Timetable Question (1 Viewer)

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
Hi, does anyone know when first years will get their timetable, because ireally need mine in order to organise work around it.

tennille

HSC
Timetables usually come out during o-week. So sometime between 28/2-2/3. Also note that you can rearrange your timetable, although this may be limited depending on what degree you do.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
UNSW's timetable system was much easier. Someone from USyd should copy theirs.

cimbom

HSC
Yeah it's not for certain yet. I wouldn't call it draft, but you can't be sure until you get your official timetable. This way you have a close idea though. Like for me absolutely no classes are timetabled for friday.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
UNSW's timetable system was much easier. Someone from USyd should copy theirs.
Not really. I can do everything the UNSW people can do with their timetable, and I don't have to worry about closed classes if I choose my timetable too late.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
at the moment I'm looking to try and get Thursday afternoons off so that I can get a shift at work. Is that going to be possible at all? I'm doing Adv Science and I'm worried that I won't get as much freedom with my Timetable...

tennille

HSC
You might be able to. I was in the exact same position as you in first year (I work at Big W), but I still managed to work Thursday nights. Second year will most likely be more flexible. It's the labs that stuff us up. All the labs you'll be doing will be three hours this semester, and if you're lucky, you might get the 10am-1pm stream.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Templar said:
Not really. I can do everything the UNSW people can do with their timetable, and I don't have to worry about closed classes if I choose my timetable too late.
Yes really.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
I can arrange my classes to be at any of the times it's held, regardless of what the timetable website say, all without the class size reached and closed that UNSW has. Now tell me in what aspect is UNSW more flexible.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well given my timetable has one permutation where there is only one clash (and only one where I have all labs not clashing), I'm pretty sure that UNSW system wouldn't help me much.

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
Templar said:
I can arrange my classes to be at any of the times it's held, regardless of what the timetable website say, all without the class size reached and closed that UNSW has. Now tell me in what aspect is UNSW more flexible.
Everything.
i transfered from Unsw to usyd, theres no doubt the unsw system is much easier to work with and alot less hassle to get timetables changed. you have the world of flexibility when it comes to time table changes. besides the max class size issue, everything else UNSW's system is by far easier to use and more flexibile.

unless at usyd, after o week you could select your classes online and change your mind 1hour later without physically going to the uni waiting in line during o week to get it fixed, unsw's system is much easier.

and surely, theres gota b a class cap limit at usyd aswell.

tennille

HSC
I've never used the UNSW system, but it's quite easy to change your usyd timetable online by selecting what times you would like free and all. However, I do agree that the lines during o-week are absolutely shocking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)