The Zokunu Chronicles: My HSC, and how I progress (1 Viewer)

Zokunu

HSC
25Feb2014

- Finished chapter 14 review questions in Math Fitzpatrick.
- Updating Biology notes from 'Success One'

Later

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
24/02/2014

- Did Chapter review questions in Chapter 14 < --- Not all done yet.
- Read Physics Notes - Motors and Generators.
- Used Success One Biology and did some questions. Updating BOL notes.
- Tutoring for English at Focus C.
- Finished editing/refining Module essay. Waiting for feedback.

I think i might have heard it wrong but apparently, my Math tests is now only based on what we've learned from Term 4 last year till now. I'm not really sure, gonna ask tomm. It's covering Geo application, Intergration/volumes, exponential/logs and Trigs if it is.

I just wanna ask. Should I be doing my Fitzpatrick Math textbook questions or go straight into past papers like what i did last term and barely passed...? Thank you.

That's it. Sleeping. Later.
I think you should attempt the most difficult Fitzpatrick maths textbook questions before you proceed into past papers-remember QUALITY is over QUANTITY, so don't try to do 20 past papers in one week, it will never work, try to focus on say, the 5 most recent past papers and make sure you are going through the relevant topics in a diligent and succinct way-i.e. working out the question several times before you give in to the temptation of looking at the answers:)

Zokunu

HSC
I think you should attempt the most difficult Fitzpatrick maths textbook questions before you proceed into past papers-remember QUALITY is over QUANTITY, so don't try to do 20 past papers in one week, it will never work, try to focus on say, the 5 most recent past papers and make sure you are going through the relevant topics in a diligent and succinct way-i.e. working out the question several times before you give in to the temptation of looking at the answers:)
mhm, ok then. Thanks strawberrye.

26/02/2014

Did some questions on 14.1 Fitzpatrick. I noticed there are actually some questions which i can't do since i actually skipped some exercises in 14 cuz it was too basic...idk.
- Tutoring for Math in Focus C. Reading "Space" notes during the travel and wait.
- Did homework Homework for Physics - Space topic.

Apparently the Mid-Term exam for English is similar to section 1...Unseen Text- Creative - Text - Romulus my father. tbh, i never expected this, i thought it was just similar to last year where we answer the unseen text q's and leave. So that's like 2 hours +reading time for a exam for English for Term 2...how does that work...double periods is already 100min?. I might have to ask again tomm. So not prepared, gonna plan tomm for creative.

Later. Sleeping

Zokunu

HSC
27/02/2014

- Finished Math Exercise 14.1, halfway for 14.2 now. Fitzpatrick
- Finished Physics HW
- Looked at some questions in 2013 Success One. Updating Bio notes.
- Started Creative for Mid Term XAMMM. 1 paragraph. . Imma tell you guys what it is tomm. Waiting for English feedback(s) [/B]

Sleeping. Out.

Zokunu

HSC
28/02/2014

- Finished Math Exercise 14.2. Fitzpatrick.
- Finished Chem Past Paper which i forgot to finish.
- Fixed/Edited minor problems in Module A essay.

- Gonna make a list of Short - Medium and Long term goals tomorrow. This isn't enough. Something has to change.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
28/02/2014

- Finished Math Exercise 14.2. Fitzpatrick.
- Finished Chem Past Paper which i forgot to finish.
- Fixed/Edited minor problems in Module A essay.

- Gonna make a list of Short - Medium and Long term goals tomorrow. This isn't enough. Something has to change.
What do you mean by the bolded part?

Zokunu

HSC
What do you mean by the bolded part?
dw about it, it's just personal stuff.

2/03/2014

- TBH not much done today. The main reason was because

# I slept for like 10 hours and woke up at 11 ==''. I think i started working at 12-1 or something...idk.
# Watched Naruto at lunch break....I can't stand the fillers anymore. So i decided to read the manga instead. Wasted most of my time reading...cuz it was so addicting/intense

Did a lot through updating my Biology notes, by dot - point and success one books. Fck, have to return them tommorow. Gonna borrow it again. Not done yet. Printing Soon.
- Finished Math Tutor Homework on Trig.

Gonna polish/clean up my notes before im out. Sleeping. Later.

Zokunu

HSC
3/03/2014

- GYM: LEGS.
- Updating Biology notes through Success One books.
- Finished English Tutor Homework.
- Read "The Acidic Environment" notes. also highlighting.
- Edited/Refined English Module A essay.

# I should of done more today. I opened the feedback for English in Window Live and Ctrl-S after I finished. Then, hours later I couldn't find the file anywhere...fck. I searched the temporary internet file thing where people suggested and it's still not there. All the efforts today for English...fck. Had to start ALL OVER again. Glad I finished now tho. For those of you reading, always SAVE AS when u opened the doc in window live or somethin.Don't Ctrl S..

Sleeping later.

Zokunu

HSC
4/03/2014

- Finished 14.4 Fitzpatrick for Math.
- Read "The Acidic Environment notes"
- Looking up and doing questions for Space and MAG for Half - Yearlies ~ Past Papers.
- English Tutoring in Focus C. 2 hours.

I spend so much time figuring out questions which i have no idea what to do and at the end I waste up like 10-20 mins figuring out what im doing wrong/how to solve it. Am I wasting time?

Littlehelp pls?

What minimum energy is required to raise a 1.7 × 103 kg lunar rover vehicle from the surface of the Earth (radius = 6 380 km ) to a altitude of 5.22 × 106 m?

Sleeping. Thank you.

Zokunu

HSC
4/03/2014

- Did some questions on 14.5 - Fitzpatrick Math.
- One again read "The Acidic Environment" notes.
- Updating Biology notes - Printing this week.
- Looked up youtube videos and textbooks to see how the Right-Hand Rule thing works... I still don't get it. I watched an example on youtube. Looked at a question from a textbook and i was like...what do i do...?. Gonna try to understand this tomm.

Sleeping. Later.

Zokunu

HSC
5/03/2014

- Math tutoring for 2 hours.
- Finished some questions for Math Homework - Not all done yet.
- Only did some questions for Biology. 2008 HSC. Not feeling so good right now, imma rest. Continuing tomorrow.

That's it. Later.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
4/03/2014

- Finished 14.4 Fitzpatrick for Math.
- Looking up and doing questions for Space and MAG for Half - Yearlies ~ Past Papers.
- English Tutoring in Focus C. 2 hours.

I spend so much time figuring out questions which i have no idea what to do and at the end I waste up like 10-20 mins figuring out what im doing wrong/how to solve it. Am I wasting time?

Littlehelp pls?

What minimum energy is required to raise a 1.7 × 103 kg lunar rover vehicle from the surface of the Earth (radius = 6 380 km ) to a altitude of 5.22 × 106 m?

Sleeping. Thank you.
To solve the physics question, essentially you need to calculate the difference in potential energy between the two orbits. Make sure everything is in SI units when you use the gravitational potential energy formula and you will be sweet:). You were not exactly wasting time figuring out what you went wrong-because if you blitzed through all the questions, it means the questions were far too easy and not challenging your ability to think critically and creatively...these are skills needed when you do an exam and you are under immense time pressure to find the best solution for a particular problem. You are making very steady progress so far-keep it up!:)

Zokunu

HSC
To solve the physics question, essentially you need to calculate the difference in potential energy between the two orbits. Make sure everything is in SI units when you use the gravitational potential energy formula and you will be sweet:). You were not exactly wasting time figuring out what you went wrong-because if you blitzed through all the questions, it means the questions were far too easy and not challenging your ability to think critically and creatively...these are skills needed when you do an exam and you are under immense time pressure to find the best solution for a particular problem. You are making very steady progress so far-keep it up!:)
Thanks strawberry.

06/03/2014

- Did some questions in exercise 14.5 Math Fitzpatrick. Nearly done.
- Read The Acidic Environment notes. Reading physics notes tomm.
- Finished Math Hw for tutor. TRIG
- Spent most of the day updating bio notes through success one book.

Tired.. Sleeping. Laterz.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Zokunu

HSC
8/03/2014

Pretty much wanted to relax a little today.

- Updating Bio notes again, through Success One.
- Read "Motors and Generators" notes.

That's it. Catching up tomm. Later.

Zokunu

HSC
09/03/2014

- GYM: Whole body workout. . Benched from 40kg to 20kg....couldn't lift it up. fck what's wrong with me today.
- Spent the entire day, working/refining/updating my notes for Biology. Maintaining a Balance and Blueprint of Life. Hopefully it's good. Printing them tomorrow. Just have to crush those PP's, read notes, do math. Do the exams and I'm done for the term.
- Not sure about English. Still need to write both a creative and Romulus my Father paper.
. Doing that straight away tomm.

Sleeping now. Later.

Zokunu

HSC
10/03/2014

- Finished all the questions/exercises related to Half Yearlies. Trig, exponential and logs. Might do them again, since there are actually some challenging questions which i only sort of understand.
- Did 1 or 2 ( I forgot) PP's on Math only on the questions for Half - Yearlies.
- Did 1 and a half (since I only did the multiple choice last time) of PP's on Physics only on Space and MAG. Read a bit of Space notes as well.
- Wrote half - way for creative for English. Nearly done i think....
- Sent drafts and waiting feedback for Module A. This is due this week, and the teacher was like I will send you the feedback by Friday/Saturday night. I still haven't received them...and it's due this week. Hopefully getting it tomm.

Sleeping. Laterz

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
How often do you gym? I try to go in the morning and when i see 6am i just say oh fuck my life and just end up sleeping 2 more hours :L
and maybe its just me but you should do more past papers instead of reading over your notes so much, doing long responses consolidates your knowledge anyway and its good practice and increases your question bank for the test.

Zokunu

HSC
How often do you gym? I try to go in the morning and when i see 6am i just say oh fuck my life and just end up sleeping 2 more hours :L
and maybe its just me but you should do more past papers instead of reading over your notes so much, doing long responses consolidates your knowledge anyway and its good practice and increases your question bank for the test.
Weekends. Not in the weekdays cuz I'm sorta busy. I sorta wanted to wake up at 5 - 6 too and gym early buttt it's impossible. I can't wake up.
Thanks for the tip.

11/03/2014

- 21 days till Half Yearlies. Not sure if i'm behind or not.
- Tutoring for English 1 1/2 hours.
- Finished creative for English. Kinda rushed the last bit tho, spent all day doing it...so tired now. Need feedback's asap.

Sleeping. Later.

Zokunu

HSC
11/03/2014

- Read "Space" notes during free period.
- Slept for 2 hours after school. So tired since I slept late yesterday ~ recover.
- Basically just all physics today. Borrowed Macquarie Physics Revision and answered questions in both Space and MAG. Reading notes as well while doing it.
- Kinda need help with Module A essay (Due Fri). Teacher was like you need to fix up your sentence structure . If any of you can help me out (pinpoint/feedback) that would be great. I will send through PM.

TY. Gonna continue doing Physics questions/reading. Later.

Zokunu

HSC
12/03/2014

- Spent most of the spare time reading notes.
- Math Tutoring for 2 and a half hours. .
- Recieved teachers feedback today for Module A. Because of the sentence structure and the fact how the analysis is too dense (needs more paragraphing) . It's a legit Band 3 from him. But the others from tutor and strawberrye are all band 6. Essay is extended till Monday. I'm not sure if i should be working on it now or sleep. I can barely focus at night. Hopefully, will wake up tomm at 4, breakfast and continue duh sh1t. 10 drafts man, i'm not giving up.

Later.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)