Those Magnetic Number Plates (1 Viewer)

Pace_T

HSC
Azamakumar said:
Racial Profiling. Take down his badge number and report for a better society. (Y)
lol i should hey, but im so used to it now its like having a conversation with a buddy. even if they are going in the opposite direction, they'll make the effort to chuck a u turn and try to catch up to me :rofl:

munchybuddy said:
They cant be on the window, im pretty sure u hav to hav em near ur number plate, so ur gunna have 2 get magnetic or a metal bracket for ur P's, i suppose ur just gunna hav 2 hav those ugly plate holder until u get off ur P's an on 2 ur silver licence..

Although, my friend was tellin me 2day dat there is sum thing that u can actually clip onto ur numberplate.. not a bracket but sumfin else.. Dunno if its true tho
that sucks, the plate holders look pathetic. il do what muffinman said and try to put it sumwher in the plate, if it falls off il use the excuse that some1 nicked it

thanks for the replies guys!

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
just go to the rta and get heaps of them, put like 2 on the back so if one falls off it'll be ok, same with the front. From experience one falls off like every 2 trips or so. :-/

cuppy

HSC
N/A
magnetic number plates are sold out everywhere =[

or maybe im just having bad luck finding them

CieL

HSC
j_davo24 said:
Theres heaps of space for magnetic ones on that car. Check out all of that bumper there. How big are these magnetic plates you're talking about... Lol.
Um.. my bumper's plastic..

breed obsession
A wine-soaked strobe-lit Asiatic hall of mirrors
HSC
I think it's pretty much impossible to attach a P plate to the exterior of my car. Anywhere. You can get them on but they never last (even for a short drive down to the shops).
As of the first I'm just removing my static windscreen plates and thats all. If I get pulled over then I'll just say I put them on ten minutes ago, are they seriously gone already?!?! or a similar lie.
Ffs, such a stupid law. Way to encourage people to not display their plates.

CieL

HSC
MuffinMan said:
heres an idea my friend did. Blutack it onto your car?
After seeing blutack on my wall.. I'm not eager to have similar consequences on my car

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
the thing is, I share my car with my 'rents so I can't really have the ones that stick on (or are they the magnetic ones?) I'm not really sure but I have a HUGE problem with plates falling off (they almost always fall off on the rear). Guess I can always put like two at the back so if one falls off it'll be ok.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just thoguht I'd update this thread... magnetic Ps are like out of stock everywhere but some shops still sell the interior ones. Anyway, today I bought the P plate holder which sticks onto your license plate from Autojoy for $15 (set of 2). Not sure how good they are but it's the only option I had really.

Will update again later!

lala2

Banned
HSC
You know those sticky L plates--do they stick on by electromagnetic force? My dad said so, but I'm reluctant to buy them because if they're not they will make a mark. Also, my Ps test is in three weeks and if I pass I'll just leave my P plates on permanently on my mum's car.

faintygirl83

HSC
N/A
I wanted to stock up on magnetic P-Plates, but I noticed that everywhere is sold out of them.

I've only got one set of them, so i'll have to be careful and remove them when i'm parking my car in public areas.

I will probably also keep my static interior P's on my window as well, then at least if a magnetic one falls off then i'm displaying something.

Do those plastic plate holders only attach to the standard size number plates? I have the smaller premium plates on my car, so I don't think the plate holder is an option. :(

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
I rushed to buy my magnetic p-plates yesterday and i was pretty lucky that they hadn't sold out at the store i had bought them from :D Now i have to take them off whenever I park my car in public places so they won't get stolen :eek:

munchybuddy

HSC
marchetta said:
I rushed to buy my magnetic p-plates yesterday and i was pretty lucky that they hadn't sold out at the store i had bought them from :D Now i have to take them off whenever I park my car in public places so they won't get stolen :eek:
I no, thats wat i hav 2 do aswel, its such a pain in the arse

HSC
Noooooo, one of my magnetic P-plates fell off. :(

It was only the 3rd time I used it too. :(

Fuck I hate the new laws.

CieL

HSC
YEAH!!

The streets are going to be littered with L and P plates soon =]

Pace_T

HSC
im gona steal me some of them magnetic plates :D

CieL

HSC
Pace_T said:
im gona steal me some of them magnetic plates :D
hahah.. I considered doing that.. until I realised I'd have completely no use for them cos I dont have room on my car to stick them onto.. unless I pop them on the top of my bonnet or the top of my trunklid.. which I have no idea if that's allowed or not..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)