time in the exam to write your candidate number and organise booklets (1 Viewer)

megan09

HSC
HI
i was just wondering if in the exams you will get a few minutes before hand to write your candidate number on different booklets..
during my trial i made the mistake of leaving writing my number and book numbers till the end.. since it was only a trial teachers let you just write your number and organise your booklets in order at the end so it wasn't that bad...in the final exam how will it work? will you just have to write candidate numbers and book numbers as you go or before/after it starts.

this is only a big concern with subjects like english and maths where you use separate answer booklets

any ideas?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
nah they are super strict on it, you have to do it within your writing time, make sure you do it at the beginning and every time you use a new booklet.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
yes, thats correct, dw, you'll get real quick at it by the last few exams.

megan09

HSC
thanks guys..i was worried about that but i guess -may-cat- is right, you would get quick at it.
my main concern was for maths as there are so many booklets per question but those are after my english exams so hopefully by then i will be quick.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
what happens if u forgot to? a few ppl forgot in the SC but the supervisors fixed it

Guage

HSC
nah they are super strict on it, you have to do it within your writing time, make sure you do it at the beginning and every time you use a new booklet.
Hmm would it be better to write name/no. on all the booklets u think you'll use at the start?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Hmm would it be better to write name/no. on all the booklets u think you'll use at the start?
yes, thats what i did anyway (cuz i know my writing is huge and that i'll probably need to ask for more booklets).

PenguinOfDeath

HSC
you should do it at the same time as when you fill out your attendance slip... my surname starts with E so i get in before most people, so i just fill out all the booklets while everyone else is coming in, its not like your flicking through the question paper, they're just blank booklets

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
you should do it at the same time as when you fill out your attendance slip... my surname starts with E so i get in before most people, so i just fill out all the booklets while everyone else is coming in, its not like your flicking through the question paper, they're just blank booklets
no dude, you can't do this in the HSC.

lychnobity

HSC
They don't give a damn. A person at my school full got told by a supervisor lady (same one we're getting for the HSC exams) for doing the same thing. Don't risk it.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
It takes like, what....2 seconds? Just do it during essay writing time,whilst you're thinking.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
They don't give a damn. A person at my school full got told by a supervisor lady (same one we're getting for the HSC exams) for doing the same thing. Don't risk it.
heh, my very first uni exam i got yelled at by the supervisor for having my pen in my mouth before writing time had commenced, scared the shit out of me, i had absolutely no idea what he was on about. But yeah, if you got caught writing on the booklets while everyone was still filing in you would probably get in a bit of trouble, they take this shit really seriously.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
heh, my very first uni exam i got yelled at by the supervisor for having my pen in my mouth before writing time had commenced, scared the shit out of me, i had absolutely no idea what he was on about.
Heh, anything happen to you? :p

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Heh, anything happen to you? :p
No, he just made a big scene in this dead quiet room and did the whole 'pens must not be touched until writing time has commenced'. It really rattled me though, i ended up writing my short answer questions in the wrong booklet, lost like 8 minutes having to redo it.

sjbby

HSC
do we need to know our student/canidate number :S ?
do they give it you or ..are you somehow meant to know?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
They give it to you in the exam. I think there is a piece of paper on your table that says your student number. Anyways, it's pretty much your UAC number minus the '1'.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I just write my number as a start a new booklet or finish off my numbers in my spare time (usually as a start a new one - it only take like 10 seconds).

Oh, this is my 2000th post ^_^

megan09

HSC
hi,
the lady who supervised our english exams just told us to not waste time filling in the information..she let us do it in the end after the exam before we signed out....so i guess just ask the supervisor before hand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)