Tianamen Sqaure anniversary (1 Viewer)

yeah.........................but its the same as in australia.............if you go and protest ull probably get shot or run over.

The government doesnt want us to think etc etc..it wants us to all be robots and just take whatever it does right up the arse and say thanks.

Our government sux.

Blackalicious

HSC
Originally posted by ihatecensorship
blacky, please elaborate.

What I mean is , the average voter in Australia is more concerned with the footy score than anything that is happening in politics or current affairs. Further more a majority of the people in my year, don’t even know who the leader of the opposition is... let alone which party is in power. I’m not saying that I know everything about politics, but at least I take an interest in what’s happening in our political system.

We don’t seem to appreciate just how good we’ve got it. Those students died trying to secure some kind of democracy in thier country all we have to do here is turn up and vote.

Not to say that there isn’t any room for improvement. The extent of police brutality against protesters in Australia is shocking, compared to England, where police in actually PROTECT the protestors. Instead of using rubber bullets and capsicum spray on them :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Blackalicious
What I mean is , the average voter in Australia is more concerned with the footy score than anything that is happening in politics or current affairs. Further more a majority of the people in my year, don’t even know who the leader of the opposition is... let alone which party is in power. I’m not saying that I know everything about politics, but at least I take an interest in what’s happening in our political system.

We don’t seem to appreciate just how good we’ve got it. Those students died trying to secure some kind of democracy in thier country all we have to do here is turn up and vote.

Not to say that there isn’t any room for improvement. The extent of police brutality against protesters in Australia is shocking, compared to England, where police in actually PROTECT the protestors. Instead of using rubber bullets and capsicum spray on them :rolleyes:

However, your saying it is ok to fight fire with fire

kochou

by the way if anyone takes interest in hong kong news, freedom rights are gradually going... the police were like attacking journalists or something during one of the protests

Blackalicious

HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
However, your saying it is ok to fight fire with fire
No, all I’m saying is people should have the right to protest peacefully without having their rights violated. I’m not in any way saying that protestors should use force.

go loook at wako .......................the american government basicallly killed 80 people.

ummmmmm blackalicioius ..what year r u in??????

I mean on the other hand blacky...there is a reason why alo9t of people dont care about politics in this coutnry

most politicians are liars.....so whoever u vote for you will probably get screwed.

basically we only haev 2 parties that can win an election...............liberal and labour. the bottom line is..we dont have very much variety anyways.... those 2 parties are pretty much identical. There both fucked.

We need some young revolutionary thinkers and shit.. we need to fix this country. i dont blame people for not giving a shit about the elections...............pretty much as it is....voting is a waste of time.

Blackalicious

HSC
Im in yr 12

Yeah i know politicians are liars... i know we only have a two party system... BUT no system will ever be perfect, the only thing we can do as voters is exercise our democratic rights and try to influence change as much as possible. There is no way we can do that if everyone gives up because its too hard, or their sick of being lied too. Besides, we may never get these "young revolutionary thinkers" you want if people in this country remain politically apathetic.

So true, my theory is, to cause instability. If we all vote for latham, its likely that could cos some problems with the US or alternatively it will make Latham back out of hes promise to withdraw troops and be exposed as a liar.

By creating those types of problems it opens the doors for more alternative parties in the future.

Like i dont like the policies of liberal and labour. They dont appeal to me so their isnt really any po9int in me voting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)