I thought after Id posted that i probably shouldnt have.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
so how do you know that:

You must be lying on at least one occasion.
The first occasion.
Not lying. Just didnt write what i meant. I shouldnt have said "evidence"
I beg your pardon.

3unitz

HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
so how do you know that:

You must be lying on at least one occasion.
haha, oh leave her alone shes a nice girl

X

xeuyrawp

I started reading the thread from the beginning, and then I got to this:

inasero said:
four horsemen of the apocalypse- religious deception, war, famine and disease
it's all there in teh Bible, no joke

fortunately it's only the end of this rotten world and we can look forward to something better
Actually, if you even watched a decent Hollywood movie, you'd know that, traditionally, the horsemen are Death, Pestilence, Conquest, and War.

And it's not really "in the Bible". These are a later addition to Biblical tradition; only "Death" is mentioned directly. And really, usually the horsemen are just a motif for judgement day. In modern times, unfortunately, the four horsemen of apocalypse are what idiotic Christians like yourself use as a religious sledgehammer. The horsemen are not a prevalent theme in the Bible and shouldn't be a prevalent theme in any discussion - fuck, they don't even appear until Revelation. And to quote someone on that book:

(In a letter) " I then considered it [Revelation] as merely the ravings of a maniac, no more worthy nor capable of explanation than the incoherences of our own nightly dreams. I was, therefore, well pleased to see, in your first proof sheet, that it was said to be not the production of St. John, but of Cerinthus, a century after the death of that apostle."
- Thomas Jefferson

Then there are all the religious people that hate Revelation; Martin Luther thought it was horrible, Mother Theresa never cited it in any of her works, many religious scholars dismiss it. Most of all: It must be the most-cited Book by raving, American, hateful, bigoted, violent people people on earth. I find Revelation to be more violent than the Koran, and only surpassed by the lovely Old Testament tales where Moses ravished in the bloody slaughtering of innocent women and children.

TL;DR VERSION: In conclusion, you seem pretty ill-informed on everything, and I couldn't be fucked reading anything else you write.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Punch on, The Mod verse the BOSer
When: Next BOS meat
Where: The Streets
Who: Inasero 'THE BIBLE BASHING' Moderator VS Schroe 'THE TERMINATOR' dingerrr.

boris

Banned
HSC
Dinosaurs..
Humans
Cohabitation...

Dinosaurs eat man... Women inherit the earth.

boris

Banned
HSC
Hahahahaha what the fuck is this thread.

BBL, gotta read from the beginning :confused:

boris

Banned
HSC
how would jesus have faked being born in Bethlehem, and being born to a virgin (the virgin mary)?
LOL

Yr doing Medicine aren't you Inasero? You explain to me how Jesus faked being born to a virgin.

Or I can draw you a picture.

Hint: The picture includes a penis.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Sometimes I think I believe in God but then I snap out of it because, you know, that's just fucking retarded, and this thread would go some way to explaining why...

Jesus faked being born to a virgin? what?

boris

Banned
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Actually there is alot of 'evidence' (or at least things that could be put forward as evidence ),pointing toward the fact that dinosaurs and humans coexisted.
Plz to be sharing this information.

tbh I dont know , you are the cleverer of us. Surely you've heard of creationist arguments?
I spoke to one...and i dont really remember details off the top of my head :
I think he said things about drawings of dinosaurs in caves (?) legends in many parts of the world etc.
Sorry I dont really remember anymore....I can try to remember if you havent heard of any others....
YOU CAN'T DO THIS. YOU CAN'T SAY THAT THERE IS LOTS OF PROOF HUMANS AND DINOSAURS COEXISTED, AND THEN SAY YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE EVIDENCE IS.

ABORIGINALS DREW A LOT OF SHIT STICK FIGURES IN CAVES 40,000 YEARS AGO AND THERE AINT NO T-REXES

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Nobody could have predicted that the temple was going to be destroyed, and as far as I'm aware there was no indication that the Romans were planning to do so- I mean if the Jewish religious leaders got wind of anything, it would have been political disaster for the Romans. Their power in the region relied on maintaining the peace with the Jews.
As far as you're aware? I'm sorry but if you don't know then stop claiming it's a divine prediction because what I suggested seems far more reasonable until it's disproven as a possibility. IDK if I'm right (I'm not a bible historian) but what I do know is that most/all of these claims are dismissed either as being extreme confabulations of the meaning of the text, predictions that were likely to come true anyway, or predictions made after the event occured... this is most likely another one of these, if I really have to I'll google it up.

Believing in the existence of Noah's ark is not at all like believing in purple giraffes, which is obviously ridiculous.
Actually, I'd say a purple giraffe is more likely than the existence of noah's ark in all seriousness... Anyway my point was to explain why the absence of evidence != evidence of absence thing shouldn't lead us towards acceptance of things which we can't disprove but I would suggest that we should in fact accept things as truths based on our current best evidence available.

I'm just saying that on the balance of probabilities I have strong reason to believe in Noah's ark, not least of which is because it says so in the Bible (but you don't buy that do you?)
The ship could not even be built... no one can re-create such a ship to the specifications in the bible... There comes a point in the size of a ship where wood is no longer feasible.

A worldwide flood would explain why dinosaurs fossils have even been discovered in the first place.
We don't need a worldwide flood to explain the existence of dinosaur fossils.

In fact fossils are really incredibly difficult to produce and you have to have the right conditions.
One of those conditions is not 'a world-wide flood'.

Why is it that we don't find any fossils of "modern" organisms?
What do you mean? We do.

Furthermore, the fact that all dinosaur fossils have been found in pretty much the same layer and the fact that the fossil record is incomplete (which is another argument against evolution, but we'll leave that for another thread) points to an epic catastrophe of worldwide flooding proportions.
What? They've been found in layers separated by millions of years :/ The record will ALWAYS be incomplete... Where do you get these utterly crap ideas from? Seriously stop reading fundie christian websites and see what the other side has to say... at least wikipedia it.

I've looked into the claims of the Bible, and I'm wholly convinced that it's the only explanation for the world coming to be the way it is- spiritually, physically, politically, etc., not just taking it at face value as alot of you seemto be suggesting. The Bible has been confirmed and validated time and time again throughout history, and through scientific processes.
I'm afraid I think you're completely wrong about the bible having been confirmed and validated time and time again... especially since many of the claims cannot be validated/positively refuted. There is a lot of historical truth in the bible as there are some scientific truths, there are also many gaping errors which the fundametalist can only get past through the sort of obscufation and confabulation that leads to works such as those by nostrodamus being 'predictive'.

Actually there is alot of 'evidence' (or at least things that could be put forward as evidence ),pointing toward the fact that dinosaurs and humans coexisted.
No there isn't and to say otherwise is such a slap in the face to so much of our scientific tools/discoveries that you had better have some damn good evidence.

HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
As far as you're aware? I'm sorry but if you don't know then stop claiming it's a divine prediction because what I suggested seems far more reasonable until it's disproven as a possibility. IDK if I'm right (I'm not a bible historian) but what I do know is that most/all of these claims are dismissed either as being extreme confabulations of the meaning of the text, predictions that were likely to come true anyway, or predictions made after the event occured... this is most likely another one of these, if I really have to I'll google it up.

Actually, I'd say a purple giraffe is more likely than the existence of noah's ark in all seriousness... Anyway my point was to explain why the absence of evidence != evidence of absence thing shouldn't lead us towards acceptance of things which we can't disprove but I would suggest that we should in fact accept things as truths based on our current best evidence available.

The ship could not even be built... no one can re-create such a ship to the specifications in the bible... There comes a point in the size of a ship where wood is no longer feasible.

We don't need a worldwide flood to explain the existence of dinosaur fossils.

One of those conditions is not 'a world-wide flood'.

What do you mean? We do.

What? They've been found in layers separated by millions of years :/ The record will ALWAYS be incomplete... Where do you get these utterly crap ideas from? Seriously stop reading fundie christian websites and see what the other side has to say... at least wikipedia it.

I'm afraid I think you're completely wrong about the bible having been confirmed and validated time and time again... especially since many of the claims cannot be validated/positively refuted. There is a lot of historical truth in the bible as there are some scientific truths, there are also many gaping errors which the fundametalist can only get past through the sort of obscufation and confabulation that leads to works such as those by nostrodamus being 'predictive'.

No there isn't and to say otherwise is such a slap in the face to so much of our scientific tools/discoveries that you had better have some damn good evidence.
Grub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)