Things that annoy you. (2 Viewers)

HSC
Uni Grad
I have wanted to be a teacher since uhh forever.

My mum is a doctor, and I swear if I hear one more "YOURE SUPPOSED TO OUT-DO YOUR PARENTS!" I'll scream. She's a doctor, boohoo, there goes 80,000 to tax every year, there goes long nights/hard shifts/only 4 weeks leave. I'll stick to the 8ish (if that) hours a day, and 3 month holidays.
Yeh, and even marking and preparing lessons (as tedious as that would be) and stuff would be so much more relaxing/easier that doctoring.

Though (as said by a lecturer) "some days you will just want to kill the kids, however these are few and far between", hopefully this proves true (the few and far between bit) xD.

EDIT: 4 weeks leave, dayum...

xmangx

HSC
N/A
high school teacher ftw if u wanna be a teacher, imo.

Just be lazy do nothing or give out overheads copied from hsc online xD

primary u have to teach.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
LoL but in high school you gotta explain harder concepts, and kids are more douchey, going through their rebellious teen phase.

Yo1anda

HSC

primary u have to teach.
psssht no way in hell

I actually want to ~make a difference~
would love to go back to the school I went to
& be a decent teacher
all our teachers sucked and blew

HSC
Uni Grad
LoL but in high school you gotta explain harder concepts, and kids are more douchey, going through their rebellious teen phase.
Hmm, 11 and 12 would be good cos they have actually chosen to both be at school and be in the class you are teaching (except english).

HSC
Uni Grad

primary u have to teach.
While there are plenty of High School teachers like this, I would feel so yucky to do that to students.

I'd have to do quality teaching stuff and makes lessons enjoyable etc (much harder for high school students though) or I'd feel like a massive failure.

Yo1anda

HSC
I guess it's ok if da hawt ones sucked and blew.
no the hot teachers were actually pretty good (but then again they taught PDHPE so its not like it was hard or anything)

my english teacher, for year 12, made us stand behind our desks when we came in and say GOOOD MORNING MISSSSSSS BROOOOOOOWN and she'd reply GOOOD MORRRRRRRRNIIIIIIIIIING YEEEEEAR 12

it was so fucking humiliating

brb traumatised

HSC
Uni Grad
no the hot teachers were actually pretty good (but then again they taught PDHPE so its not like it was hard or anything)

my english teacher, for year 12, made us stand behind our desks when we came in and say GOOOD MORNING MISSSSSSS BROOOOOOOWN and she'd reply GOOOD MORRRRRRRRNIIIIIIIIIING YEEEEEAR 12

it was so fucking humiliating

brb traumatised
hahahah, oh my dear lawd.

My year 6 teacher made us stop doing the slow one and start speaking like humans "Good morning misses Hawkins and how are you today?"

And then year 7 and onwards it was just a nod when we came in or a 'hey', 'sup', 'what's crackin' or nothing at all....

xmangx

HSC
N/A
While there are plenty of High School teachers like this, I would feel so yucky to do that to students.

I'd have to do quality teaching stuff and makes lessons enjoyable etc (much harder for high school students though) or I'd feel like a massive failure.
yeh I know what you mean. I've had a feeling similar, that If i were in the shoes of my teacher I would actually teach properly instead of do nothing, but i'd rather not stay in school all my life (personal preference here).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)