This is getting out of hand. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
Your the last person I want with power over the non-school board Lexicographer.
na he's a quite a good mod, i.e "the ghost of the japanese forum". :p

but heck, i love bagging him. :D

Originally posted by flyin'
Power is overrated.

Btw, Lexi, your Post Average is still rising, I see.
yeah, i think we should introduce the complex no. "i" into that function that rahul made up. :D

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Power loss is proportional to the current squared multiplied by resistance.

i.e. P = I^2R

Increase resistance (i.e.more people trying to resist banning) and increase current (highly abusive, high levels of profanity) will result in power loss. To reduce this, by cutting down the highly abusive spammers from saying racist slurs we can cut down the power loss due to lack of moderators.

WTF am i on? must be late night tension from upcoming double exam :(

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Btw, Lexi, your Post Average is still rising, I see.
Eh? I didn't notice. I think it's because in the month before becoming a mod I only had 10 per day, but since then it sort of jumped. My REAL per day count was in the last month about 30. It's kinda dropped again though since the HSC ended for me.
Originally posted by freaking_out
na he's a quite a good mod, i.e "the ghost of the japanese forum". :p

but heck, i love bagging him. :D
I'm no better than any of the others, and yes a lot of people like bagging me. Maybe I should "loosen up" though. :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
As for extra mods, I don't really think more mods will help. We just need to use the current ones more efficiently (ie mod them for the fora they frequent). ;)

This, of course, would make me a super mod. :D

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Actually, I only said more mods because I couldn't fit anytihng else to go together with the powerloss formula.

I say let the problem fix itself unless explicit scripts are used.

Or lock the NS forum.

Winston

HSC
For now guys, let all the examinations for Yr 12's and 10's and Uni students conclude, then we can sort plans out of how to actually maintain standard for the forums, Laz and Fat muscle and Tactic and the other admins are busy with studys but after it they will fix it.

You see to become a mod you really have to be quite erudite within the area of that forum, we can't just mod everyone, they might abuse their powers, me and Lexi and the other newer mods were under a period where we were monitored to see how we would suit for the mod position, and in return we did a pretty good job, i know that some users just take the moderating part fun and the power, well to be honest all the power we got is editing, deleting and merging a thread from our own assigned forum, it's no biggie, but you also have to perpetrate for your actions.

But for now people leave it at that, the admins will work something out after the exams.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Power is not only overrated, but has a tendency to go to people's heads.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Don't you mean the other admin? Timbk2? :D

Of course, I think most of his work is behind the scenes, he very rarely posts. And you forgot sticky, STICKY!

He's right though. Mod powers make you feel more like a janitor than anything, and the abuse you get for modding people is rather outrageous. Members like Ms 12 are probably the weakness that tell me if I had deleting power I would kill conversation. You need to have a high stupidity tolerance to be liked. :)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
But your Moding powers are rather limited. General forum is where the bulk of the posts appear, ie. where most of the posts need to be handled.

Of course, the ability to Ban supercedes most other Mod abilities.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Banning is like the golden handshake of moderators. And I doubt 2003 mods will be getting this anytime soon. Of course, I'm quite happy with my little niche, and don't really want to go near General. My inbox would electronically explode, and I'd be forced by my pedantic nature to check every damn new thread. No, Japanese is plenty. :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
In time, you young Moderators will be granted such power, so long as you're regular Mods. Nothing happens in the Jap Forum anyway, Latin is the Language forum, and I Mod that too. :p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
lol, i'm prolly an expert, coz i cop a lot of that stuff at my skool. :D
People know better than to piss me off ;)
In time, you young Moderators will be granted such power, so long as you're regular Mods. Nothing happens in the Jap Forum anyway, Latin is the Language forum, and I Mod that too. :p
Pfft we all know why Latin is the "Language forum". :p Anyway, there's a reason nothing happens in Japanese. :D

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
The UAI forum is overloaded.

I will start replying to every single thread from friday which is the day after my exams are over.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I haven't clicked into the UAI thread in months! It's not worth it really. :) People shouldn't be so scared about what they'll get, just do what you can and pray for a month, like me. :D

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
The UAI forum is overloaded.

I will start replying to every single thread from friday which is the day after my exams are over.
yeah, thats when the post amount for uai prediction is gonna increase as well. :D

edit: u betta get back soon, coz flyin' takin' advantage!!! :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
A whole month? That's a long time...

I have officially 7 days before my First Exam, and 14 days before my Last Exam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)