thoughts after open days at usyd/uts (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
thats interesting
coz i love the feeling of usyd
and i dont like the uts building!

Kharn

Yeah UTS got bumped up a couple of spots while USYD might be taken off the list.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
UTS ppl were heaps nicers and more helpful. They answered the questions you asked; not beating round the bush, trying to make the place seem exellent. I know thats they're suppose to sell the Uni to you, but all I wanted was straight answers, not a bloody thesis on clinical placement ;)

Mind you, the Medicine lecturer at Sydney was really friendly and helpful - unlike some on the others, she was really down to earth and answered my questions straight and pretty much laid down how it was. LOL, I really really wanna do grad medicine at Sydney now :D

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
i was really obsessed with how uts was ugly and all that, but now i don't really care since i enjoyed the atmosphere. the uts people were a lot more helpful and they were nicer. some of the usyd really put me off. they'll be like, just read this. oh, there were 2 really nice people in the tent thing.
except one of them kept telling me i had to come back and do a masters degree. that'd total 7 years at uni :eek:

is a roflcopter
HSC
all of yous are saying usyd is "pretentious"

i dont get understand what that means :(
explain please

windows xp

windows xp i had EXACTLY the same problem as you i think. i really thought sydney would be great and as such i was completely disappointed and HATED it. and uts i wasn't even really considering as a REAL option- and now it makes up more than half my preferences. god, i really do not want to end up there. (at sydney)

Sorry, I don't know how to stick parts of a message in a response here. Whatever, I got those hopes from everyone going on on Sydney and Dr. Karl(That i have to admit, he did a pretty good lecture at 11:30 AM) while everyone around me said something like: "I hate that ugly building", "Many people go to UTS because the UAI is no high" for UTS.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
pretty sandstone is all frigid wants.
oh, and the agmination of some of best examples of the female species all at one time.

edit: usyd is not snobby. and if it is, so am i.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
"tall poppies are blowing on the breeze..."

i'll probly have to eat my words should i fail to make usyd. :(
goddamn high cutoffs!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
should i ever go to UNSW, i shall make sure asqy or any other BoS person not know my identity and i shall live as a recluse...

T

timbk2

UTS has the best atmosphere of the 3 main uni's. .. i might be a bit biased, but after studying there for nearly 2 years. . as it was during my hsc year, it seems like the most laidback uni and atmosphere. UTS puts more meaning into uni life than just going to lectures and tutorials.
As for the ugly tower building. I've had classes in there like 5 times in 2 years. Depends what course u do i guess. But we ITers have our own pretty little building we call building10

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
oh, and usyd isn't evil. it's just the uts people were a lot more approachable and the atmosphere was more appealing.
plus the ppl i spoke to at usyd put me off a bit.

oh and actually, the law talk wasn't terrific, but i'm actually kind of wanting to do law at usyd now.
i'm not aiming to get in, i'm just realising the yearning now. :p

and shut up frigid, you're such a fraud. you didn't even go to the law talks.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
the only reason i hate usyd is because i couldn't find the free food.

/me crosses usyd out of the list :)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Toodulu
...and shut up frigid, you're such a fraud. you didn't even go to the law talks.
i answer this by another quote of hers:
Originally posted by Toodulu
PROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVE IT!

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
erm, you told me. and you don't know what the guy said at the talk. and you don't know what i look like.

newbie, AS IIIIIIIIIIIIIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shut up and come up with your own material

anyway, i sort of want to go to uts now. except i'm still going to put usyd as my top 2 preferences. bleh, not a lot of room for unsw left :p

Last edited:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
damn, i wish i had the power to delete this whole thread....

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
i know! how terrific was the law talk? it inspired even my insignificant self to aspire to the great usyd law course.
best. lecture. ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)