Thoughts - How did you all find the exam? (1 Viewer)

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
bustinjustin said:
Pfft you and your futile, groundless assertions
NO YOU DIDN'T
Our school's been doing aquaculture for years! When did you start?
We'll settle this with how our respective classes performed in this exam.
YOU'RE GOING DOOOOOOOWN
May i congratulate you on your maturity. Not only have u managed to create a retort as clever as "holla back girl" but u turned it into some sort of childish competition. We do not need a competition to highlight who reigns supreme as aquaculture-studier as it is quite evident that our students are there already. However, to entertain you i shall answer your question:
We started in 1998 when the enterprise first opened. We couldnt have studied it beforehand. Our teacher has had an interest the whole time, he is a shareholder and as such gives us a great depth of knowledge into the business not only about how it is a great enterprise but also on where it could improve.

PS: the extra "o's" in DOWN dont really add that much emphasis but rather make u appear as if you are some wanna-be gansta from a video-game.

Hi everyone. Enjoy ur HSC! :)

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
i was gonna say something back 2 u, hwy man....but then i saw your sig.
So. Keep up the good work :D:D:D

HSC
what's wrong with my sig?

EDIT: that is a serious question btw. I dont just randomly defame people for questioning me. Ur a nice bloke. especially since u do geography and dont just post up completely random threads about god-knows-what and brown-nose all the older members.

Last edited:

bustinjustin

HSC
The_highwayman said:
May i congratulate you on your maturity. Not only have u managed to create a retort as clever as "holla back girl" but u turned it into some sort of childish competition. We do not need a competition to highlight who reigns supreme as aquaculture-studier as it is quite evident that our students are there already. However, to entertain you i shall answer your question:
We started in 1998 when the enterprise first opened. We couldnt have studied it beforehand. Our teacher has had an interest the whole time, he is a shareholder and as such gives us a great depth of knowledge into the business not only about how it is a great enterprise but also on where it could improve.

PS: the extra "o's" in DOWN dont really add that much emphasis but rather make u appear as if you are some wanna-be gansta from a video-game.

Hi everyone. Enjoy ur HSC! :)
Dearest 'Highway Man',

It seems that you have mistaken my 'holla back' girl post as my preferred style of refutation. Alas, I like to personalise it according to the perceived intelligence level of the recipient – from what I gathered from the tone of your posts, I was almost certain that you’d pick up on the ‘tongue-in-cheek’ quality of my post. Sadly, meaning was lost between composer and responder…

Again, your groundless claims that ‘we do not need a childish competition’ are astounding. If you had the courtesy of, or the ability to read my post properly, you would have realised that I proposed a mature and appropriate method to settle this lame ‘score’ (doubt you’ll pick up on the pun) - I proposed that we compare our HSC scores at the end of this process to ascertain once and for all who had a superior Geography class between the pair of us – for all we know, it mightn’t be either of us, but let’s keep this between you and me, man to man, mono e mono (I advise that you revise your Latin, ‘bro’). You’re so adamant that your students are sooo superior (I added extra ‘o’s just for you) that you’ll most definitely outdo the designated top 5% of this state (yes, yes, selective school snobbery, whatever, we’ll just wait and see…) This proposition was made on the logical premise that you would accept this challenge like a real, mature man would, but I was sadly mistaken. In lay-man terms – do you not have any balls, or more significantly, any brains?

But alas, according to you, we do not need to resort to something concrete like HSC marks, because it is already ‘quite evident’ that you’re so superior – we here at the Bored of Studies ask in a chorus – where is this evident? In the tradition of two unit English – how? How is this evident? Tell me, ‘Highway Man’ – have you ever debated? Intend on going to the Bar? At least watched a pseudo-legal television drama? Pity and prayers for any man or woman that has been or is ever represented by you in a court of law or in a mere domestic argument, for you would never be able to prove anything going by your tactics in this forum. I’m surprised I’ve even reached this number of words considering how little material I’ve had to deal with. Call me verbose, call me impetuous, just don’t call me dumb like you seem to have done - ‘wanna-be gangsta'? Mother of God, what is this, a playground? Sure seems like it with you around.

I do not contest the fact that you have an Aquaculture expert at your beck and call – whether you have the cognitive abilities to synthesise the wealth of information and actually learn for him is another matter, but kudos to you for having attended a school in the Hunter with close proximity to one of two fish farms in NSW.

On a "syncopated counter-point falsetto" closing note, and in keeping with the musical theme, ‘Highway Man’ -
Hit the Road Jack and don’t you come back, no more.
No more.
No more.
No more

Last edited:

bustinjustin

HSC
Before anything else, I'd like to thank my good friend Elliot for the line 'syncopated counter-point falsetto' - his literary skills and musical knowledge are superior to mine, and far superior to those of any 'highway' vagrants that litter this forum. Everything else in the previous post however originated from the recessess of my own mind.

And in relation to Geography - anyone thinking of doing it next year? At uni, that is.

Last edited:
HSC
HAHAHAHAHA

Re-reading my post i realise the tone probably wasnt the best one to choose. Thats what procrastination does to u. The whole "superiority" thing was mean to be a joke...that i now realise u wouldnt understand because u didnt know my class...lol. I can understand now how it is offensive but at the time i was only intending it to match the language etc from m intial post. Its early and i have to go to a tutorial but yeah.lol sorry. I was wondering what Demosthenes was going on about what he was gunna say etc. I have this beef with the harlequinman. In case u havent noticed...but other than that i dont wanna get anyone off side. LOL. Sorry guys! Please accept this smiley as a reflection of my hope for reconciliation :)

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
The_highwayman said:
what's wrong with my sig?

EDIT: that is a serious question btw. I dont just randomly defame people for questioning me. Ur a nice bloke. especially since u do geography and dont just post up completely random threads about god-knows-what and brown-nose all the older members.
nothings WRONG with it....you bag out harlequin....which is funny :D

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
awww, are highwayman and bustinjustin gonna get married?
Everyone say awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

bustinjustin

HSC
The_highwayman said:
HAHAHAHAHA

Re-reading my post i realise the tone probably wasnt the best one to choose. Thats what procrastination does to u. The whole "superiority" thing was mean to be a joke...that i now realise u wouldnt understand because u didnt know my class...lol. I can understand now how it is offensive but at the time i was only intending it to match the language etc from m intial post. Its early and i have to go to a tutorial but yeah.lol sorry. I was wondering what Demosthenes was going on about what he was gunna say etc. I have this beef with the harlequinman. In case u havent noticed...but other than that i dont wanna get anyone off side. LOL. Sorry guys! Please accept this smiley as a reflection of my hope for reconciliation :)
Hehe - I'm such a nasty bitch. In hindsight your 'holla back girl' comparison was spot on. I could see the 'tongue-in-cheek' quality of your first post, and I mean who doesn't think that their Geography class could possibly top the state? We all do. I suppose my initial comments that started all this are to blame - I was being a cock, but the underlying purpose was to find out who else did Aquaculture, and I had a hunch it would be a school from the Hunter since that's the only other place were Aquaculture is practiced - either way, we'll be the only schools to have done Aquaculture at our respective marking centres and we will succeed in providing relief for the markers from viticulture and tourism.

I can understand the whole 'insider joke' thing you had going on with your Geo class - most Geo classes are probably like that - tight and jocular, seeing as we're all so small. My Geo class and teacher were probably one of, if not my most favourite. I'm pretty sure most other geographers had similar experiences, depending on the make up of their class and teacher.

It's obvious that I thrive on conflict - this isn't the first of 'online' fights' I've had in these forums, so I tend to keep away from BOS because of that, but this is the first time I've 'reconciled' - kudos to you for taking the 'first step' in this process. Reading back on my post, I definitely went all out in that one - omg, Latin, selective schools - what a wank.

Haven't really noticed the domestic that's going on between you and Harlequin man - will read back. Got a lot of respect for the Hunter and Novocastrians, used to be one myself, long time ago, and for a short while only I suppose, but hey, a claim to fame when you need one.

Good luck with the rest of your exams, and the same to everyone else!

HSC
demosthenes said:
awww, are highwayman and bustinjustin gonna get married?
Everyone say awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
But i thought we were already engaged?! *cries*

bustinjustin said:
We'll be the only schools to have done Aquaculture at our respective marking centres and we will succeed in providing relief for the markers from viticulture and tourism.
Variety is the spice of life! An added bonus is that we can make up alot of stuff too because there isnt so many people to compete against and thus contradict you ;)

It's obvious that I thrive on conflict - this isn't the first of 'online' fights' I've had in these forums, so I tend to keep away from BOS because of that, but this is the first time I've 'reconciled' - kudos to you for taking the 'first step' in this process. Reading back on my post, I definitely went all out in that one - omg, Latin, selective schools - what a wank.
Might i say, that u are probably the most agressive forum-er i have met. That post did get me a bit on the offended side. You're a very good arguer. yes, the latin and selective school comments were pretty OTT, but i dont blame u. I probably would have thought of similar things in the heat of the moment and then smiled with content. :)
Haven't really noticed the domestic that's going on between you and Harlequin man - will read back. Got a lot of respect for the Hunter and Novocastrians, used to be one myself, long time ago, and for a short while only I suppose, but hey, a claim to fame when you need one.
There isnt a "domestic" as this would imply living together. But i am thoroughly annoyed and sickened by the brown-ness of his nose. Good to hear about the respect for the hunter and newcastle! It is well founded.

Good luck with the rest of your exams,
Thanks!

Now, to move on!

Has anyone talked to their teachers since the exam? what do they think? tough, fair or easy?

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
We spoke to ours straight after the exam-- she was waiting for us as we came out, and thought 2/3 of the essay questions were mean, and the presence of 2 world cities responses was just strange. She was happy with the multiple choice, and thought some of the short answers could have probably been essays in themselves--with so much to say on them. Can't remember which ones she was referring to though.

HSC
study buddy said:
We spoke to ours straight after the exam-- she was waiting for us as we came out, and thought 2/3 of the essay questions were mean, and the presence of 2 world cities responses was just strange. She was happy with the multiple choice, and thought some of the short answers could have probably been essays in themselves--with so much to say on them. Can't remember which ones she was referring to though.
Yeah, i thought the character of world cities and the suburb/urban dynamics question would have made good essays. I had tonnes to write on those.

firehose

HSC
The_highwayman said:
But i thought we were already engaged?! *cries*

Variety is the spice of life! An added bonus is that we can make up alot of stuff too because there isnt so many people to compete against and thus contradict you ;)

Might i say, that u are probably the most agressive forum-er i have met. That post did get me a bit on the offended side. You're a very good arguer. yes, the latin and selective school comments were pretty OTT, but i dont blame u. I probably would have thought of similar things in the heat of the moment and then smiled with content. :)

There isnt a "domestic" as this would imply living together. But i am thoroughly annoyed and sickened by the brown-ness of his nose. Good to hear about the respect for the hunter and newcastle! It is well founded.

Thanks!

Now, to move on!

Has anyone talked to their teachers since the exam? what do they think? tough, fair or easy?
I suppose now would be the time to reveal that I'm in the same Geo class as Bustinjustin, and I'm doing Aquaculture as well.
:)
Highwayman, u might've got served, but u also achieved a mean feat: reconciling with Bustinjustin over such a silly issue. He has a thing for bickering as you might've been able to tell....

Anyway, hope the uniqueness of our economic activity works to our benefit as the markers tackle the papers!

On a side note, Highwayman, what was the local enterprise that you studied? We did Silver Beach Aquaculture, a fish farm located in Kurnell.

In two respects, you did outdo our class. Firstly in terms of when you started doing Aquaculture (1998 as opposed to 2000), as well as class number (20 to 8). But we'll see who reigns supreme on Dec 16th. :rolleyes: Haha nah doesn't really matter who wins, it's all good in the end.

firehose

HSC
^ I think the guy who ran SBA mentioned something about buying fingerlings from vairous North coast places, namely Maitland... Oh well, can't really remember anything anymore lol. All the best highwayman!

carmichael

HSC
N/A
lol a friend of mine in one of the assessments had the bright idea to cut out a map from the stimulus and paste it into exam.

This then followed by the pasting in of a ******REAL***** pneumatophore onto the page taken from the Bicentennial Parklands hahahaha

Just wondering what it'd have been like for an hsc examiner to find a pneumatophore stuck on the page

---

Hmm and for the exam i found it was alright... my teacher told us to write essays for the syllabus dot points that hadn't been asked. We also thought dominance and dependence, and vulnerability and resilience were the two most likely but the third was pretty left field... The rest i think was kk too

yeah_daz

Exam was different to past papers...good test all the same...our teacher from Erina made sure he covered dominance and dependence...so all was sweet. Sure some questions were a bit specific but hey exams are supposed to test ya. Quietly confident.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
gravity said:
lol a friend of mine in one of the assessments had the bright idea to cut out a map from the stimulus and paste it into exam.

This then followed by the pasting in of a ******REAL***** pneumatophore onto the page taken from the Bicentennial Parklands hahahaha

Just wondering what it'd have been like for an hsc examiner to find a pneumatophore stuck on the page

---

Hmm and for the exam i found it was alright... my teacher told us to write essays for the syllabus dot points that hadn't been asked. We also thought dominance and dependence, and vulnerability and resilience were the two most likely but the third was pretty left field... The rest i think was kk too
Actually thats has happened before, at a geo lecture at Hurstville run by Messta. Peter Toovey the teacher who does independent trials and senior marker was telling us that if you cut things out of the stimulus booklet you get NO EXTRA MARKS and you make yourself look incompetent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)