Thoughts on Terry Lee Ext 1 Textbook (1 Viewer)

qwerty44

HSC
Is it good compared to the others?

'In terms of :

difficulty
solutions
explanations
exam style questions etc.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Difficulty: Easy --> Hard

Solutions: Better than others simply because there are so few textbooks with worked solutions.

Explanations: Not that great.

Exam Style Questions: Plenty of them, though of course there is some side-tracking involved.

deswa1

HSC
Do you have Cambridge? In my opinion, that's the best 3U book available.

qwerty44

HSC
Do you have Cambridge? In my opinion, that's the best 3U book available.
I have borrowed Cambridge from library but the library didnt have any others so I could compare.

HSC
Uni Grad
Terry Lee 3U textbook -> good questions, particularly exam questions. Worked solutions as well, which is a bonus. However, bad explanation and only gives examples of questions. :S

qwerty44

HSC
Terry Lee 3U textbook -> good questions, particularly exam questions. Worked solutions as well, which is a bonus. However, bad explanation and only gives examples of questions. :S
So good if you know the concept already?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
In my opinion it's a fairly decent book. It's my personal favourite along with Cambridge.

nightweaver066

HSC
Does it cover prelim and HSC in one book?
No. It covers these 12 topics:
Geometrical Applications of Calculus, Integration, Exponential and Logarithmic functions, Trigonometric functions, Inverse functions, Induction, Combinatorics, Binomial Theorem, Applications of Calculus in the Physical World, Polynomials, Circle Geometry and Parametric equations.

From what i can tell, the only preliminary topics there are the geometrical applications of calculus, a part of trigonometric functions, polynomials, circle geometry and parametric equations.

qwerty44

HSC
No. It covers these 12 topics:
Geometrical Applications of Calculus, Integration, Exponential and Logarithmic functions, Trigonometric functions, Inverse functions, Induction, Combinatorics, Binomial Theorem, Applications of Calculus in the Physical World, Polynomials, Circle Geometry and Parametric equations.

From what i can tell, the only preliminary topics there are the geometrical applications of calculus, a part of trigonometric functions, polynomials, circle geometry and parametric equations.
OK Thanks

karnbmx

HSC
I've heard that he copies a lot of his questions from other books. Is that true?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)