The X Factor (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lourai*87 said:
Can anyone expalin mark's comment about the "Sally Roberts memorial" in respose to JT's "Ive got some of janie shrapnells music for you to listen to"?

I feel really bad for gemma btw, that wasnt a great performance imo. Im not really liking Kate Cebrano in this show.
Im assuming, the previous week with the chic being voted off not appearing on stage and singing, ie 'quitter' as the "sally robbins" affair during the eights at the olympics.

Amryllis

HSC
Survivor39 said:
argh! What a horrible show tonight. None of them deserve to stay!

In particular:
Jemma - Very pitchy everywhere. Struggling throughout the song. It was simply HORRIBLE!
Jacob - Wrong choice of song. It was BORING. Zzzzzz
Roslynn - I cannot believe she sang that poorly....what happened to her good voice?
Vince - I'll give him 1 out of 10 for his singing.
Kaya - Agreed with judges. No climax. It was the same kaya tune week after week.
Random - BORING! Out of breath performance.... Poor vocal.
Russell - meh. it was just okay... not good, not poor.

I think the performances are way too long. Should cut them back.

i like American Idol better. And daniel macpherson's presenting skill is a bit over the top. And he looks like he keeps rolling his eyes. lol
Hahaha.. That's a pretty comprehensive review of tonight's show. I'm starting to get sick of X Factor. They drag it out for way too long. Right now I like American Idol better, coz the talent is better and the show doesn't drag on forever. I also like Ryan Seacrest better than any of the Australian talent show presenters, including Andrew G + James Matheson, and Daniel MacPherson.

Daniel MacPherson is starting to piss me off more an more - he really should tone it down. I also don't like Chloe Maxwell very much - too cheesy. I still remember her from those horrible "JEANS WEST, FITS BEST!!!" commercials a few years ago.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Random still came out on top this week, though they've yet to reach their full potential. I didn't think it was fair how JR said they were flat or not as energetic as the previous weeks.. hello, it was a dedication to some guy who they cared about.. it's like everyone else can sing ballads and tear-jerker songs but Random have always got to be upbeat and lively.. not cool.

and lmao at Gemma... she ruined a really good song. poor girl, it was her birthday and everything.. such a crap performance.

the judges are so catty. they have to find fault with all the competition, even if they were good... ehh..

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Amryllis said:
Daniel MacPherson is starting to piss me off more an more - he really should tone it down. I also don't like Chloe Maxwell very much - too cheesy. I still remember her from those horrible "JEANS WEST, FITS BEST!!!" commercials a few years ago.
OMG i hate that chloe chick.... she's such a crap presenter/host thingy.... she should not have a microphone.. i don't mind dan mac, but that chloe maxwell girl needs to be voted out >.<
X-factor is also dragged out way too much. american idol is better in that way, but that's cos we're behind.

Amryllis

HSC
YEAH! I'm glad someone agrees. Chloe is really annoying. I hate it when she starts singing.

All the judges were pretty nasty tonight. But I reckon they do have a good point at least about Roslynn. Like what's the point of bringing in 8 of the Australian cast of The Lion King when you can just play the track? Or at least cut it down to maybe like 4 people. All 8 of them completely drown out Roslynn's voice, and you hardly notice her because her voice isn't strong enough to carry through 8 other people's voices.

I'm finding Mark really annoying as well. I think in Australia Idol, at least you had Marcia and Dicko to balance him out. But in the X Factor, the judges are individual units in themselves. I just find a lot of Mark's comments to be unnecessary and just plain irritating. Especially the whole deal about originality. He criticises the other acts whether or not they perform original songs anyway.

We're not behind in American Idol anymore. The last one to be voted out is Jessica Sierra and that was on 30/3/05. That's why Channel 10 has been showing it twice a week - so we can catch up.

Fry

Annegelic said:
the judges are so catty. they have to find fault with all the competition, even if they were good... ehh..
it's clear they're trying to stir up some controversy, but right now it's just really pissing me off. i get this strong urge to punch all the judges in the face except for the old guy. American Idol has always moved at a fast pace and i believe we are up to date now.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
oh yeah, that was really stupid how JR got those back-up lion king people on stage..... they didn't actually sing, you know ? it was mimed. mark said something about "what was the point of getting 8 people to mime" in the background. it was for image sake, i think. should've just been rosalynn on stage by herself.

stainmepink

HSC
FUCKen .

is it just me but does GEMMA REALLY SUCK?

i watched the x factor for the first time on tv tonight where gemma right the blonde one (the youngest i think?) sang the voice within .. and what the fuck i watched the whole thing with my mouth open and the hair on the back of my hand sticking up. it was spooky! so so so so FUCKen spooky. oh my god its just now ive realised what a great singer christina aguilera was .

she shouldnt be allowed to sing. omg im just speechless it was just so utterly ... RATSHIT

she shouldnt be allowed to sing.
ever. and the fact that the woman judge had tears in her eyes pissed me of even more. mark pisses me off. they all piss me off. i feel the need to rip her fat head off.

infact she shouldnt have even auditioned. fuck. im so upset. where has the all the australian talent gone ... ive come to the conclusion that all these australian shows are void of talent and its the american idol we have to watch.

screw you gemma! just watching a minute of u on tv has reduced me to this.
uurrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited by a moderator:

stainmepink

HSC
i cant stop shaking ...

just so horrible ...

Fry

gobaby said:
is it just me but does GEMMA REALLY SUCK?

i watched the x factor for the first time on tv tonight where gemma right the blonde one (the youngest i think?) sang the voice within .. and what the fuck i watched the whole thing with my mouth open and the hair on the back of my hand sticking up.

she shouldnt be allowed to sing. omg im just speechless it was just so utterly ... HORRIBLE.

she shouldnt be allowed to sing.
ever. and the fact that the woman judge had tears in her eyes pissed me of even more. mark pisses me off. they all piss me off.

infact she shouldnt have even auditioned. fuck. im so upset. where has the all the australian talent gone ... ive come to the conclusion that all these australian shows are void of talent and its the american idol we have to watch.

screw you gemma
you took the words straight outta my mouth. that was the first time i heard her perform that song too and i was cringing throughout...it was shocking. it was all over the place, very pitchy and completely out of tune. im glad Kate made the right choice and didn't let favouritism get the best of her. Australian talent is seriously crap. my guess is that Australian Idol 3 will be even worse.

stainmepink

HSC
fucken i dont think i'll get to sleep tonight. seriously ... I AM SCARRED ok? she wasnt even pitchy?!! i bet you she probably doesnt even know the music scale!!!!! ARGAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

WHY is it that out of SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY PEOPLE SHE GOT chosen? SHE SHOULD BE ONE OF THOSE UNFORGETTABLE MOMENTS ON IDOL. YES THE REALLY SUCKY ONES

FARK!!! its bribery!! she mustve paid to stay.

or my theory is that no one watches the show and her relatives keep smsing.

ok theory number #1: she bribed the judges
theory #2: her relatives bribe the mobile company
theory #3: shes related to the judge
theory #4: she had awful sex with all judges and thats why they like her so much
theory #5: she had mcuh awful sex with the australian public. everyone discovered she had cooties and didnt vote for her purely because she denied having an sti, leaving her relatives and her many babies in wedlock to vote for her.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
lol @ gobaby. you have the power of the remote control........ change the channel if you don't like gemma/x factor/australian reality shows. gemma was/is shit, yes, but now she's gone so we should all build a bridge now. and i wouldn't go as far to say aussie talent is crap, if you all like american idol so much then go move to america. x factor is just one small percentage of the aussie public, and there is definitely some good aussie artists around, probably most who decided not to audition on a reality show.

now back to typing my uni notes.........

Fry

yeah, but THOUSANDS of Aussies auditioned for this show and it surprises me that this is the best we can come up with. as if Popstars wasn't bad enough..

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I told you guys about Gemman last night, didn't I?? :D It was SIMPLY HORRIBLE!

stainmepink

HSC
Survivor39 said:
I told you guys about Gemman last night, didn't I?? :D It was SIMPLY HORRIBLE!

exacatalllyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!
you know im just going to sit here on my fat ass and whinge about Gemima until shes kicked out. for the greater good of the australian music industry. n yes. i usually do have a life except for tonight of which it is completely ruined. i need several hugs and a bottle of vodka. fuck fuck fuck fuck yuk yuk. and dont tell me that x factor has taken a hold over me. infact its the complete opposite. i just want to rip out her voice box. (or does she even have one? o_O)

Amryllis

HSC
I think you're wasting a lot of energy raving and ranting on about the poor girl. I totally agree that Gemma sounded absolutely, unforgivably horrible with that song. I thought it was really a torture to sit through that song twice. But she just made an extremely bad song choice but she's not a bad singer on the whole. Her voice is just not suited to pop songs. But she does sound good singing old jazz-type songs.

I actually thought she was very brave and was a really good sport about Kate picking Jacob over her. She was so mature about it and she only just turned 17 yesterday. Not the greatest birthday present, to say the least. I reckon The Brothership have a thing or two to learn from her - they were such sore losers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)