They are coming (1 Viewer)

Ethicks

HSC
Final exams are looming so it's only fitting to ask the question How do you prepare?

I have exams on the 10th, 11th and 17th I prepare by reading over my lecture notes and doing past papers if they are available then going through anything I don't understand fully. I tend to find if you get given previous exam papers the exam you are about to do will be very very similar maybe the same questions asked differently when you think about it lecturers aren't going to sit down each year and write new questions from scratch.

Happy stressing!

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Do tutorial questions and look at what was covered in terms of content.

Past papers (especially sample papers for this) don't necessarily mean they will exactly represent your final exam. You should ask your course convener or lecturer in charge whether they are a good indicator of difficulty first.

In saying this, the final exam could differ based of feedback from previous semesters/years and also by the fact that completely different people could be making the exam this semester/year.

Just be cautious. Make sure you understand the basics and can do all sorts of easy to medium difficulty questions (especially for engineering and science), then look onto trying to complete some of the really hard questions that you can encounter from the prescribed materials (textbook, lectures, tutorials, labs, etc) and see how you go with that. You can get good marks if you can do all that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)