This is for you 50 Cent haters (1 Viewer)

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
i dont hate fiddy...i just dont like his music no more...he bugs me...

Oddy Nocki

HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
I go to a music university and feel that my criteria of what consitutes "good music" is severely fixed and educated.

Please expand on what your educated mind thinks is good.

robbie1

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
i have heard ALOT AND ALOT AND ALOT of his material.....i think he is at best a very average rapper. He has never had a classic in my opinion.

and 'you reckon nas is the greatest...nuff said'....what was said??? is that really enough said??? that gives him credibility that he thinks nas is the greatest because unlike 50 cent nas is a GREAT MC that just isn't as good he used to be. 50 cent is an AVERAGE MC that just isn't as good as he used to be (went from average to garbage).

See i have a bias though, i see a 50 and shady fanatic and i assume they are a mainstream bopper. I'm not yet convinced that you don't fall into that category, specially when you dismiss illmatics opinions because 'he thinks nas is the greatest.'

dude, have you even heard illmatic or it was written?
man, do you really think i care what 'category' you place me in....please....

also, i rekon jay z, 2pac, biggie, ice cube and eminem are all > nas.

eventually, 50 will also be > nas.

therefore, i dont see nas as even close to the greatest and hence dismiss illmatics opinions, and i especially dismiss his opinions because he called me a fag for no reason and because he is an idiot

Last edited:

robbie1

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Not 50 cent?
and how many songs have you heard?

interesting to see that no one except hhh has admitted to having heard more than the radio singles....your silence proves my point, thankyou

its like someone watching 5 mins of prison break, lost, OC, any show that you love and concluding that its garbage - they do not know the show well enough to judge

good night all

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
What do you reckon are 50's best songs?

Also, do you know where he got his name from? It puts it all into perspective. The music you listen to is more than the words they speak. You need to understand and know where they are coming from. He just seems to make himself out to be better than he actually is.

LOL @ your comment on Nas. :lol:

HSC
i know quite a lot of people into 50. of course, i have to cut back my vocab or else i'll confuse the poor things and since i am such a good citizen, i compliment them a lot. that's what you do to special kids. therefore, i nominate myself as young australian of the year.

the truth

HSC
the 50 cent debate?
personally i dont mind 50, but saying one rapper is better than another will never amount to nothin so guys keep the peace...
word of advice, if yah like 50 cent good on yah just dont try to convert others to his music, musics is a "personal" thing and if sum pplz dont wanna listen to someone u cant force em to listen and try to make them like them..........
thats all... IMO

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Oh and 50 only comes clost to Nas in 1 song.

It is the first track on The Lost Tapes.

phatchance

HSC
The best MCs in America are, in their categories in my opinion

Tonedeff - Technical skill
Immortal Technique - Political Message
KRS One - Voice/Charisma
Jay-Z - Commercial Appeal whilst maintaining ethics
Sage Francis - Wordplay/understanding of rhyme
Qwel - Punchlines

There are underground and aboveground MCs who are dope. 50 Cent is simply not dope, his hooks are catchy but he leans on his production, mixing and mastering to gain success. I put rappers against my own benchmark, 50 cent doesn't use multi-syllables, his flow is slow and even falls off beat a lot and if you've seen his movie he REALLY leans on being chopped up in the studio. Fuck that, it's not dope MC'ing, end of story. I have seen hundreds of rappers perform, and heard thousands of rappers music, and 50 cent doesn't rank in the top 80 percent of them, especially not amongst those who have actually had commercial or underground success.

My two favourite MC's on earth are probably Jehst (UK) and Pressure (AUS), I doubt you have even heard of these people.

Oddy Nocki

HSC
N/A
robbie1 said:
and how many songs have you heard?

interesting to see that no one except hhh has admitted to having heard more than the radio singles....your silence proves my point, thankyou
Heard most of his stuff. What I said still stands.

phatchance said:
My two favourite MC's on earth are probably Jehst (UK) and Pressure (AUS), I doubt you have even heard of these people.
I'm so underground that I'm under it. Fuck man, I listen to music that is so dope and underground that I get it from an undertaker who takes me to the underworld where I climb down a ladder and swing from a rope to a small cave which I climb inside and it is here I feel supieor not sad due the fact I can promote my ability to find music that noone heard of, cause if they had of I wouldn't have anything to be proud of.

HSC
Oddy Nocki said:
I'm so underground that I'm under it. Fuck man, I listen to music that is so dope and underground that I get it from an undertaker who takes me to the underworld where I climb down a ladder and swing from a rope to a small cave which I climb inside and it is here I feel supieor not sad due the fact I can promote my ability to find music that noone heard of, cause if they had of I wouldn't have anything to be proud of.
rofl. :rofl:

phatchance

HSC
Oddy Nocki said:
Heard most of his stuff. What I said still stands.

Jehst is one of the UK's top selling hip-hop artists, and one of Europes most famous MCs, he's internationally recognised, recieves T.V. and radio playtime throughout the UK and other areas of Europe, and gets fairly regular play on Australian radio. Multiple of his CD's are also available from JB HI-FI.

Pressure is one third of The Hilltop Hoods, Australias most recognised hip-hop group, their last album is about 5000 copies from going platinum, and their current album ranked #1 on the ARIA charts in its first week, leagues above artists from things like Australian Idol. They sold 8000+ copies in a single week, and have since gone gold, and this is only sales registered in store by those companies that have an affiliation with ARIA.

The comment was made to validate my position, that anyone who believes 50 cent is a dope rapper, is uneducated in terms of hip-hop music, and was further used to crumble the guys argument that anyone who doesn't like 50, simply hasn't 'scratched the surface'. On top of this, the other American artists I have mentioned, some of whom are multi-platinum, and others of whom have sold multiple hundreds of thousands of albums, we'ren't all underground at all. Your comment is a dickhead comment, without base and borne from stupidity.

I am underground, and very familiar with underground music, but you are also an underground head, in that your fucking ears are in the sand.

Owned.

robbie1

HSC
phatchance said:
Jehst is one of the UK's top selling hip-hop artists, and one of Europes most famous MCs, he's internationally recognised, recieves T.V. and radio playtime throughout the UK and other areas of Europe, and gets fairly regular play on Australian radio. Multiple of his CD's are also available from JB HI-FI.

Pressure is one third of The Hilltop Hoods, Australias most recognised hip-hop group, their last album is about 5000 copies from going platinum, and their current album ranked #1 on the ARIA charts in its first week, leagues above artists from things like Australian Idol. They sold 8000+ copies in a single week, and have since gone gold, and this is only sales registered in store by those companies that have an affiliation with ARIA.

The comment was made to validate my position, that anyone who believes 50 cent is a dope rapper, is uneducated in terms of hip-hop music, and was further used to crumble the guys argument that anyone who doesn't like 50, simply hasn't 'scratched the surface'. On top of this, the other American artists I have mentioned, some of whom are multi-platinum, and others of whom have sold multiple hundreds of thousands of albums, we'ren't all underground at all. Your comment is a dickhead comment, without base and borne from stupidity.

I am underground, and very familiar with underground music, but you are also an underground head, in that your fucking ears are in the sand.

Owned.
your mums owned

how many of these CDs have you heard?

power of the dollar
guess whos back
50 cent is the future
no mercy, no fear
get rich or die tryin
the massacre
get rich or die tryin (soundtrack)

robbie1

HSC
redruM said:
What do you reckon are 50's best songs?

Also, do you know where he got his name from? It puts it all into perspective. The music you listen to is more than the words they speak. You need to understand and know where they are coming from. He just seems to make himself out to be better than he actually is.

LOL @ your comment on Nas. :lol:
there are plenty

Ghetto Qu'ran and Many Men are a good start....i could list 20-30 at least

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
power of the dollar - average - his best album
guess whos back - average
50 cent is the future - entertaining but wouldn't call it hip hop
no mercy, no fear - heard half of it, what i heard didnt impress me at all
get rich or die trying - extremely average album, dependent on the beats
the massacre - garbage garbage garbage
get rich or die trying (soundtrack) - garbage garbage garbage

JoeMK

HSC
i respect 50 cent when it comes to his material before "Get rich or.." i heard ALL of it. I gotta admit i was a fan of his first few singles when they came out, but that was so becuz i didnt really know what hip hop was all about.
Once u start listening to the classic mc's, the legends and the underground u start to realise how shitty 50 really is

So u compared 50cent to nas.... Nas kills 50cent, no argument
bout that
u claim u heaRD illmatic, but i bet u didnt understand what nas was rappin about, u probably didnt notice his clever word play, u ddint notice the ways he switched his style, his metaphors and his deep poetry....

u wanna be fair, listen to Nas's complete catalogue (With lyric sheets, cuz u obviously need it) and then compare him to 50

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)