things to bring to college this year (1 Viewer)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
GoodSirLancelot said:
Nah, animal and vet bioscience at USyd.
hmmmm that course looks like it has the potential to be another "lead to" course that never actually gets you anywhere - like med science to med (how many ppl who try to transfer actually get into med?) and what exactly do you do with animal and vet bioscience if you don't get into vet?? (there's the ever popular research answer - but there aren't that many research jobs around)

adhara

HSC
This is a great list. :) I have spent ages trying to find something like this.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Bring twenty-cent pieces. LOTS OF THEM. The dryers (at least the ones at Duval, can't speak for other colleges) run at 20c per five minutes and during winter you're going to be needing them because even on the occasional sunny day, your clothes will not dry if on a clothesline. As ballerinabarbie said, an airer is useful, but it does take up a fair bit of room. Speaking from experience as fresher rooms are genrally smaller than others (mine was the smallest inhabited one in college ...), you're probably going to want some space.

Also on that issue, there's another trick you can do with your wardrobe. The doors usually have hooks on the inside, so grab a length of dowel and drill a hole through each end. Loop a piece of string through each one and tie them in a tight knot (I recommend a reef knot, if you know it) and hang it from each hook and you've just made yourself an impromptu clothes line for your room (useful if you can't get to the driers). Also useful during warmer times if you're short on change and don't want your boxer shorts on view for the world to see.

Rinni

HSC
1st post was great. Quick question...Does any1 use those tape recorder things to record their lectures?? I've heard thats a good idea but I wanted to know if any1 actually did that..

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I'm not sure if this one has come up, but since the beds are only single-sized (I've been into all but Robb and St. Albert's, so I know this for sure), you might want to look into a bed extender. It's basically a piece of foam as long as your matress and as deep that gives you a few extra centimetres (maybe ten) of space. Might not sound like much, but the sheets are certainly larger than the beds themselves. Your best bet is to stay in college for a term and get the measurements (I don't use one as I don't like them) or buy one off a returner (but you'd probably have to wait until the end of semester at the very least).
Rinni said:
1st post was great. Quick question...Does any1 use those tape recorder things to record their lectures?? I've heard thats a good idea but I wanted to know if any1 actually did that..
Not really worth it. The university is starting to get the equipment to make podcasts; all my ECON102 lectures for Term 4 were available to download. You could take one as not all faculites have the capacity to do it (ie one one of my four subjects were available to download), but bear in mind that you'll need to sit up close to the lecturer as the lecture halls in Arts, EBL and Edu/Nursing are all quite large and most first-year lectures are held there as class sizes are somewher ein the neighbourhood of 200-250 people.

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
machine169 said:
i bed extension is useful if you you have bf/gf
Or if you move around a lot while asleep. Or if you have a history of falling out of bed (like me). There's a dozen good reasons for one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)