Timetables (1 Viewer)

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
If there's a clash on the timetable due to one unit of study can I change that unit to something else online?
Yeah, or you can get special permission and then just organise something with the lecturers so you don't miss out on the material being taught.

chilled1

HSC
would anyone happen to know how many hours/days can we block out on the timetable?

thedemonpk3r

HSC
As many time slots as you would like to get the classes you want.
Is there a deadline before we can still change and swap around units if we don't like them... Like I want to do fundies but I have an interest in doing normal units for maths, can I take on normal units and then drop by a specific date and vice versa? Also, do I need to pick my second and third year units by the census date this year? I mean I don't really know what to expect in first year let alone second and third...?

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Nope, you don't have to pick units for 2nd and 3rd year haha

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
What about the part about the math units?
Normal math units? Do you mean second year units? You can if you meet the prereqs, yes. As for deadlines: 31st of March is usually the Census Date to drop any units without incurring financial liabilities & you can add/drop a unit up until the second week of semester because timetables will usually be locked after that period.

thedemonpk3r

HSC
Normal math units? Do you mean second year units? You can if you meet the prereqs, yes. As for deadlines: 31st of March is usually the Census Date to drop any units without incurring financial liabilities & you can add/drop a unit up until the second week of semester because timetables will usually be locked after that period.
So I can choose now for the time being normal maths units for first year and then if I find that they are too hard or rather just extra work if I'm not going to take up maths in second and third years, I can drop before the census date?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
So I can choose now for the time being normal maths units for first year and then if I find that they are too hard or rather just extra work if I'm not going to take up maths in second and third years, I can drop before the census date?
Correct... though you should check with the faculty beforehand. I should also note that 31 August is the Census Date for Second Semester and should you drop units before this date you will not get an academic penalty or a financial liability.

thedemonpk3r

HSC
Correct... though you should check with the faculty beforehand. I should also note that 31 August is the Census Date for Second Semester and should you drop units before this date you will not get an academic penalty or a financial liability.
Ah ok thanks so much man. Much appreciated. Is it a long process to drop units and so on. Or is it just displayed on the timetable as lecture theatre etc. I don't need to clarify with anyone.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Ah ok thanks so much man. Much appreciated. Is it a long process to drop units and so on. Or is it just displayed on the timetable as lecture theatre etc. I don't need to clarify with anyone.
As long as the unit is dropped and not shown as enrolled on the status then yeah you're fine. It will remain on your timetable unless you allocate a new one (again, you will see these options once the timetables are released).

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
How can I block out a morning time slot eg 8am to get a later one
Block the 8am slot and see if the lecture falls onto another time slot. Some classes may still be full so there won't be much room to move around.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
By blocking the slot how can I see if the lecture falls on another time...
Okays you click on the view timetable or whatever option is there when editting and only when you're happy do you click on "allocate me this timetable" (forgot what it actually says).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)