Timetables (1 Viewer)

thedemonpk3r

HSC
Okays you click on the view timetable or whatever option is there when editting and only when you're happy do you click on "allocate me this timetable" (forgot what it actually says).
Yeah but what I'm actually saying is how do you change or rather switch the lectures to other times that are available... I can't see any other times the lectures run so I'm not knowing how to edit

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Yeah but what I'm actually saying is how do you change or rather switch the lectures to other times that are available... I can't see any other times the lectures run so I'm not knowing how to edit
Then that means that lecture cannot be moved. It'll show up as yellow on your timetable as a "cannot move class". Classes that show up red are clashes, blue are blocked off time slots and white means the classes can be shifted around provided other time slots are available.

thedemonpk3r

HSC
Then that means that lecture cannot be moved. It'll show up as yellow on your timetable as a "cannot move class". Classes that show up red are clashes, blue are blocked off time slots and white means the classes can be shifted around provided other time slots are available.
Okay... Well... I'm on the pages where it has customising timetables. When I click on the lecture, it appears read. All are white atm. How can I go about switching or separating out lectures that are too close together, in which I would prefer a break in between... So in other words how do I put in preference that I would want a lecture on another time slot

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Okay... Well... I'm on the pages where it has customising timetables. When I click on the lecture, it appears read. All are white atm. How can I go about switching or separating out lectures that are too close together, in which I would prefer a break in between... So in other words how do I put in preference that I would want a lecture on another time slot
Click on the time slots you don't want classes to run and see if your new draft timetable has a shift in the classes. You may have to try a couple of times leading up to when class starts. The blocked off timeslots should appear blue.

thedemonpk3r

HSC
Click on the time slots you don't want classes to run and see if your new draft timetable has a shift in the classes. You may have to try a couple of times leading up to when class starts. The blocked off timeslots should appear blue.
Oh oh ok now I get it.. Soz bro. Also if I do change my units in the student portal, will the alternate units show up on the timetable, or will I have to look and block off classes for them aswell

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Oh oh ok now I get it.. Soz bro. Also if I do change my units in the student portal, will the alternate units show up on the timetable, or will I have to look and block off classes for them aswell
They will show up on your timetable (might take the system a couple of mins to register and allocate a new timetable) but most of your classes should stay in the original timeslot unless the system recognises a clash or inconvenience. You will still need to block of times to get the classes you want for that unit too. No worries bro; here to help.

thedemonpk3r

HSC
They will show up on your timetable (might take the system a couple of mins to register and allocate a new timetable) but most of your classes should stay in the original timeslot unless the system recognises a clash or inconvenience. You will still need to block of times to get the classes you want for that unit too. No worries bro; here to help.
How long do I have before I can consider being happy with my timetable.. Like Is there a dead line or...

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
How long do I have before I can consider being happy with my timetable.. Like Is there a dead line or...
Up until semester starts... because most classes will be locked or filled to the brim by then.

thedemonpk3r

HSC
Up until semester starts... because most classes will be locked or filled to the brim by then.
One last question, when I click "find me a similar timetable" and the system works out a good one for me, is it automatically saved? If so then when I actually attend uni I just follow those lecture times correct?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
One last question, when I click "find me a similar timetable" and the system works out a good one for me, is it automatically saved? If so then when I actually attend uni I just follow those lecture times correct?
Once you're happy or it seems reasonable enough for you - you will need to allocate the timetable. There should be another option after that to allocate yourself a new timetable to "save your preferences" if you will.

thedemonpk3r

HSC
Once you're happy or it seems reasonable enough for you - you will need to allocate the timetable. There should be another option after that to allocate yourself a new timetable to "save your preferences" if you will.
Thanks heaps bro, sorry for troubling you at this hour lol

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Btw, when is the last day to alter your timetable
Up until the day Semester Begins so... March 2nd but you can switch tutorials up until the end of Week 1 granted that if it is possible (and if your tutorials start from Week 2 onwards)

thedemonpk3r

HSC
Up until the day Semester Begins so... March 2nd but you can switch tutorials up until the end of Week 1 granted that if it is possible (and if your tutorials start from Week 2 onwards)
So when the semester begins that's it no longer can block off/changw around unit times on timetable.. Ok. Well would you suggest I keep the practicals in 3hour periods like dead straight, is that too much you reckon?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
So when the semester begins that's it no longer can block off/changw around unit times on timetable.. Ok. Well would you suggest I keep the practicals in 3hour periods like dead straight, is that too much you reckon?
Do you have consecutive classes? Yeah, most classes will be locked by the time classes start so there will be little chance to move around unless people drop out.

thedemonpk3r

HSC
Do you have consecutive classes? Yeah, most classes will be locked by the time classes start so there will be little chance to move around unless people drop out.
I have hour breaks in between most days, but I wanted to ask your opinion on having practical lessons for 3 hours straight. Do you reckon it's a little too much to do, or do you reckon I should try and see if I can break them up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)