Thoughts - How did you all find the exam? (1 Viewer)

elisabeth

HSC
I had the weirdest feeling that the broadsheet would involve Germany! I hated the multiple choice, I fucked up most of the map ones. What did you guys get for the "smallest scale" question and the photographer direction one?

The short answers were ok, but I don't think they were brilliant. Same goes for my responses.

I knew the first essay would be V&R... just knew it... pity I didn't revise it more then.

The second essay was a piece of shit, stupid dominance/dependance. I ended up rambling about roles of world cities and some other crap. What did everyone else put?

Loved the third question cause it really suited my case study, but I still didn't write much, only about 4 pages before I ran out of stuff. I never realised how hella slow I write until now.

Gah! So much for my hopes of 90+. Hope the rest of my exams go better.

$a®e

HSC
well..im glad to c that almost everyone found the world cities question ridiculous..thank god for the local enterprise essay but i think i did that one the best...overall the exam wasnt to bad...but yeh i felt it concentrated more so on topic 2 then the rest of syllubus unfortunately:(

lindzapatroid

Yeah the geog exam was pretty hard overall i reckon. For the triangle one I had 75%...

The essays suited some case studies, i think it was a hard exam and compared with others will be scaled up (well at least I hope)!!

Well at least its over now....never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valeroso

HSC
elisabeth said:
I had the weirdest feeling that the broadsheet would involve Germany! I hated the multiple choice, I fucked up most of the map ones. What did you guys get for the "smallest scale" question and the photographer direction one?
My teacher told me that the "Smallest scale" question should never even be in the HSC because its not on the syllabus. Then she complained about the Trial paper (about the scale question), and even the Board of Studies man that she spoke to told her that the trial answer was WRONG, and they both agreed that the "Small/large-scale" questions have no place in a Geography exam. But hey, these are EXAMINERS! They obviously can't make good concise questions - Its not like they're making the paper for a few MONTHS or anything! Just look at the English paper! You study - know everything - then you get some stupid essay question which ANYONE could come up with. But that being said, I loved the Geography paper, haha. So my hatred is only with English for the time being.

Valeroso

HSC
$a®e said:
well..im glad to c that almost everyone found the world cities question ridiculous..thank god for the local enterprise essay but i think i did that one the best...overall the exam wasnt to bad...but yeh i felt it concentrated more so on topic 2 then the rest of syllubus unfortunately:(
The Local Enterprise question was alright, but there wasn't much I could mention for it! Its such a small question that by the time I reached the 6th page, I had no idea what else to write. Its so limited! But I was CHEERING about the Ecosystems question. Here I was - only studied 1 case study for Ecosystems - HOPING they'd ask for 1 - and they don't ask for any! (So I just mentioned the 1 Case Study I DID know, heh).

got_ur_69

HSC
thought it was oooh k...not so great, but not so hard...answer to the scale question was source b we all thought....annnnd....all the extended responses required a thorough knowledge of crapping on.....i think i did really well!! haha our case studies suited eco ent. well, lucky.....11, 8 and 11 pages makes for one sore hand....the urban dynamic question was a beauty too.....i love exams

pat.daly

What about the final 2 multi choice questions... I am guarenteed to get them wrong.

I always thought to get a reading, you go from the bottom of the x-axis to the top of whatever colour you wanted, not from the bottom of the colour to the top of the colour.

Nodice

HSC
got_ur_69 said:
11, 8 and 11 pages makes for one sore hand....the urban dynamic question was a beauty too.....i love exams
WHA?!!! *dies*

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
we used a theory called "central place theory" to describe dominance and dependence. Filled up half the essay and included diagrams!

Consensus at our school, decent/fair to great.

Our economic enterprise was pretty suited to that P&EA question.

the ternary graph wasnt too bad.

Overall i was happy.

Please: vote on my poll
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=88575

crystel_angel

HSC
Ive always gotten like 19 or 20 out of 20 for ecosystems essays, but that one i only wrote 2 pages for :( it was so unexpected. Loved the last question on economic enterprise, but hated the world cities one. I definetly think the exam could of been prepared much better. Anyone know if it gets scaled up or down?
So annoyed, the rest of my class all told me that small scale meant small detail, so i figured i was wrong and they were right. I looked it up when i got home and found out i was right, small scale means large detail...... lost 2 marks cause of them :(

firehose

HSC
The exam was challenging, 'cos for eco@risk and urban places they picked out the harder bits of the course. I found the economic enterprise annoying 'cos they picked out environmental constraints and human impacts specifically, which limited what I could talk about. But I think I wrote it ok...

I put down Suburbanisation for Q2... wat the hell, wasn't reading the question properly...

I put 75% for that ternary graph, and Source B for smallest scale... had to think a while juz to think which way was "smaller" scale...

Short answer was alrite overall... but yeah I hope we get scaled up.

willrickard

HSC
exam

i thought the exam was fucken gay. general consensus at my school was 'fucken hard'

what was with that economic enterpirse question, you couldnt write much bou that for tourism, dominance n dependance was crap, theres not much to write about and ecosystems was shit coz they dint ask for a case study

so hope the whole state did shit so we'll all be pulled up

i rekn if u got around 70% ull be pulled up pretty well to a band 5...

multi choice was hard too, and that stupid ternary graph i spent like 20 mins on. ahhhhhhhhh oh well, now we can burn our notes n sell our text books to yr 11s

Valeroso

HSC
willrickard said:
what was with that economic enterpirse question, you couldnt write much bou that for tourism, dominance n dependance was crap, theres not much to write about and ecosystems was shit coz they dint ask for a case study
For the FIRST TIME, I read the Rubric! And it said "Relate to your Case Studies where relevant", so I just mentioned my Case Study for the Ecosystems one.

pat.daly

http://geography.about.com/cs/maps/a/mapscale.htm said:
Maps are often known as large scale or small scale. A large scale map refers to one which shows greater detail

I think im right....

Jazzap

HSC
nah..pretty sure its large scale, small detail and large scale, small detail.
Exam was average, short answers pretty good! Didnt enjoy the world cities essay though, much like the rest of u. Ecosystems essay was average, i didnt prepare all that great for that part of the course, and economic one was..again average, lol.

..:::LoZzA:::..

HSC
They did the challenges in mega cities and the responses in 2003 and theres not much else to talk about on mega cities so thats prob why there was nothing on it.... i did the same i chose Source B.....Yeh i agree the extended response was pretty gay as u couldnt find much to write about

willrickard

HSC
why was there nothin on mega cities, that pissed me off thats the easiest. the small scale was the 1 of tasmania

the one that is furthest away
source B

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)