Timetable Clashes??? (1 Viewer)

HSC
My PHYS1901 and ENGG1800 classes clash every monday like this: monday.PNG

I need engineering for my degree, but am also really interested in doing advanced physics. Do you think I should just drop it anyway, because it gets rid of this clash? (I find it hard to believe that engineering students rarely take up advanced physics for there to be a clash lol) Is there no way at all around this clash otherwise? What happens if I just keep it like this?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Have you tried moving the tutorial to another time slot?

HSC
The advanced physics lectures are set and can't be moved at all.

The engineering ones, on the other hand, can be on either Monday 2-5, or Wednesday 2-5. The monday one is the clash here. The wednesday one also clashes with advanced physics exactly in this way. :(

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Perhaps you could email the course coordinator for PHYS and see if they record the lectures.

madharris

HSC
N/A
If you have your heart set on advanced, then a 1 hour lecture isn't too much to miss out on, just make sure you actually do catch up though

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
I had a friend in physics in first year who did both physics and engo and she skipped the same physics lecture each week to go engo. It was adv phys as well. So you should be fine with the clash, just keep adv physics if you want to and go engo tute.

bangladesh

HSC
ok so all you usyder's out, i waited in line for 2h this morning to see the timetable unit and i was told that basically i have to contact the faculty because anyone who does special studies biology will have a clash for 3 weeks... what

studybuddy101

HSC
I have the same clash but on a Thursday with a mech tutorial and phys1901. I'm thinking we're going to have to skip the physics lecture :/ keep in mind you have to finish atleast 1 advanced major to get an advanced science degree. It sounds like you're doing a double so be mindful of that (since there are so few science credit points per semester)

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
Awesome! How did she catch up on those lectures though?
I think she watched the lecture recordings back on Blackboard. Just make sure you don't slack off and say you'll watch it later then forget about it haha.

From my experience (I did the unit 2 years ago), most of the lectures were recorded, the rest were handwritten. It depends on the lecturer (you'll get 3 lecturers for 3 different topics). If it's handwritten, you can always ask a friend to lend their book so you can copy the notes from that lecture and ask them about stuff which was explained in that lecture.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
ok so all you usyder's out, i waited in line for 2h this morning to see the timetable unit and i was told that basically i have to contact the faculty because anyone who does special studies biology will have a clash for 3 weeks... what
I've seen this happen. A few people went to see TTU and all they had to do was fix their enrolment variations or contact the faculty. Other staff members of TTU were more helpful in actually helping you get the classes you want and running down on a list on what to do to catch up with a difficult clash.

HSC
I have the same clash but on a Thursday with a mech tutorial and phys1901. I'm thinking we're going to have to skip the physics lecture :/ keep in mind you have to finish atleast 1 advanced major to get an advanced science degree. It sounds like you're doing a double so be mindful of that (since there are so few science credit points per semester)
Guess so :/ oh well
And yep! Im going for the advanced mathematics degree, so im set for that!

Thanks so much for the help guys! Im still not 100% sure if i should just drop down to standard physics to smoothen out my first semester, but Ill end up making my mind hopefully by the end of the wee.k.

One more thing: is it impossible to change my timetable around due to this clash? Like get a new timetable wiht new times like how I could beforehand?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)