Thoughts on Chemistry CSSA paper (1 Viewer)

danno1990

HSC
I thought the questions were very content based and not to skillsy. But my chem teacher is a HSC marker so all my answers are scrutinized and thus God knows what mark ill get, something low.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Exactly! But aren't CSSA trials harder than real HSC? Hope that'd be true so I don't feel like a big failure with a crap CSSA mark.

liamh16

HSC
our teachers will mark them pretty quick.
our core is already marked.
just depends on how long it takes the other teacher to mark shipwrecks. :hammer:

danno1990

HSC
liamh16 said:
our teachers will mark them pretty quick.
our core is already marked.
just depends on how long it takes the other teacher to mark shipwrecks. :hammer:
Has miss already marked the core???

dumarab

HSC
vds700 said:
i put ethanoic, that was the only one i recognised, and its naturally occuring, so i think its right.
Twas citric.... it occurs naturally in lemmon and ethanoic is monoprotic...Citric is triprotic

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
dumarab said:
Twas citric.... it occurs naturally in lemmon and ethanoic is monoprotic...Citric is triprotic
AHHHH! An Arab doing CHEMISTRY! Keep him away from all the chemicals! He'll blow the lot of us up!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:lol: :p

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
2-hydroxypropane-1,2,3-tricarboxilic acid should be the answer, commonly known as citric acid, or C6H8O7 - it is triprotic as it can donate the hydrogen on EACH of its carboxilic acid functional groups (of which it has 3), as well as the fact that it is a weak acid and only aprtially oinises (2nd and 3rd acid dissociation constants are very small - in the order of 10^-7)

Last edited:

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
How do you diagrammatically show iodine dissolved in ethanol? (2 marks)

Last edited:

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
draw their structures, show they are both non polar (ethanol has one end non polar), write they will interact via dispersion forces and thus will dissolve
i rekon 1 mark = proper lewis/electron diagrams or full srtuctural formula
the 2nd mark for an INDICATION (visually or written) that they both dissolve due to non-polar nature, ie dispersion forces

hon1hon2hon3

HSC
I did the CSSA paper for chem as well, but i dont remember they asked me to draw a picture explaining how iodine dissolve in ethanol , but instead its like a short answer questions ? . . . dont tell me i didnt read the question correctly please :(

HSC
Wassup? said:
AHHHH! An Arab doing CHEMISTRY! Keep him away from all the chemicals! He'll blow the lot of us up!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:lol: :p
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Horrible. Just the type of joke I'd make.

Hahahaha with the thing we had to systematically name... I forgot it was 'tetra' so just wrote "quad"... :( LOL.

SpoonSamba

HSC
m.incognito said:
Hahahaha with the thing we had to systematically name... I forgot it was 'tetra' so just wrote "quad"... :( LOL.
hahah SAME! i was like di, tri, ... , pent WTF IS FOUR i'll just put quad

and that diagram thing like WTF i just drew a beaker and some letters and circles in it lol oh god i failed so bad.

liamh16

HSC
dan, yeah, she has. she was finishing up marking them in bio period 4 on friday.
when do you reckon sherrah will finish shipwrecks?

ezzy03

HSC
OMG im with wixxy ... had NO IDEA!

if i get 50% i will be over the moon

srsly my teacher if the biggest dud u ever know so we had no hope in the first place

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
tau281290 said:
my chem trial is next week...are we doing the same exam??
Obviously not. The catholic paper is done by schools who have elected to at the same day, same time.

Your's is either NEAP, or if it may have already done by other schools, you might be doing school-based trial exam.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Pwnage101 said:
draw their structures, show they are both non polar (ethanol has one end non polar), write they will interact via dispersion forces and thus will dissolve
i rekon 1 mark = proper lewis/electron diagrams or full srtuctural formula
the 2nd mark for an INDICATION (visually or written) that they both dissolve due to non-polar nature, ie dispersion forces
Thank god. But if I'm not getting those 2 marks that's the end of your days! :bomb: Kidding.

HSC
Wasn't hard one. Felt alot better than past exams. I think i say at least 50-60's.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Undermyskin said:
Exactly! But aren't CSSA trials harder than real HSC? Hope that'd be true so I don't feel like a big failure with a crap CSSA mark.
well they say independent exams are a good indication of HSC
my teacher says independent exam = SHIIIT hard this year
so she decided to have us sit cssa instead so we can 'work up to that level'
which means now i'm shitting myself about actual hsc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)