This ever happen to you? (1 Viewer)

Reckoner

HSC
So there's this girl on the train/train station.

I have a healthy life, and good friends and all. Been single for just under a year now b/c life has been busy with career/studies. But I've been going to Uni part time and working part time for the last 1-2 years or so, and I see "this girl" everyday on either the 7:40am train or the 7:21am train, especially on my work days.

I've been going for so long that I even know what she does - she's 21 ... been working for the last 6 months or so, but she plans to continue her studies in near future (teaching). She seems like someone I would definitely want to be friends with. We grew up around the same area/region.

Nonetheless, I have a feeling I may not see her again anytime soon, given the state of unemployment and all.

It would feel like a bummer, b/c I may never see her again.

... You just never know what "might" have happened if you did something ... as stupid as it seems. If it turns out bad ... well then, at least you know you gave it a shot ... "no regrets" and all ... you know?

Anyone have any advice? Am I being silly? ... I think I am ... She's obviously got me going in "stupid-mode" for a like a year or so now ... so it's not like it's a crush or anything ... or is it?

I don't want to come across as non-classy and desperate, b/c I'm not.

I have a good feeling that nothing will come of it, and I will just move along in life like nothing ever happened ... which is a shame. Fear of embarrasment and rejection will rule the day once again.

Anyone ever watch that Sandra Bullock movie; "While you were sleeping"?

Bummer.

There are people whom you see everyday that you would so love to get to know and be friends with in life ... but it's just hard to initiate anything without some mutual contact/network ...

Do these "train station encounters" ever happened to any of you?
Appreciate any female advice.

Thanks in advance, if at all.

Regards.

:mad1:

Last edited:

chamelia

HSC
If you attractive - sit next to her while waiting for the train and strike up casual convo.

If you are not attractive - do nothing. Leave the poor pretty girl alone.

Venom.

HSC
Sorry just read it. Major stalker dude.

Just freakin talk to her, instead of analysing her from every possible angle.

Reckoner

HSC
Sorry just read it. Major stalker dude.

Just freakin talk to her, instead of analysing her from every possible angle.

Yeah ... I think I might just piss off ...

I hate feeling like a stalker.

Thanks for the blunt advice.

I Needed it. Reality check.

She's not the hottest girl in the world, I know b/c all the males on the train don't check her out ... but I personally find her attractive.

"If you attractive - sit next to her while waiting for the train and strike up casual convo."

Wtf would I say to her anyways??

All's well that ends well. *shakes head* What's gotten into me ... ?

Cheers.
:headbang:

Last edited:

HalcyonSky

HSC
first of all, if she's obviously hot then dont compliment her on her looks by saying shes gorgeous, just approach her and say something like "my stops coming up soon so i wont bother you for long, but its been killing me for a while now and id kick myself if i didnt come up and say it - but you look really interesting" and follow it on with something else. Just say anything as long as it doesnt relate to what she does / how she is, it doesnt really matter what you say as long as its not boring small talk

How many guys have you seen approach her on the train? id bet none, so even she does brush you off you've still made her day.

that being said, i doubt you ever will approach her given the attractions been building for so long and youll be an absolute nervous wreck

plus you sound like a bit of a weird cunt

Reckoner

HSC
that being said, i doubt you ever will approach her given the attractions been building for so long and youll be an absolute nervous wreck

plus you sound like a bit of a weird cunt
Look... it's not hard for me to meet people.

But I feel it's probably below my standards to meet people in that way ... so was just tossing up whether I should dip down that low ... needed a reality check and got one.

Thank you.

Last edited:

HalcyonSky

HSC
Look... it's not hard for me to meet people.

But I feel it's probably below my standards to meet people in that way ... so was just tossing up whether I should dip down that low ... needed a reality check and got one.

Thank you.
below your standards to converse with somebody on a train?

sorry, what?

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Who says "Im healthy" when refering to themselves?

I didn't read after that.

Reckoner

HSC
below your standards to converse with somebody on a train?

sorry, what?

.... you should have started a conversation with her when you dropped your card...
Yeah. Don't you think so?
You don't usually talk to people you don't know when catching the train. It's just all quiet. And if you do have a convo in the train with someone you don't know it's obvious ...
You can sense it from a mile away if a guy is a stranger comes up and talks to a girl. That's not me ... introductions from mutual friends that you trust is me ...

What's the "third base"?

Last edited:

HalcyonSky

HSC
Yeah. Don't you think so?
You don't usually talk to people you don't know when catching the train. It's just all quiet. And if you do have a convo in the train with someone you don't know it's obvious ...
You can pick it up from a mile away if a guy is a stranger comes up and talks to a girl.

What's the "third base"?
i have no fucking idea what you're talking about

you're saying you're not going to go and talk to her because its too easy for you to pick up that way?

haha, okay dude

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC
i picked up this chick in the train....absolute random.....just sat next too her....figured she was first year.....started a convo....3rd base on the weekend.

not hard

Pace_T

HSC
while she can see you try to start a really short convo with someone around her, maybe another guy or something. then when you talk to her its not so obvious that youre a stalker and you like her, but rather she'll see you as just a nice talkative guy.

Guesss

HSC
Hey srsly if uv been checking her out 4 ages im sure shes noticed and she might even like u 2... maybe shes waiting 4 u 2 make the first move... give it a go! If all goes well... congratulations, if she rejects u... at least u can stop focusing on her and can start looking 4 new girls!:) :)

srsly theres heaps of other girls out there! keep ur eyes open!

Mantello

Banned
HSC

I have a healthy life, and good friends and all. Been single for just under a year now b/c life has been busy with career/studies. But I've been going to Uni part time and working part time for the last 1-2 years or so, and I see "this girl" everyday on either the 7:40am train or the 7:21am train, especially on my work days.

I've been going for so long that I even know what she does - she's 21 ... been working for the last 6 months or so, but she plans to continue her studies in near future (teaching). She seems like someone I would definitely want to be friends with. We grew up around the same area/region.

Nonetheless, I have a feeling I may not see her again anytime soon, given the state of unemployment and all.

... You just never know what "might" have happened if you did something ... as stupid as it seems. If it turns out bad ... well then, at least you know you gave it a shot ... "no regrets" and all ... you know?

Anyone have any advice? Am I being silly? ... I think I am ... She's obviously got me going in "stupid-mode" for a like a year or so now ... so it's not like it's a crush or anything ... or is it?

I have a good feeling that nothing will come of it, and I will just move along in life like nothing ever happened ... which is a shame. Fear of embarrasment and rejection will rule the day once again.

Bummer.

There are people whom you see everyday that you would so love to get to know and be friends with in life ... but it's just hard to initiate anything without some mutual contact/network ...

Regards.

The whole point of meeting new people and talking to them is by actually taking that 50/50 chance dude. If she isn't interested in you (friends wise), then you can't do anything about it. But if she responds well to some of the questions / stuff you talk about, then you just gained yourself a new buddy on the train, because once you speak to that girl that one day, every other day you see her on the train she will remember you as that guy that was either very nice, gentlemanlike, funny, good looking perhaps etc.

...and as that friendship grows along, you can then proceed to go out with her into the city, clubs, parties, coffee, even be there for her to talk to in some cases.

Just be really friendly dude.
You'll be fine :)

samthebear

HSC

Bummer.

Regards.

just talk to her - maybe train and bus rides would be less boring if more people started talking to each other just for the sake of getting to know someone nice.
From my perspective as a female, i think you should talk to her - you've been catching the same train for like 1 - 2 years and you've never said anything to her? I think you're a nice person and no, you wont come off as creepy if you started a conversation.

Plus, you're just projecting negativity. even if she doesnt end up being your girlfriend or whatever, at the very least you managed to get to know someone new and maybe even make a new friend.

Talk to her =]

Reckoner

HSC
just talk to her - maybe train and bus rides would be less boring if more people started talking to each other just for the sake of getting to know someone nice.
From my perspective as a female, i think you should talk to her - you've been catching the same train for like 1 - 2 years and you've never said anything to her? I think you're a nice person and no, you wont come off as creepy if you started a conversation.

Plus, you're just projecting negativity. even if she doesnt end up being your girlfriend or whatever, at the very least you managed to get to know someone new and maybe even make a new friend.

Talk to her =]
Thanks for your reply.

... yes I'm still reading.

What do I say but? Have you ever caught a train during peak hour?
It's usually all quiet, everyone's dozing off (or trying to at least) ... and ... you can hear everyone's conversations ... it's packed too ... that's how I figured out that she went to my friends uni ... and that she studies teaching and all ... people will sense it from a mile away that I probably have ulterior motives ... rather than just striking up a "casual convo" :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)