Theatre Company For Promotion (1 Viewer)

cjporter97

HSC
Hi,
I'm full swing into my promotion design, but I really need to finalise a theatre company.
I really like my design, but it doesn't fit with any of the major theatre companies style.
So, I was thinking of making up my own.
-Could I lose marks for this?
-Do I just use fellow students as the actors and make fake profiles?
-Are there any other disadvantages to making your own?
Thanks for any help :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I would be using an existing company. As a graphic designer and marketer, it is essential that you follow the house style; and this needs to be reflected in your HSC project. That's part of the challenge of the job. I don't know how that reflects on the actual marking guide, but I would say you're doing yourself a disservice not to go with a professional company.

Belvoir hosts a ton of resources on their website:

http://belvoir.com.au/education/resources/

So you can lift actor bios from there.

I'm not sure if you're limited to certain companies, but it may be worth checking out some of the regional companies. Hothouse have a really nice season design this year:

http://www.hothousetheatre.com.au/?page_id=73

cjporter97

HSC
Ok, Thanks. I have been looking, and I have found some that have a looser style that I may be able to follow.
I just really like my idea so much, and so do my teachers and peers. I don't want it to be compromised by following certain guidelines (yet I undersatnd the importance of these guidelines).

Also, I'm thinking of going into design and marketing!!! :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Ok, Thanks. I have been looking, and I have found some that have a looser style that I may be able to follow.
I just really like my idea so much, and so do my teachers and peers. I don't want it to be compromised by following certain guidelines (yet I undersatnd the importance of these guidelines).

Also, I'm thinking of going into design and marketing!!! :)
As someone working in this industry, that compromise happens every single day and unfortunately, complete creative freedom just doesn't exist.

The bigger the company the stricter the style guide. Definitely check out smaller companies if you're after looser structure.

cjporter97

HSC
As someone working in this industry, that compromise happens every single day and unfortunately, complete creative freedom just doesn't exist.

The bigger the company the stricter the style guide. Definitely check out smaller companies if you're after looser structure.
Thanks for your help!!! It's really good have some concrete industry knowledge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)