Thoughts on Orientation (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Feedback is always good, so post your thoughts on Orientation!

Salliea

HSC
I thought Orientation was very well organised :D
The mentors were very nice as too!

rayy_bann

HSC
Orientation was good! Once I was with my mentor and group everything went smoothly. It was just at the library where it was a bit hectic and confusing. Plus at the beginning different mentors told me to do different things and go different places, which was also confusing...and tiring. But overall it was alright!

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad
Eh it was good but not really consistent across the whole board.

I for one had a really lazy mentor who seemed to just take us around a few odd places around campus. Wasn't really actively guiding us through things or sorts and just passed our group onto someone else if he had the chance.

The workshops were more or less useless, unless you wanted to mingle with the few people that attended the talks.

All I can say that the guy at the Lotus Theatre, Phillip? He was a class act. Ahaha.

Fisiks

HSC
Yellow shirt mentor tour was good, library tour was a waste of time, the lotus theatre (?) talk run by the blue shirt mentors was lame and not needed, the free food after was bad because we were only allowed 1 piece of bread.

It was good to meet some people in my course.

Flying

HSC
Welcome to your digital campus was gay. That backstreet boys dance was as well.

rayy_bann

HSC
free food after was bad because we were only allowed 1 piece of bread.
LOL I took 2 pieces of bread thinking that we obviously could...the guys cooking just stared at me indifferently with blank faces...kind of awkward. Then I realised the problem when I was eating....whatevs!

Gangstar1

HSC
Yeah they were heaps nice! I just hope I get to see them again....considering there are thousands of students on campus

How about you? meet anyone new?
hahaha i got mine tomorrow man really nervous =/

rayy_bann

HSC
hahaha i got mine tomorrow man really nervous =/
Do you have friends with you? If not, don't worry! I had totally....no one! But yeah, you get put into a group to tour around the campus, so that's good. Just be approachable talk to heaps of people that you can. It's not like its a test, no need to be nervous. =)

Gangstar1

HSC
Do you have friends with you? If not, don't worry! I had totally....no one! But yeah, you get put into a group to tour around the campus, so that's good. Just be approachable talk to heaps of people that you can. It's not like its a test, no need to be nervous. =)
LOL hahaha yer im being forever alone tommorow but yer i'll take your advice and hopefully meet a few people =D

Flying

HSC
I found it offensive that they had a bbq on ash wednesday

rayy_bann

HSC
I found it offensive that they had a bbq on ash wednesday
You do realise that Macquarie uni is not a catholic university, hence many of the students are of different religious backgrounds...it would probably have been more offensive if they did!

Plus, there were vegetarian hotdogs and vegetables as alternatives...LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)