The Zokunu Chronicles: My HSC, and how I progress (1 Viewer)

Zokunu

HSC
Alright how do I start...Herro.

12 days till trials and their is so much emotions flowing around. A lot of sacrifices, pain and time wasted. Tbh my parents sacrificed a lot of things, normally at night we would sit down as a family and watch hong kong drama or somethin, but now they are got up and slept early because they know it's an "important" time. We kept on going out for a family dinner (which we don't usually do) in order to cheer us up for the exam. They also replaced like a legit brand new table for us to get comfortable and study properly. My sister also out of nowhere came up to me "Please don't fail...". .... I also spent a lot less time with my dog and everyday since now, she just ignores and walks away. Often my friends would ask me to go out and play basketball or for a KOREAN BBQ, but I rejected that ...3 times during the holidays. My family also asked if i wanted to go out and watch a movie or somesh1t, I was gonna reject that too and do PP's over the night, but my sister was like "Just go man, i swear you legit need to take a break"...and so i went and sorta watched Transfomers Age of EXTIN. I had to like sacrifice a lot of things, and I'm not sure if it's even worth it because the way I'm studying is definitely INEFFICIENT.

For example when doing PP's, I would often be like: 1 multiple, look at the answer. 1 multiple, look at the answer and keep on going. And if I get stuck or don't understand something I would have to like stop their and research it until I understand it deeply THEN continue the PP. Ah, not sure if this is effective. My friend and family would often be like "You study SO MUCH, why aren't you getting the marks?" or this one guy was like "If i studied as hard as you, I would've became a doctor right now" .Tbh, i don't know even know how to respond to this. This is definately true but, i mean like today I came to school walking and reading Chem notes.... I keep asking what's working, whats not and even searched (alot) of those "studying effectively" stuff on web or youtube annnddd it doesn't seem to be working out.

PAST FEW DAYS

- Reading notes from the sciences and doing PP's from all topics...inefficiently i think...
- Essays which is taking a lot time. Our English teacher doesn't seem to care anymore. We handed him either 1 or 2 DRAFTS, and he would tell us oh "Oh i will check it tomm" or "Oh I forgot". And even if he did he would comment on stuff like check grammar, or just 2 words like Senecan influence, fix structure and that's it....

Mah brain is falling asleep, just gonna double check on duh Biology assignment and hand it in tomm.

Bye.

Attachments

Last edited:

Zokunu

HSC
16/07/2014

- Tutor after school. Math.

- Finished English Module C assessment, which is supposed to be handed in AFTER trials . We can either do it on the last day before trials and end it without thinking about it or hand it in the week after trials...wtf we are falling behind. Gonna print this tomorrow and get double feedback from tutor and teacher. EDIT: Nevermind, gonna have to edit this in the train on the way to westmead...something doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey Zonkunu,
Remember not to give up:) Use the fact that your family and yourself have made sacrifices to motivate you to keep going and continuing studying hard:). You can do it:)-You just got to relax a bit (reduce any pressures you are putting on yourself) and just do the best that you can in your trials (because that's all anyone can ask of you). One last thing-don't compare with others and always compare with yourself:) Keep up the good work:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)