This is what I think to get 20/20 in multis you needed....... (1 Viewer)

PhiL

Q19) "Which of the following legal aspects of employment relations is designed to PROTECT an employee from being dismissd due to a physical disability?"
A. Unfair dismissal
B Anti-Discrimination
C EEO
D OH&S

It is asking which one PROTECTS an employee from being dismissed - it is not saying an employee HAS been dismissed so i think the answer is B-anti discrimination because this is under the Disability Discrimination Act (1984) which covers "physical, intellectual...disabilities"

cadsy48

yeah but you are also protected by unfair dismissal (reads above)...and since this question directly says dismissal in the question answering A is probably the more direct answer even though both are right

karnevil

HSC
this one's a doozy....

i put unfair dismissal
but maybe i was wrong

this governs whether i got 19 or 20, cause i got all the other ones right

can we call the hotline?

Last edited:

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
ummm.. i disagree, if your dismissed due to ur physical disability, that calssifies as unfair dismissal. ur still discriminated against but unfair dismissal is more correct

cadsy48

yeah but you are also protected by unfair dismissal (reads above)...and since this question directly says dismissal in the question answering A is probably the more direct answer even though both are right

juber

jhv,m
HSC
N/A
just to also point out that 12 is actually A

The reason why the net profit ration AND the gross profit ratio increases, is because COGS reduces. Now this has absolutely NOTHING to do with sales as if sales were to increases, the cogs would still remain the same as a proportion of sales (i.e. the ratio would stay the same). Expenses can also be shown to remain the same as the gradients are equal (i.e. the net profit increases only at the same rate as the gross profit = no change in net profit)...

Now i think that there are issues with the answer being A in that people naturally think of expenses as being something to do with net profit, howevor this i only realy refering to operational expenses. The question just says "expenses" and I believe that it is a fair call to say that COGS is an expense in context to the question.

My main reason for choosing A is that it cant be C as the graph tells you nothing about sales performance so its impossible to deduce that it has had increased sales performance. Remember that it is the RATIO so any increase in sales has no effect on the gross profit ratio I.e. cogs will increase proportionally to sales. The onyl way you could claim that sales had increased is that the business improved its net profit due to a reduction in costs due to increased economies of scale, howevor this is irrelevant as the business had no increase in economies of scale as it can be shown that operational expenses (note that is not total expenses) remained constant (as it has an equal gradient to gross profit ratio)

If someone can challenge what im saying id love to hear it, cos i just dont see how someone can claim that sales increased based entirely on the graph..

Cheers..

Last edited:

symo

HSC
i put unfair dismissal, but the few guys i talked to said they put anti discrimination, could go either way, both should be right. but its about being dismissed, the reason why dismissed, discrimination, if u were in that situation u would logdge an unfair dismissal claim using discrimination as ur reason.

also q17 what did u do, pluralist or unitary
im pretty sure i went unitary caus:
unitary: accepts occassional differences but management strategies + communications minimise conflict
pluralist" recognises role of unions + gov IR framwork, conflicting goals solved through ir system ie arbitration. b or d?

cooper

Originally posted by juber
just to also point out that 12 is actually A

The reason why the net profit ration AND the gross profit ratio increases, is because COGS reduces. Now this has absolutely NOTHING to do with sales as if sales were to increases, the cogs would still remain the same. Expenses can also be shown to remain the same as the gradients are equal (i.e. the net profit increases only at the same rate as the gross profit = no change in net profit)...

Now i think that there are issues with the answer being A in that people naturally think of expenses as being something to do with net profit, howevor this i only realy refering to operational expenses. The question just says "expenses" and I believe that it is a fair call to say that COGS is an expense in context to the question.

My main reason for choosing A is that it cant be C as the graph tells you nothing about sales performance so its impossible to deduce that it has had increased sales performance. Remember that it is the RATIO so any increase in sales has no effect on the gross profit ratio I.e. cogs will increase proportionally to sales. The onyl way you could claim that sales had increased is that the business improved its net profit due to a reduction in costs due to increased economies of scale, howevor this is irrelevant as the business had no increase in economies of scale as it can be shown that operational expenses (note that is not total expenses) remained constant (as it has an equal gradient to gross profit ratio)

If someone can challenge what im saying id love to hear it, cos i just dont see how someone can claim that sales increased based entirely on the graph..

Cheers..
haha i hope it's (c) just cause you put about 2 hours work into your essay on it being (a),

Jokes, all good, 1 day 23hrs 10mins 42secs remaining untill freeeedom..41...40

Last edited:

juber

jhv,m
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cooper
haha i hope it's (c) just cause you put about 2 hours work into your essay on it being (a),

Jokes, all good, 1 day 23hrs 10mins 42secs remaining untill freeeedom..41...40
haha naa man, 5 minites max lol

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
thnk u juber, thats what i was ganna say LOL,
and Q. 19 is contract law (legal ppl know wat i mean)

karnevil

HSC
Originally posted by symo
i put unfair dismissal, but the few guys i talked to said they put anti discrimination, could go either way, both should be right. but its about being dismissed, the reason why dismissed, discrimination, if u were in that situation u would logdge an unfair dismissal claim using discrimination as ur reason.

also q17 what did u do, pluralist or unitary
im pretty sure i went unitary caus:
unitary: accepts occassional differences but management strategies + communications minimise conflict
pluralist" recognises role of unions + gov IR framwork, conflicting goals solved through ir system ie arbitration. b or d?
Read the definition of "pluralist approach" in the glossary of the "Business Studies In Action" textbook and youll see its pluralist..... i cant be bothered typing it ;)

EDIT: OKay so i will type it just to prove my point :p

"Pluralist approach - recognises the active roles played by unions and employer associations adn the framework developed by the gov't. This approach sees conflict as a legitimate outlet for pressures and tensions between the stakeholders and their competing interests."

"Unitary approach - In ER, this approach assumes stakeholders work hand in hand to achieve shared goals"

now how can u tell me unitary is closer to the question?

Last edited:

chrome

HSC
let's hope BOS will accept Unfair Dismissal & Anti-Discrimination, lol :eek:

J2thaD

Damn i'm pissed off. according to u chrome i got 19/20 : (
for Q10 i was debating between b and d and i finally went with b....stupid me, i shoulda gone wit d, ahh well 19 is pretty damn good too. and who knows chrome, u could be wrong? haha

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by cadsy48
yeah but you are also protected by unfair dismissal (reads above)...
no... they aren't PROTECTED by unfair dismissal.. they were dismissed unfairly.... completely different... the thing that protects FROM unfair dismissal is anti discrimination

connie

HSC
N/A
well after looking at this i'm either a 19 or 20 too! too bad about the rest of the exam...

J2thaD

dazed are u the retarded person they were referrin to in the exam? it dun say they were dismissed goofball. the fact of teh matter is unfair dismissal laws protect ppl like the person in the question from being dimissed which is what da question asked. u will find that a is the bloody answer and people who put anti discrimination are wrong. anti discrimination protects people in the HIRING process from being discriminated against. its that damn simple ok so stop ur arguing the answer was A!

juber

jhv,m
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by J2thaD
dazed are u the retarded person they were referrin to in the exam? it dun say they were dismissed goofball. the fact of teh matter is unfair dismissal laws protect ppl like the person in the question from being dimissed which is what da question asked. u will find that a is the bloody answer and people who put anti discrimination are wrong. anti discrimination protects people in the HIRING process from being discriminated against. its that damn simple ok so stop ur arguing the answer was A!
yep totally agree...

that was my thinking...

Anti discrimination legislation is in the hiring process..

Unfair dissmissal laws are a range of laws that state that unless there are three warnings, or the person did something wrong, then they cant be fired....

I think that you could say that the process of the business dismissing the employee is discrimination, but they wouldn't be covered by anti discrimination laws, but rather unfair dissmissal laws...

J2thaD

Juber, all i gotta say is u da man!!
Thank god sumone up in here has common sense

karnevil

HSC
maybe we'll end up with a multiple answer question? its a possibility...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)