The X Factor (1 Viewer)

stainmepink

HSC
Amryllis said:
I think you're wasting a lot of energy raving and ranting on about the poor girl. I totally agree that Gemma sounded absolutely, unforgivably horrible with that song. I thought it was really a torture to sit through that song twice. But she just made an extremely bad song choice but she's not a bad singer on the whole. Her voice is just not suited to pop songs. But she does sound good singing old jazz-type songs.

I actually thought she was very brave and was a really good sport about Kate picking Jacob over her. She was so mature about it and she only just turned 17 yesterday. Not the greatest birthday present, to say the least. I reckon The Brothership have a thing or two to learn from her - they were such sore losers.

its the fact that out of so many other talented people .. she got picked out. and .. also, what the fuck is she doing up in the finals or semifinals .. whatever the fuck this show is up to. but yeh, ive finished my rant because she's now gone and im happy with life again

spiny norman

HSC
gobaby said:
its the fact that out of so many other talented people .. she got picked out. and .. also, what the fuck is she doing up in the finals or semifinals .. whatever the fuck this show is up to. but yeh, ive finished my rant because she's now gone and im happy with life again
Because, as was just noted, she seemed to do well when not singing bubblegum pop ballads?

stainmepink

HSC
spiny norman said:
Because, as was just noted, she seemed to do well when not singing bubblegum pop ballads?

ive never seen her singing anything other than what i just heard. so yeh ok .. point taken. but hey i dont care anymore, she's gone.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i cant stand the xfactor
everytime i turn t.v on its in my face
commercials..etc..the actual show
shits me

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
I think the idea of x-factor is better than idol where there's a bit of acapella perforances and acoustic (guitar and vocal) and then big productions.

But some of the chosen contestants were really woeful and Gemma's performance was humiliating for herself. As she was never able to reach those notes and definitely deserved to go home.

Jacob's performance had some problems and he was just walking like he was at woolies.
Wtf was Russel's dancing if you could call it dancing though my mum thought it was hot which makes it even more scary.
Random didn't live up to expectations.
Roslynn and Kaya was ok.

I total agree with the comments Mark made, like there was nothing original about Vince - bad clothes, bad dance moves and the high voice doesn't suit him. Also when you compare Vince's performance to Ricki-Lee's performance, she kicked ass and her performance which as totally original and had her own interpretations of it comes out so much better. So i now understand what Mark goes on about.

And also did one else understand the reference Mark made when John said "i've got a CD of Janie Shrapnel's Songs"

I've actually changed my opinion about Janie , I think she's a great singer. I heard her sing Pete Murray around the campfire as my sister was watching the Monday show of last week which she missed and for some reason her voice just got to me.

EDITED: Is it better?

Last edited:

Amryllis

HSC
zenger69: mate... For someone doing extension 1 AND 2 English, you sure have bad grammar...

Someone said on the previous page already about Mark's reference to Sally Robbins about Janie. Coz Sally Robbins stopped rowing when her team was almost at the finish line at the Olympics - so that was compared to Janie's no-show at last week elimination when she was in the bottom 2 and couldn't perform coz she was sick.

I agree that Ricki-Lee did heaps better in her cover of Michael Jackson's song than Vince though...

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
i totally agree with you i have very bad grammar on forums but when i'm writing essays it's different.

and also being male, I no good at multi-tasking because when i'm posting i'm using MSN and listening to music at the same time and loud music really distracts me for some reason.

but I realised i'm a huge fan of X-Factor even though I hated Idol and Popstars. Isn't that weird?

HSC
i'm thinking about boycotting the x factor

john reid is turning his people's images around into 'gayness'

he makes russell sing these gay songs and dresses him in shocking clothes

and that rosslyn is all ' queen diva'

i'm so glad kate cebrano's kid went - she sucked singing the voice within and kate is totally to cocky and motherly

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
I agree, i cant stand Kate. She is so smug and biased as well. Like her "babies" could never do anything wrong...which really irritates me. And Mark cant help himself picking a fight with everyone, but at least he has something useful to say (some of the time).

So who does eveyone want to win? Im gonna say Random simply because they arent conformists and have some originality, while most just immitate the artists they are doing.

payafee

HSC
Sweets said:
omg i just think the host is retard. Who does he think he is? Ryan Seacrest?
i know, so true! he is trying to copy Ryan Seacrest's hosting style by the way he speaks and putting his hand on the contestants shoulders. i always pay close attention to that, lol.

D.Larie

I haven't been watching X-Factor since the auditions...
but who's that guy in the commercial doing Michael Jackson moves along to 'Don't Stop Til You Get Enough'?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
D.Larie said:
I haven't been watching X-Factor since the auditions...
but who's that guy in the commercial doing Michael Jackson moves along to 'Don't Stop Til You Get Enough'?
That was Vince. It was a terrible performance/singing.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
lol dan mac doesn't act like ryan seacret.
and vince wasn't a bad performer, just a good imitator.

Amryllis

HSC
Yeah, I don't think Daniel MacPherson acts like Ryan Seacrest at all. Ryan is so much more subdued in his presentation but Dan is totally over the top in an extremely irritating way. I used to think he's cute - he still is, but I don't like him anymore coz his hosting really annoys me.

I'm also getting annoyed about Kate and how she reckons her "babies" are this and that. And Mark is being annoying as well.

I just heard on Today FM last night that John Reid was Elton John's boyfriend and Lowie asked John about their sex life. :p

Lowie: so what's Elton like in the sack?
John: .... quiet

HAHAHAHAH!!!

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
I want Kaya to go, they're so crap it's not funny. And I really didn't think that Vincent, or whatever his name is, was that crap. At least he got the crowd going unlike the other contestants who decide to sing their boring ballad type songs.

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
yeah...i think vincent is a pretty good performer...who cares if his dance moves are very imitational...thats what coreographers are for.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
Is John Reid gay????? I thought he was like the stereotypical old man who is married with kids who've moved away and on the verge of retirement and joining that annoying insurance company "if your over 55 and no longer working full time".

I thought he was a bit retro thats why he wore those types of shirts. Crap my gaydar must be really shit.

Yes i agree with some of the people before that Dan Mac is really annoying, he was annoying in The Bill (which was already unbearable studying it as Police Drama) and he has carried his annoying personality over to The X-Factor.

Last edited:
HSC
zenger69 said:
Is John Reid gay????? I thought he was like the stereotypical old man who is married with kids who've moved away and on the verge of retirement and joining that annoying insurance company "if your over 55 and no longer working full time".

I thought he was a bit retro thats why he wore those types of shirts. Crap my gaydar must be really shit.

Yes i agree with some of the people before that Dan Mac is really annoying, he was annoying in The Bill (which was already unbearable studying it as Police Drama) and he has carried his annoying personality over to The X-Factor.
J.R was best man at Eltons wedding and then became his lover? Prehaps that was before ... but he and Elton were an item for a fair while. Your gaydar is broken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)