triviajeon

HSC
Hey Guys!

I now have approx 8 weeks till the HSC and I was wondering if anyone had any good time management advice?

It's been one week since our Alternative Trials finished and I haven't really done anything proper yet (I'm burnt out lol but I managed to get in 3 hours overall this entire week?).

My subjects are Extension 2 Maths, Extension 1 Maths, Society and Culture, Advanced English, Software Design and Development!

My ranks are decent for all except Maths :( which is also somehow my favourite subject :(

Any advice would be helpful!

Thank you!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
You should allocate the most study/preparation/revision time towards subjects in which you are not performing as well as you want to be. In this case, that would be Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2. Increasing your focus on those 2 subjects will eventually allow you to be more prepared as the HSC exams approach, allowing you to hopefully perform well in both the Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2 HSC exams, which are both worth 50% of your final mark, meaning they can make a great contribution to your final mark (and consequently your ATAR) if you perform well in both of them.

I will also add that 8 weeks is enough time to thoroughly prepare yourself for each of your subjects. More specifically, you may wish to divide your study time as follows:
  • Allocate 25% of your time for Mathematics Extension 2
  • Allocate 20% of your time for Mathematics Extension 1
  • Allocate 15% of your time for Society and Culture
  • Allocate 20% of your time for English Advanced
  • Allocate 15% of your time for Software Design and Development
This leaves you with 5%, which you can allocate towards the subject of your choice depending on how your preparations go and whether or not you may need to spend additional time on a particular subject.

It is also important to avoid any forms of procrastination. Procrastination is related to the amount of time you’re allocating towards your studies as well as how organised your study plan is. Because of this, you'll need to make sure you're handling your preparations effectively, including breaking tasks down into manageable parts. This applies to all subjects that you're taking. In addition, you need to make sure you're regularly having breaks because the brain normally reaches a point where it is no longer able to handle/process information, leading to procrastination. Having short breaks at regular intervals will allow you to refresh your mind, so that when you come back to study, your brain will be able to handle and process information like it was when you started studying and so on, which ultimately allows you to procrastinate less and remain on track with your goal of improving in Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2, and ensuring optimal performance overall.

I hope this helps! 😄

triviajeon

HSC
You should allocate the most study/preparation/revision time towards subjects in which you are not performing as well as you want to be. In this case, that would be Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2. Increasing your focus on those 2 subjects will eventually allow you to be more prepared as the HSC exams approach, allowing you to hopefully perform well in both the Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2 HSC exams, which are both worth 50% of your final mark, meaning they can make a great contribution to your final mark (and consequently your ATAR) if you perform well in both of them.

I will also add that 8 weeks is enough time to thoroughly prepare yourself for each of your subjects. More specifically, you may wish to divide your study time as follows:
  • Allocate 25% of your time for Mathematics Extension 2
  • Allocate 20% of your time for Mathematics Extension 1
  • Allocate 15% of your time for Society and Culture
  • Allocate 20% of your time for English Advanced
  • Allocate 15% of your time for Software Design and Development
This leaves you with 5%, which you can allocate towards the subject of your choice depending on how your preparations go and whether or not you may need to spend additional time on a particular subject.

It is also important to avoid any forms of procrastination. Procrastination is related to the amount of time you’re allocating towards your studies as well as how organised your study plan is. Because of this, you'll need to make sure you're handling your preparations effectively, including breaking tasks down into manageable parts. This applies to all subjects that you're taking. In addition, you need to make sure you're regularly having breaks because the brain normally reaches a point where it is no longer able to handle/process information, leading to procrastination. Having short breaks at regular intervals will allow you to refresh your mind, so that when you come back to study, your brain will be able to handle and process information like it was when you started studying and so on, which ultimately allows you to procrastinate less and remain on track with your goal of improving in Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2, and ensuring optimal performance overall.

I hope this helps! 😄
Thank you so much! This really helped a lot. I feel like I have a clear direction with how I’m going to tackle these next 8 weeks :D Have a good one mate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)