This doesn't seem right (1 Viewer)

Brie-is-Me

HSC
Today I got back the marks for one of my subjects. I got 0/15 for the extended response because I used the same case study in it that I did somewhere else in the paper. I have done this plenty of other times in other subjects and it has never been a problem. Seems really weird to me. Is this right? Should I have received zero? In this subject for all our other exams and assessments I have gotten a minimum of 86% and now for this I got 45%. I'm really really really really annoyed about it.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Brie-is-Me said:
Today I got back the marks for one of my subjects. I got 0/15 for the extended response because I used the same case study in it that I did somewhere else in the paper. I have done this plenty of other times in other subjects and it has never been a problem. Seems really weird to me. Is this right? Should I have received zero? In this subject for all our other exams and assessments I have gotten a minimum of 86% and now for this I got 45%. I'm really really really really annoyed about it.
Well there's got to be more to your situation, as your teacher won't give you a 0 for using the same case study(for what subject btw?) twice in an exam.

Last edited:

Brie-is-Me

HSC
Textiles. And Honestly, that's what she said when I asked her. You can't use the same case study in a short answer question and in the extended response. And she said the same thing would happen if I did it in the HSC.

Optophobia

HSC
Unless it says it in the exam questions specifically, take it up with the subject co-ordinator.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
I'm not sure how the marking of Textiles operates but I'm assuming it'll be the same as for most other subjects where each group of markers will be assigned to a particular question and will ONLY mark that one question for all HSC Candidates doing the course.

This therefore means that the marker that marks question 21 for example will not be the same one who marks question 22. Get where I'm going with this? They won't know what you previously wrote or what you wrote elsewhere in the paper except for that one question. Thus, how on Earth will they deduct marks from you if markers have no idea what you wrote in the short answer part or the extended response part if its not the part they themselves are marking?! lol

yes, complain and complain strong!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
she still has to mark according to the marking criteria. NOT by judgemental marking. appeal the hell out of this one. i believe that you will get the marks that you deserve for this ! :) [ provided that u didn't plagiarised :p ]

Brie-is-Me

HSC
Definitely not plagiarised. All about ToughCotton. You guys have helped me a lot. I demand satisfaction! I have her class on Monday, and i'll ask again, and i don't get it there, i'll guess i'll have to go to the head teacher of this faculty who seems pretty fair and decent.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
if head teacher still doesn't let u geet marks for what you deserve, take it up wid teh principle ^^

Brie-is-Me

HSC
Good idea, she's my personal mentor so that works well. Thanks!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah you dont deserve to get 0 for it
have to really nail it down with her...if that doesn't work take it up to subject coordinator/principal

joesmith1975

In front on my computer not doing I should be doin
HSC
listen to this for ipt 1 bloke wrote his answers instead on the paper on blank papers and it was 40/100 marks and the teacher goes you got 0 for that section, he was so angry. Another 2 blockes done all the option questiona dn erceived marks for the first 2 sections which was the ones we hadnt done. They were angry.
They both when to principle and deputy and they gave them the marks after alot of bitching, but they go its a trail and dont do it in HSC

SL33pY

ceo of the banana factory
HSC
joesmith1975 said:
listen to this for ipt 1 bloke wrote his answers instead on the paper on blank papers and it was 40/100 marks and the teacher goes you got 0 for that section, he was so angry. Another 2 blockes done all the option questiona dn erceived marks for the first 2 sections which was the ones we hadnt done. They were angry.
They both when to principle and deputy and they gave them the marks after alot of bitching, but they go its a trail and dont do it in HSC

HAHA lol.. that is a really awsome story!!
ROFL

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
thats what they do in the hsc.

if u do all 4 option topics, they onli mark the first two option topics and then just move on. as if they'd wanna mark all 4 option topics.

xx__savannah

HSC
I thought they marked the ones your school has told them you studied? My IPT teacher told my class that after over half the class did all 4 options, but only the two we did in class were marked.

xx__savannah

HSC
Hm, I assumed that the exams were sorted into what electives were done when they sent them to each individual marker. I guess my teacher simplified it so it just made it sound like that, lol.

weewaarjg

HSC
Brie-is-Me said:

Please let us know how you got on with the appeal. You deserve the marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)