Third Major for Bcomm (1 Viewer)

sarevok

HSC
I heard that you can do a third major for Bcomm but you need permission from the faculty. Is this true?

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
Dunno... but u can check the Econ and Business handbook or send the Econ and Business faculty an e-mail

schmackers

HSC
N/A
Yeah I would like to know too- can anyone help us out with this? (I emailed usyd awhile ago about something else and i'm yet to receive a reply, so yeah.. don't really trust the emailing method)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yes it is true... however to do 3 majors, ur tt will need to be quite packed... considering that one major = a semester of study, u prolly need to accelerate or prologn ur degree...

this is particular the case for sci, but for comm it might be better...

sif not 99

you can only really do a double major and only two majors will be recognised on your testamur. You can do enough units to add up to three majors though.

aditya

HSC
oh realli, so how do u prove to an employer that uve accumilated 3 majors?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
sif not 99 said:
you can only really do a double major and only two majors will be recognised on your testamur. You can do enough units to add up to three majors though.
hm dubious abt that... tho still currently unsure... will find out more, but instinct tells me that all teh majors u ahve completed should be on ur degree....

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i thought the same......all majors u do shud be on ur degree :uhhuh:

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Yes you can triple major, but in reality you're unlikely to have enough credit points to be able to satisfy the requirements for each individual major.
The Faculty is unlikely to let you go over the 144 credit points in the degree to get a triple major, so its unlikely you'll get an exemption from the 144 credit point rule.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
i doubt you can squeeze it into a commerce degree. a lot of subjects can only count towards one major

i'm doing commerce (liberal studies) and the uac book says i can fit in 3 majors in the degree but that's only because i didn't have to do the compulsory 1st yr commerce units and it's a 4 year degree

aditya

HSC
but the thing is, alot of the subjects overlap, for example if u were oding econometrics and economics as ur 2nd and third majors a few subjects would overlap, so would that still allow for that extra major to be counted???

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
i recall reading in the handbook that some senior units can only count towards one major.. it's probably best to double check

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
no ressul... for one degree, u can complete up to 2 majors or 1 major and 2 minors depending on the subjects u choose...

u can choose in the list which ever one u watn to major in, then study the courses u need...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
sorry to resurrect the thread: but can you do a third major for bcom (liberal studies) i.e. will it show up on your final testament as its a 4 year degree.
Furthermore, what if one is a double major and the other 2 are majors?

aditya

HSC
look, u do 48 credit points a yr right? so 48 x 4 = 192CP..... plus if u go for non-award units (which is u pay full fee, it gets written on ur transcript but u cant count it towards ur majors) then u can go over 192...

so if u add it up, u can do aprox 4 majors with liberal studies, plus or minus a subject or two

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Yeah im gonna triple major in accounting, political economy and government and international relations. One subject per semester for each.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
absolution* said:
Yeah im gonna triple major in accounting, political economy and government and international relations. One subject per semester for each.
Why pick those three?
If I was doing B.Comm (Liberal Studies) I'd choose Accounting, Finance and Econometrics.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Soma said:
Why pick those three?
If I was doing B.Comm (Liberal Studies) I'd choose Accounting, Finance and Econometrics.
The prospect of being bored to death tends not to resonate well with my intellectual yearnings. Id much prefer to take subjects im actually interested in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)