Timetables for first years (1 Viewer)

discovery

HSC
Can anyone tell me whether first years get to chose their timetable or not? Or do they do it for us?

Thanks.

discovery

HSC
I hope so! I went to UTS last year and I got to chose my own, however my friends in Law and Nursing didnt get to.. Anyone done education who can tell me for sure?

H S C

HSC
how do we know what subjects to do lol im so confused

spazamataz

HSC
Apparently we find out at enrolment, but the thing advises checking the course handbook. So yeah.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
When you go in for enrollment, they will tell you.

Can anyone tell me whether first years get to chose their timetable or not? Or do they do it for us?
There may be core courses that you have to do at a certain time. Otherwise, the rest you can choose.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Just found out you were doing B Commerce.

There are 7 core courses you have to do in first year, and 1 elective, giving you a total of 8. From these 8 you can pick any four to do in your first semester. Still, should be organisable at enrollment.

Last edited:

sj1990

HSC
Does anyone have a friend or does anyone know what the structure is for a Bachelor of Creative Arts (Dean's Scholars)? It doesn't have the course structure on the website and I'm super confused ... I can just wait for Enrolment day but I'm bored and excited ... haha!

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
It's the same as Creative Arts (99.99% sure), either way you will find out on Enrolment day :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Does anyone have a friend or does anyone know what the structure is for a Bachelor of Creative Arts (Dean's Scholars)? It doesn't have the course structure on the website and I'm super confused ... I can just wait for Enrolment day but I'm bored and excited ... haha!
Because you are doing the performance course, you need to do all the classes for this subject. Then the other classes you do will be Creative Writing. You don't have any elective.

H S C

HSC
i will be doing commerce 1st year

how come people are already planning their subject timetables...

do we know when lecs and tutes r already

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You should be able to find out times for Commerce if you've enrolled in your subjects.

sj1990

HSC
even if i'm majoring in production? i have no clue what the production subjects are like... there is no information on them at all!

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
https://www.uow.edu.au/handbook/yr2010/ug/commerce/H10006744.html
That's the requirements for the Bachelor of Commerce. Those first seven subjects wherever they fit for you/are scheduled, plus one elective from the second table.
For first year: so ACCY111, COMM101, COMM121, ECON101, FIN111, MGMT110, MARK101 are core, plus COMM113 OR ACCY112 OR ECON111 OR MGMT102 (at least one of those are required). You can check those subject codes in the timetable tool linked earlier and work out when things will be.

Last edited:

H S C

HSC
thanks, i get it now.

also, do we need to know our majors/minors now?

harryc

HSC
With the whole timetable thing, I think I'm starting to understand it now,but I'm still not 100% sure.

With my double degree (BCM/BCA), I'm basically stuck in the first year doing the two compulsary subjects for each degree, right? So that fills my timetable up, and then I start to get a little more freedom with picking other subjects in second year and onwards, when it drops to one compulsary subject for each degree per semester. Am I missing anything?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
even if i'm majoring in production? i have no clue what the production subjects are like... there is no information on them at all!
Yes. You just do Production subjects instead of Performance. That's what I'm doing. In the timetable they list both Prod and Perf classes, so you can't actually tell which you need to do. When you go to enroll, they should give you a timetable outlining everything.

The Production classes don't really have proper names (most are just called Production), but I remember them as basically:
2 hrs of Producing
2 hrs of Artistic Production (with actors)
2 hrs Technical Production (just first years)
2 hrs Technical Production (with other years)

Then there's also rehearsals and dramaturgy,which are done with the actors.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
thanks, i get it now.

also, do we need to know our majors/minors now?
No. They don't expect you to know what you want to major in yet, which is
partially why you do subjects from all majors in first year.
You will need to try and figure it out sometime over the next year in order to pick your second year subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)