Tim Riley Economics Textbook Preliminary (1 Viewer)

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Hey,

Is this a good textbook? It's what our school uses and I'm contemplating whether I should purchase another textbook or not.. do i need to?..

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
personally, i don't feel one ecos text book individually is sufficient to cover the course. riley goes outside the syllabus at times, and offers contradicting explanations at times. i'd invest in looking at some of the other text books to compliment each other. rukawasan absolutely swears by leading edge, esp their model answers series, dixon is good but overly simplistic sometimes. bulmer's can get unnecessarily complicated...it just depends wot u find is best for u

ae

HSC
Dont bother purchasing another textbooks for Preliminary, rarther save it for HSC.
By listening from your teacher is enough to do well in Preliminary years.
But if you commited, use the syllabus with Riley, much of the contents are not needed and his wordings is rarther boring to read.

AGB

HSC
i used riley and dixon, as well as this study guide called 'get smart', and that combination was pretty good...

dont get the leading edge model answer series - they are pathetic....

is a roflcopter
HSC
borrow a bulmer in year 11
helps a lot

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
thanks everyone for all your help..
I think I'll just borrow the books in the meantime and see how it goes..if I like it, then I'll go out to buy it..

futfut

HSC
N/A
riley book looks complicated, if u have a shit teacher like me, u will find eco so hard

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
@futfut: i have a pretty bad economics teacher..
i think he tries to impress us with his massive vocabulary but that just confuses us..i don't think he understands that we have only just started the course and using economic terms for everything without explaining their meaning dosen't help...

i borrowed tim dixon recently, its pretty good, nice and simple which works best seeing as how i have only started economics..
is tim dixon leading edge?

E

eling

We're using a riley n i hav a really gd teacher 4 economics. riley isnt that hard..it actually has explanations . i hav excel at home and its way boring and harder coz it doesnt explain nything

Last edited by a moderator:

olay

HSC
my teacher has a monotonous voice. so damn hard to concentrate. and he doesn't stick to the syllabus. uber suckyness. :/ We use Riley *hugs textbook* hehe its sitting infront of me as we type. :)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
i dont like my ecos teacher that much, better than my biz teacher though. and im not that fond of my riley textbook either, its sorta seems complicated to me

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
ive now brought excel so now im working from rileys n excel irts sorta confusing though coz they define stuff differently i think im just stuffing myslef up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)