This place is fucked. fucking beurocracy. (1 Viewer)

nickw...

HSC
N/A
the other night, with the budget peter costello was battin on about how australia needs more people, n tellin people to fuck more so thjey get more kid.s..he said, one for the wife, one for the husband, ansd one for the country...in terms of childeren.

and now they're arresting these poor folk who r just trying to make a living, just because they didnt enter county leagaly
they obviously have a job, and somewhere to live, and aint hurtin no body, and aint breakin ne laws.

why not let them stay?

they're gunna send em back to where ever they came from, to live in a fuckin gutter and eat scraps out of a bin. Australia is fucked. I hate to say it guys, but we need a female prime minister. Or better still, female PRESIDENT.

watching the news makes me angry

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
Originally posted by nickw...
the other night, with the budget peter costello was battin on about how australia needs more people, n tellin people to fuck more so thjey get more kid.s..he said, one for the wife, one for the husband, ansd one for the country...in terms of childeren.

and now they're arresting these poor folk who r just trying to make a living, just because they didnt enter county leagaly
they obviously have a job, and somewhere to live, and aint hurtin no body, and aint breakin ne laws.

why not let them stay?

they're gunna send em back to where ever they came from, to live in a fuckin gutter and eat scraps out of a bin. Australia is fucked. I hate to say it guys, but we need a female prime minister. Or better still, female PRESIDENT.

well watchin da new doesnt make me angry, u can stupidity lyk u pointed out but i wouldnt go as far as to say angry. i reall y wouldnt care less if we had a female pm..... politicians>dey all da same....

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
mmm yeh they are breaking un laws by keeping children in detention.. and illegal immigrants most likely came here because they had no choice.. so going back likely result in death/torture (or people just overstaying their visa.. i heard like 3000 british people are overstaying their visa here..)
i wonder how different it would be if we had a female treasurer/prime minister..

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
yeah thats why we should vote labour
Of course, if you like having any decent economy where you could support the extra people you should vote Liberal.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
bah Xayma Liberals "screw" (if you're a cynical bum) around the economy just like Labour did... Costello=Keating

Our refugee intake is fine... not our responsibility to ponder the cares of the world... nothin wrong with our tight gov. concerning immigration, except perhaps the fact that they think it's worth wasting millions of dollars to uphold the symbolic principle that nobody enters our soil when we dun wan 'em.

Loz#1 I concur.

olay

HSC
mmm i reckon costello is a great treasurer. he's prob the liberal's best asset!!! though i definitely wish they'd let most illegal immigrants stay; pretty bloody inhumane sending them back to their deaths. i find the news depressing, and it makes me feel useless. hmm. /random comments.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Olay: If you keep sayin "It's not my problem, there is nothing I can do"... you might believe yourself one day and find happiness... :)

Bush: But now there is something called the election, which inspires a sensation called political fear, which destroys all vestiges of individuality and proper economic management. :)
Not that'd I'd like to face every May guessing how much would be lobbed off from the university budget... (in SMH some article said in real terms uni's get half of the funding they did compared with 1975... not good)...

olay

HSC
Originally posted by Estel
Olay: If you keep sayin "It's not my problem, there is nothing I can do"... you might believe yourself one day and find happiness... :)
hehe actually, i plan to do quite the opposite... i want to have a career where i can say "it's a problem and theres something i can do!" :)

Originally posted by Estel
Bush: But now there is something called the election, which inspires a sensation called political fear, which destroys all vestiges of individuality and proper economic management. :)
What are you talking about? Considering the external environment, the Howard government is probably running the economy the best out of all the governments in history - not totally due to the government of course, but the government still plays a role.

And let's suppose unis really are getting half the funding they got in 75 in real terms. How many universities have closed as a result of this? How many universities have diminished in international standing as a result of this? If you ask me, the question isn't why are universities now getting so little, but why were they getting SO MUCH beforehand?

Estel

Tutor
HSC
The Government is just following the lead of Keating... and capitalising on an image of crappy Labor economic leadership all along...

Why do you think the government wanted to raise HECS? Is it because unis were flooding with cash? And why does the VCC talk of qualified people missing out on places?
It's shortsighted to think that saving money in that fashion is sound economic management when people can have more utilisation extracted if they were had the opportunity to go to university in a system that had the resources...
my 2 cents...

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I'm not so sure about the whole female prime minister/treasurer bit... Female politicians are just as dodgy... How are they likely to make a difference.

P.S Word has it Labour Female NZ Prime Minister Helen Clark is going down next election, ie losing her government majority.

Go labour, if only for the don't go little Johnny sake.

ellymelly

HSC
There's a right and a wrong way of entering the country. Deal with it. Every country has their policy, our is pretty easy going, some places will blow you out of the water for thinking about entering.
Don't forget, it's not just people that migrate, its other things like diseases which this country has spent millions getting rid of. Besides, by definition, a true refugee must stay in the first country that is safe, these people have travelled half way around the world, it is *illegal imigration* not asylum.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Originally posted by Josie
I'm not so sure about the whole female prime minister/treasurer bit... Female politicians are just as dodgy... How are they likely to make a difference.

Go labour, if only for the don't go little Johnny sake.
*cough*Meg Lees*cough*

Goooooooo Johnny!

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by nickw...
. I hate to say it guys, but we need a female prime minister. Or better still, female PRESIDENT.

Are you suggesting that a female PM/President will remedy this situation? Or are you suggesting females are softer on these particular issues? Either way, I do'nt see the point of your suggestion. (unless, of course, she is democratically elected). :)

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
What we need is probably a female leader, atleast to be different for a change. Too bad the glass ceiling is still fairly evident in the major political parties.

I reckon Australia shouldn't have a president, even if we are republic. We should keep the title Prime Minister or think up soemthing different. President sounds so yankelated.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)