Time on x or y axis. (1 Viewer)

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Q 21 (I think) in Science asked whether the time was meant to be on the x or y axis.
Time in this case was the dependent variable.
I know that the independent variable is always meant to be at the bottom but I've also always heard that time was meant to be on the x-axis.
So was time meant to be on the x-axis or y-axis?

DNETTZ

Camp-italist Fatcat
HSC
For the BoS Science paper, the X is Temperature and the Y is time. Remeber those travel graphs we will have to do tomorrow as an example and youll be fine because you Always put dependant on the X.

They're coming to get you
:skip::chainsaw:

silence--

HSC
no, the x-axis is always independent.

think of it as a function in maths. y = 3x. you put in a value of x and get a result, y. in science, you put in a result (e.g. temperature) and get a result (time)

this is ofc regarding today's paper

dinosaurtomatoe

HSC
N/A
OMGosh, i totes thought the exact same thing. My first answer was to put time on the 'y' axis, but then i changed it!

kill me now :(

AssesmentTask

Premium Member
HSC
I was unsure on that question...
until I leafed through the booklet a bit and found a graph using time on the X :D

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
no, the x-axis is always independent.

think of it as a function in maths. y = 3x. you put in a value of x and get a result, y. in science, you put in a result (e.g. temperature) and get a result (time)

this is ofc regarding today's paper
+1

Independent on x axis and dependent on y axis - time being a dependent value so it's on the y axis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)