Thoughts - How did you all find the exam? (1 Viewer)

..:::LoZzA:::..

HSC
how weird was that i posted after u and my post got put before urs?? now what i say doesnt make sense...lol

willrickard

HSC
..:::LoZzA:::.. said:
They did the challenges in mega cities and the responses in 2003 and theres not much else to talk about on mega cities so thats prob why there was nothing on it....

nah but they could have asked somethin in short answer or somethin, they had somethin on everything else... just not mega cities n thats my best! ah oh well, its over now.

kiara

annie_sinc said:
the world cities essay was good! the economic activity essay was soo bad, so outta no where!!!
Oh out of absolutely nowhere!

stace0101

HSC
I thought the exam was ok, multiple choice was pretty hard (everyone from my school thought that) but i answered source b and counterurbanisation which seems to be the right ones so yay!! ecosystem essay was good cause i thought that would be in there so i studied it heaps!! world cities essay was soooo bad, i thought if they'd do dominance and dependence they'd at least do it with something else cause theres not enough to write about, i just crapped on about Sydney becoming a world city and the decentralisation of industries to urban centres, demise of small towns, etc, it was horrible, general consensus seems to be that tho so maybe they can just scrap it all together!! P&EA was good, didn't know much about human impacts but just crapped on a bit and still wrote heaps so we'll see. Short answers were good but they didn't give enough room for the urban dynamics in small town and character of world cities question, i had to write all over the page. I got 74 for triangle graph. hope i can get band 5/80's, maybe it'll even be scaled up!! what did everyone get for vertical exagguration and gradient qu's?

GiantSloth

HSC
I found world cities not hard at all. Ecosystems wasn't expecting that question and local study i did dairying so that question fitted well. What did people get for vertical exageration did u guys get 200???? also what did people get for working out the area question?? i put 1.8 no idea if its right.

daviesem

HSC
my economic activity had no human impact so that was shit
we geussed the dom and depen question!
the multiple choice was so hard! and the 4 mark questions could have been essays there was to much to say for them!

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
i fucked it.

i didnt study vulnerabilty and resilience, and i only rememberd shit bout dynamic equilibrium 5 min after the exam.

and i hope whoever marks my economic activity paper doesnt know shit about rice- i made so much bullshit up its not funny

HSC
It was a stupid exam! The mutliple choice was alot harder than it normally is - i just couldn't get the right answer for some of the skills!
Short answers were alright... except they only gave you four marks for that urban dynamics case study question... you could write a whole essay on that!
I'd rather have that than the feckin dominance and dependence question - that was a joke! i realised when i got home that there was only one paragraph about it in my whole text book!
The economic activity question was alrite. But i reckon the ecosystems was too broad... I felt like i didn't know if i was answering the question or not!

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
think of scale like this.....a scale of 1:1 is actual size, so a scale of 1:50000 is bloody small scale....the tassie map (source B) had the smallest scale.

always_smile

HSC
I found the exam really hard, especially the world cities question. We did not cover the dominance and dependance thing in class. Some of the multiple choice questions were really hard. For the V.E question in got 80 and thats what my tecaher got. Few of my other class mates put 200 and 40. For the economic enterprise question, we did nothing on the environmental constraints.

Good luck for the rest of the exams

Valeroso

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
i fucked it.

i didnt study vulnerabilty and resilience, and i only rememberd shit bout dynamic equilibrium 5 min after the exam.

and i hope whoever marks my economic activity paper doesnt know shit about rice- i made so much bullshit up its not funny
Hahahahaha! Thats so funny! What did you write? I wonder if you could have said something like "One natural impact is the drought which stagnated rice supply", haha. As for the dynamic equilibrium = Shit! Forgot about that one! Oh well, 2 essays probably still gone well. I dont believe in Ecosystems at Risk ANYWAY.

firehose

HSC
I reckon the essay questions, being either from harder bits of the course or being really specific, is pretty slack considering they put geo on the second day.....

I crammed some of that stuff at 4am in the morning lol.... Yeah, couldn't study properly yesterday, post Eng- exam hangover. Meanwhile, my poor friend is doing the Engineering Exam as I type and he had GEO in the morning too!

laura_h

HSC
worst exam of my life.

i was devestated after it. i studied all this specific stuff about economic activity and then we get a question like that i didnt know what to write all of the essay questions were terrible. i've been through a lot of past papers and that geography exam was the worst i've ever seen.

multiple choice sucked i swear a couple of questions didnt even make sense.

short answer i wanted to kill them

I AM SO ANGRY.

WHOEVER SET THAT EXAM SHOULD BE FIRED.

VERY VERY UNFAIR UNSPECIFIC UNRESONABLE EXAM

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
oh well no point in whinging now
whats done is done
we jus have to pray teh cutoff is low so we all have a chance of gettin decent marks

merc_1987

it was alright...

i dont think it was the worst it could have been...multi choice was alright, cept lookin at what answers u guys wrote, im not so sure. short answer was ok too, i agree was heaps to write 4 them. was happy with economic question...ok with ecosystems...but world cities? waffled on about goodness knows...i just find it depressn how 13 years built up 2 these exams...but no more geo atleast i guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)