Thoughts - How did you all find the exam? (1 Viewer)

*Dan-knee*

HSC
feedback

i enjoyed that exam:)...especially the essays. i did what demosthenes did and predicted them. i was sure the BOS would at least test dominance and dependence in world cities, since it hasn't been tested before. I also am a fan of kleeman..he helped me out with the new global economy in "global interactions 2". hes a champ.

The multiple choice was alright, apart from question 4 and the "which direction was the photographer facing when he took this image?" question. i just couldn't get my head around it.

finally, i loved the paper itself..so colourful and pretty. good for motivation:)

ps. to demosthenes from smiths hill: are you robbie?

bustinjustin

HSC
Yeah the notion of a technosphere was a bit weird but my class and I had no qualms about it, it's a mad word nonetheless.

My class did Aquaculture for our case study, few if not anybody else in the state does it, we ROCK!

bex7

we did tamburlaine. what did u guys do?

oh and the direction the photographer was facing, south east, easy, we did lots of those in practice i guess.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
ViRtUaL said:
i dispute too. in his global interactions 2 book kleeman talks about the "technosphere" as part of biophysical interactions. i mean wtf??!! - the syllabus specifies only atmosphere, hydrosphere, lithosphere, biosphere for biophysical interactions (the yr 11 part of it does at least, dont know about hsc part). our class all had a hearty laugh when we saw technosphere in the book, it sounds like a computer game or something lol.
yeh but in uni they talk about the technosphere...if you are gonna talk about biophysical interactions, you have to realise that the built environment (technosphere) impacts on it too, i spose.

i heart kleeman.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
*Dan-knee* said:
i enjoyed that exam:)...especially the essays. i did what demosthenes did and predicted them. i was sure the BOS would at least test dominance and dependence in world cities, since it hasn't been tested before. I also am a fan of kleeman..he helped me out with the new global economy in "global interactions 2". hes a champ.

The multiple choice was alright, apart from question 4 and the "which direction was the photographer facing when he took this image?" question. i just couldn't get my head around it.

finally, i loved the paper itself..so colourful and pretty. good for motivation:)

ps. to demosthenes from smiths hill: are you robbie?
why yes, yes i am robbie! who is this? st marys my guess....

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
wwjd_frog14 said:
im just wondering...wat economic activity did every1 do? and wat was ur local scale example? :)
We did stupid grain-fed beef, local study: Rockdale Feedlot, Yanco. The WORST economic activity possible. Why we couldn't have done tourism, I'll never know.

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
rank-1 said:
I can't understand how you people didn't predict the extended responses!

Me and my mate predicted all three of them. It was a simple process of elimination by looking at the past questions and the syllabus.

They were definately going to ask local case study as the last two years it had been global.

They were either gonna ask for vulrenability and resilience or management strategies because if you went through the past questions and ticked off the syllabus dot points that had been done, those two were the only ones left!

Likewise, in urban places only dominance and dependence and an urban dynamic in a suburb hadb't been asked before.

I think a little more logical planning may have helped a lot of you.

As for the multiple choice, yes they were hard.

Did I not say something like this already? Crikey...

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
bustinjustin said:
Yeah the notion of a technosphere was a bit weird but my class and I had no qualms about it, it's a mad word nonetheless.

My class did Aquaculture for our case study, few if not anybody else in the state does it, we ROCK!
Our class of twenty rock somewhat more than your class. We also do aquaculture. Go us! u, my friend, simply appropriated our idea.

gigi_ruff

rumour is that a certain st marys geography teacher was egging his class on to beat ours, we will have to compare on Dec 16th lol, and if you dispute Kleemans position as king of geog who do you consider taking the thrown?

*Dan-knee*

HSC
who am i

I am Danielle from st mary's, robbie (demosthenes) and your dad was my geography teacher. he likes us better. bring it on smiths hill high geography! lol

little_kt

HSC
I'm glad it over... My 4 biggest exams were in the first week (English Paper 1, Geography, English (advanced), Legal!!)

I was really annoyed with that world cities question. I did pretty detailed notes for geography from a couple of different text books and dominance and dependence consisted of one page out of 46pages of Urban Places notes... i spoke to my teacher afterwards and she thought the question wasn't very fair!

The vulnerability and resilence question was pretty broad...and the economic enterprise was alright...

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
baha my dad loves us better, danielle! im his blood and bone, what would u expect? he actually wanted to come to our school before the exam instead of yours, but couldnt. I spose he loves you too....but only sorta kinda. He is especially infatuated with the humble gigi ruff (aka gigz) it seems, and doesnt really like one called alee...LOL

bustinjustin

HSC
The_highwayman said:
Our class of twenty rock somewhat more than your class. We also do aquaculture. Go us! u, my friend, simply appropriated our idea.
Pfft you and your futile, groundless assertions
NO YOU DIDN'T
Our school's been doing aquaculture for years! When did you start?
We'll settle this with how our respective classes performed in this exam.
YOU'RE GOING DOOOOOOOWN

HSC
I found the multies and short answers really easy, but the extended responses were dodgy. Ecosystems was excellent, but the Urban places one was uh... 'wtf'. Economic activity was a bit too.

I'll be heartbroken if I screwed that one up!

alayenay

HSC
SHIT PAPER.

The essay questions were so chat...all 'describe' and 'explain'...pfft. I couldn't demonstrate how good I am at geo and how fucking hard I've worked over the past few years at ALL. I don't think I will do well either. FUCK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)