This may sound stupid... (1 Viewer)

HSC
But in a bachelor of arts, you can pick any combination of subjects right?
Because I remember reading in my uac guide that they were split into two groups or something.
Im thinking of changing my preferences to Bachelor Of Arts at Sydney.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Brontecat

HSC
this is a bit off topic, but if u choose to do the BA at uni where does the course lead you?

HSC
im not sure. but i was going to combine it with B of social work. ive just discovered that theres certain things im going to miss after high school but i dont want to pursue a career in that area and i wouldnt mind doing them so yeah thats why im asking.

HSC
There are no compulsory first year units.

Because I remember reading in my uac guide that they were split into two groups or something.
I think what you're referring to is the split between list A and list B subject areas. For a B Arts, you have to do one major from the arts faculty (list A). However, there are majors that you can do from other departmenrs as a second major (list B). The split between list A and list B subject areas can be found here:

Bachelor of Arts - Course Info for Future Students - The University of Sydney

this is a bit off topic, but if u choose to do the BA at uni where does the course lead you?
Because there is a massive amount of diversity in what you can study in an Arts degree, it's difficult to answer this question at such a general level. Have you got any ideas about what subject areas you are interested in studying?

HSC
There are no compulsory first year units.

I think what you're referring to is the split between list A and list B subject areas. For a B Arts, you have to do one major from the arts faculty (list A). However, there are majors that you can do from other departmenrs as a second major (list B). The split between list A and list B subject areas can be found here:

Bachelor of Arts - Course Info for Future Students - The University of Sydney

Because there is a massive amount of diversity in what you can study in an Arts degree, it's difficult to answer this question at such a general level. Have you got any ideas about what subject areas you are interested in studying?
oh ok so i can pick subjects from both list A and list B?

HSC
oh ok so i can pick subjects from both list A and list B?
Yep, you can pick subjects from both. But, if you want to do a list B major (say economics), you need to be doing a list A major as well (say English).

You are, however, restricted to taking 60 units of List B subjects (That will usually be 10 subjects).

HSC
oh excellent. thankyou so much :D

i dont really understand the way the whole units thing works though :S im sure ill pick up on it eventually...

HSC
oh excellent. thankyou so much :D

i dont really understand the way the whole units thing works though :S im sure ill pick up on it eventually...
Yeah it's a bit confusing. Usually, every subject that you take will be worth 6 credit points. Most full time students will take 24 credit points per semester, so that's usually four subjects.

It will become clearer over time :p

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
i believe the point is to not allow faggy arts stoodents to get into a BA and then be able to do liek, a chemistry degree in it yerp

HSC
Yeah it's a bit confusing. Usually, every subject that you take will be worth 6 credit points. Most full time students will take 24 credit points per semester, so that's usually four subjects.

It will become clearer over time :p
ohhh ok thanks. :) it makes a bit more sense now with the four subjects :)

i believe the point is to not allow faggy arts stoodents to get into a BA and then be able to do liek, a chemistry degree in it yerp
lol dw i wont be even coming near chemistry!

aneurysm

HSC
Yet another science or law or medicine wanker who think they're so insanely more superior than arts students. It's getting old and boring. Yes, I'm an arts student. Doesn't make a difference.

Unless of course you were kidding. Which it didn't look like.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
Yet another science or law or medicine wanker who think they're so insanely more superior than arts students. It's getting old and boring. Yes, I'm an arts student. Doesn't make a difference.

Unless of course you were kidding. Which it didn't look like.
what a terrible post

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)