The Zokunu Chronicles: My HSC, and how I progress (1 Viewer)

Zokunu

HSC
13/03/2014

- Spent most of the day working through English Essay Module A. Since tomorrow is the last day to send drafts. It really needs work...
- Did some questions on Math Tutoring Homework for Trig. Half way finished.

Later.

Zokunu

HSC
14/03/2014

- Didn't do much. Spent half of the day after school playing Basketball with mates. 17 days till Half - Yearlies. Not sure if I'm fcked.
- Once again, worked through English Essay Module A. I need to see someone tommorow up in the library for feedback. Will be definitely printing Bio notes/reading them in the library.
- Gotta spend more time on Math starting from tomm.

Zokunu

HSC
wow. i marvel at your dedication to english :) good luck for your studies!
Thanks man.

15/03/2014

- Library : Printed Bio notes. I was gonna read them, but she came so i had to save/read it for later. Sat for like 1 1/2 hours getting feedback from her for English Module A. . Teachers wanted us to structure the paper like this:

Intro
Conceptual paragraph with EBB and TGG.
EBB Here with legit intense analysis.
TGG here
TGG
TGG
Conclusion.

I have never seen this structure in my life....but i guess we had to follow it.

- Touched a lot on Math PP question for Trig/Logs/Exponential.
- Really wanted to finish the last paragraph and send it to the teacher for feedback. But since it's like 12:05 right now, he obviously won't read it. Hopefully I will finish it really early tomm, and do something else (phy,chem,bio).

Later. Sleeping.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks man.

15/03/2014

- Library : Printed Bio notes. I was gonna read them, but she came so i had to save/read it for later. Sat for like 1 1/2 hours getting feedback from her for English Module A. . Teachers wanted us to structure the paper like this:

Intro
Conceptual paragraph with EBB and TGG.
EBB Here with legit intense analysis.
TGG here
TGG
TGG
Conclusion.

I have never seen this structure in my life....but i guess we had to follow it.

- Touched a lot on Math PP question for Trig/Logs/Exponential.
- Really wanted to finish the last paragraph and send it to the teacher for feedback. But since it's like 12:05 right now, he obviously won't read it. Hopefully I will finish it really early tomm, and do something else (phy,chem,bio).

Later. Sleeping.
That is a really weird essay structure...

Zokunu

HSC
That is a really weird essay structure...
ikr.

14 days till Half-Yearlies.

- Editing/Refining English Module A essay for the last time. Handing it in tomm - It's so depressing reading the essay over and over again. Ever since i finished fixing the feedback's i got, I don't know what to fix anymore. I just kept reading and at the end, i wasted my time, not typing anything.

- Did some questions on Math through PP's. . - I'm not sure if i should be doing this. I legit done the same thing last term, crushing those PP's, almost everyday and at the end, all i get is a 50%. Idk..i think it's probably because of me writing down the entire question itself and wasting time.

- Answered questions in Jacaranda Chemistry. - I also seemed to be wasting a bit of time here. I was going to legit answer every single question there. Had like...too much expectations. It's impossible to finish the entire thing in 14 days. Should have either done the questions (calculations) which is important or just crush those PP's instead...and reading notes.

- I noticed the way i study gets worse everyday. I could feel a bit of stress and tiredness but i still push myself and study. And at the end, i don't get anything out of it (not all) and forget everything the next day. Fck, i don't want to get those 50 - 70% again, like last year.

That's it for today. Sleeping. Later.

Zokunu

HSC
18/03/2014

13 DAYS LEFT.

- Studying chem notes, and looking/doing multiple choice questions from Acidic Environment.
- Tutoring for English. 1 1/2 hrs. Might have to move tutors.
- Math PP's only on Trig/Expo/Logs. Legit did a lot...
- Handed in Module A essay. I would cry if i hand a band 6. Band 5 will be alright. If I get a Band 4...meh . I gave it my all. Altogether it's 12 drafts now. Should have given the essay to my teacher much more earlier...

Sleeping. Later.

Last edited:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't lose hope-I think under normal HSC marking standards- your essay at the minimum was worth a high band 5-I guess you were disadvantaged by not realising the particular essay structure your teacher desires, but you have a very strong essay-and your original balanced approach will definitely be the one favoured in the HSC....you have made some extraordinary persistence in English- don't burn out-if you can transfer these sort of persistence into all your other subjects and maintain this persistence-you will do very well in your HSC-some outstanding effort so far-and regardless of the outcome, you should be incredibly proud that you never gave up and you have given everything your absolute best effort:)-don't be too harsh upon yourself:)-take care:)

Zokunu

HSC
Don't lose hope-I think under normal HSC marking standards- your essay at the minimum was worth a high band 5-I guess you were disadvantaged by not realising the particular essay structure your teacher desires, but you have a very strong essay-and your original balanced approach will definitely be the one favoured in the HSC....you have made some extraordinary persistence in English- don't burn out-if you can transfer these sort of persistence into all your other subjects and maintain this persistence-you will do very well in your HSC-some outstanding effort so far-and regardless of the outcome, you should be incredibly proud that you never gave up and you have given everything your absolute best effort:)-don't be too harsh upon yourself:)-take care:)
Dayyuumm, thank you so much strawberrye.

18/03/2014

- Did some questions for Math - Homework on Trig.
- Studied the Physics notes.
- Editing/Refining Creative for Half Yearlies.
- Placed duh notes for Bio in the Folder with sleeves. Reading it tomm in Bio. Adding notes on the sides if i had to.

Lets crush this Half - Yearlies. Later.

Zokunu

HSC
19/03/2014

- Math tutoring for 2 hours.
- Editing/Refining English Creative.
- Studied Biology notes on the wait for the bus. - Blueprint of Life.
- Studied Chemistry notes. - "Tiltration Experiment".

That's it. Later.

Zokunu

HSC
20/03/2014

Pretty much same thing as yesterday.

- Answered random/hard questions related to Half Yearlies for Math on Cambridge.
- Studied Biology notes, add a bit of stuff on the sides of the paper in class.
- Studied Chemistry notes.
- Did one past paper for Chemistry.

10 days left... and week 1 is already intense with:

English
Biology
Math
Chemistry

All done separately

Week 2:
Biology PRAC
Physics PRAC
Physics.

Not sure if i should be stressed. I had to take breaks and sleep. Pretty much did everything i could. . On Monday I have a Table Tennis game with Chester Hill HS. (travelling there) and a basketball game at Lunch (Finals). I might do an all nighter and sleep properly before the day of exams...idk.

That's it , Later.

Last edited:

Zokunu

HSC
21/03/2014

- Did a random test for Bio which our teacher gave us. TBH, it was quite hard....
- Did 1 past paper again for Chemistry. Didn't do the last question about Molar Heat of Combustion. I will go through it tomm.
- Finished EA Creative for Half - Yearlies. All I need now is some intense feedback from people/tutors/teachers. Gonna prepare arguments/quotes/intro/topic sentences/conclusion for Romulus My Father. I choose not to memories the essay since that is gonna be too much things to remember. And because Biology is next, memorising the creative would be the best choice. (i think, correct me if i'm wrong).

Later.

Zokunu

HSC
22/03/2014

- Finished Math HW for tutoring. Logarithms.
- Did some questions on Logs/Trig/Exponential in Cambridge textbook.
- Did 1 past paper for Biology/Reading notes. Not doing Bio PP's anymore. Reading notes from now on. 1 week left.
- Editing Creative for EA.

Peace.

Zokunu

HSC
23/03/2014.

- Was gonna spend half the day chilling at mates house in Carramar. But I didn't. My parents were like watch out for yourself in Carramar, it's worst then cabra. It's has full of those gangs/homeless people/drug dealers and sh1t. It's not safe. Alright then....
- Editing/Refining EA Creative
- Read a lot of Biology notes.
- Reading a lot of Chemistry notes + learned the IUPAC thing for ESTERS.
- Did some questions for Math. PP's.

Sleeping for 2 games tommorow...fck. Basketball and Table Tennis in Chester Hill. Later cuteheads.

Zokunu

HSC
24/03/2014

7 days left. Holy fck. Dis stress man.

- Spent most of the time reading Biology notes. In class especially since most of us bludge. Read for like the entire 2 periods of Bio. I don't get it, some jig classes/bludge for the entire period/dont come to school and they still get good marks....How?

- Tutoring for English Advanced. For like 1 and a half hours.

- Received feedback for EA creative, fixing it quickly tommorow. And spend the spare time studying other sh1t.

- Spent the night making PARAGRAPHS for Romulus My Father essay. Gonna make like 8 paragraphs (hopefully). Basically, I sit the exam, read the question, and try to answer the question by the best suited paragraphs I've made for that question...if that makes sense. I don't know what I;m saying now....so tired.

Sleeping. Later.

Zokunu

HSC
25/03/2014

The dedication to english man....It's pretty much 70% English and 30% Math. When it should be the other way around...

- Did some questions on Volumes of Logs and Trig since it's my weakest. Math.
- Editing/Refining EA creative.
- Read a lot of Biology notes as well.

TBH, I really shoulda worked more. I slept after school for like 30mins, when I could have done something else. I have like an important Basketball Game (Finals). So i have to sleep. Like right now.

Later.

Zokunu

HSC
Update: Screw it, studied Chemistry for the last 1 hour. Looked at the lead acid cell and vanadium redox cell because apparently, it's really important. . That's what the teacher said. I guess i will take that as a tip. Their are also those equations for those acid cells for anode and cathode. Like PB + SO4 ^2- -> PbSO4 + 2e -. I'm not sure if im supposed to remember that. Anyways:

Sleeping.

Zokunu

HSC
27/03/2014

- Math Tutoring for 2 hours. No more next week cuz of HY's.
- Studied Biology Notes/Editing them. # Writingduhsh1tonthesidesbecauseIhavenospaceleft.
- Answered calculation questions for Chemistry.
- Got a lot of resources from mates. Beautiful.
- This thing from enoilgram that I've just read . Mates > School, is so true. Mates = More Resources. More resources = More detailed notes/More help. More detailed notes/More help = WIN. I don't know what I'm saying TBH.
- I'm actually legit a bit concerned right now. Does the ranking system for school assessment 1st,2nd,3rd take effect AFTER the trials or before the trials?. Can someone tell me. Thank you.

Sleeping.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
27/03/2014

- Math Tutoring for 2 hours. No more next week cuz of HY's.
- Studied Biology Notes/Editing them. # Writingduhsh1tonthesidesbecauseIhavenospaceleft.
- Answered calculation questions for Chemistry.
- Got a lot of resources from mates. Beautiful.
- This thing from enoilgram that I've just read . Mates > School, is so true. Mates = More Resources. More resources = More detailed notes/More help. More detailed notes/More help = WIN. I don't know what I'm saying TBH.
- I'm actually legit a bit concerned right now. Does the ranking system for school assessment 1st,2nd,3rd take effect AFTER the trials or before the trials?. Can someone tell me. Thank you.

Sleeping.
Ranking system within school is in effect right after your first assessment task, however, only your cumulative internal rank will affect your ATAR, so aim for the best internal rank at the end of the year, usually the final internal rank you receive is after the trials, but it depends on whether your school has any other assessments after the trial.

Zokunu

HSC
Ranking system within school is in effect right after your first assessment task, however, only your cumulative internal rank will affect your ATAR, so aim for the best internal rank at the end of the year, usually the final internal rank you receive is after the trials, but it depends on whether your school has any other assessments after the trial.
Thanks strawberrye.

- Read Biology notes again. Writing a bit of stuff on the sides.
- Did some questions for Math for HF's.
- Editing/Refining EA essay/creative.
- Sorta helped out mates with their notes for Chem. They haven't even started Acidic Environment notes. Why not just read someone else's then?

Later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)