they're removing area of study!! (1 Viewer)

cookie_dough

HSC
N/A
http://www.smh.com.au/national/education/hsc-2015-board-of-studies-to-drop-most-unpopular-component-of-the-hsc-20151019-gkcvvp.html

"For more than a decade teachers moulded texts to suit the area of study, dominating the teaching of English throughout the HSC year.
It is understood that consistently negative feedback on the module from parents, students and teachers has forced the hand of the board.

As the only mandatory subject in the HSC, English has historically been the least well-liked of the state's more than 100 examinable courses, particularly for those who feel they have been forced to do the subject. Under the proposal, students would instead be able to focus on a specific person, idea or event through texts or how language is used to portray the natural environment and landscapes."

i wish they had done this earlier, anyone who doesnt have to do the AOS is SO LUCKY. Thoughts?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
no set date yet, but according to the article possibly 2018er's onwards wont have to do it
Nooooooooooooo, what are they going to use in lieu of the Area of study?

So many syllabus changes are already planned

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
more importantly 3u chem phys by 2017?
gee thats fast

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Oh yeah, when are they going to integrate statistics in the 3U and 4U syllabus?

leehuan

HSC
Oh yeah, when are they going to integrate statistics in the 3U and 4U syllabus?
This was hypothesised to be in 2018.

But let's see if it will actually happen.

Also, 2U is also getting very elementary statistics I believe.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
This was hypothesised to be in 2018.

But let's see if it will actually happen.

Also, 2U is also getting very elementary statistics I believe.
What do you mean by 2U is getting very elementary statistics?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
From my more than 25 years experience of syllabus development in NSW the one thing I can say is that what appears in the 'briefs' rarely appears in that form in the final syllabus - the general ideas yes but the details no.

Until there is an actual new syllabus in effect there is nothing definitely set in stone. It is the normal practice now for a syllabus to be published and in schools for at least a year before implementation - to allow schools the time to plan, program, organise resources etc.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
From my more than 25 years experience of syllabus development in NSW the one thing I can say is that what appears in the 'briefs' rarely appears in that form in the final syllabus - the general ideas yes but the details no.

Until there is an actual new syllabus in effect there is nothing definitely set in stone. It is the normal practice now for a syllabus to be published and in schools for at least a year before implementation - to allow schools the time to plan, program, organise resources etc.
What are the going to put in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)