Timetabling Program (1 Viewer)

emmatheron

HSC
OK, UNSW has "rectangles" which is a timetabling program that helps u optimise ur timetable with different combinations. Is there any equivalent for UTS? If not can all of u IT kids make one (sorry for sounding rather rude), using the UNSW one as a scaffold?

It'd be really helpful for everyone! AND IF IT WORKED WELL ID EVEN PAY FOR IT!

Aeriff

HSC
OK, UNSW has "rectangles" which is a timetabling program that helps u optimise ur timetable with different combinations. Is there any equivalent for UTS? If not can all of u IT kids make one (sorry for sounding rather rude), using the UNSW one as a scaffold?

It'd be really helpful for everyone! AND IF IT WORKED WELL ID EVEN PAY FOR IT!
I was thinking this myself and considered it, but then realised you'd need a hell of a lot of timetabling data which I don't have access to. The UNSW one is made by some people who lecture at UNSW I think, which is why they have all the data. I myself find the UTS timetabling system horrendously confusing :burn:

emmatheron

HSC
I was thinking this myself and considered it, but then realised you'd need a hell of a lot of timetabling data which I don't have access to. The UNSW one is made by some people who lecture at UNSW I think, which is why they have all the data. I myself find the UTS timetabling system horrendously confusing :burn:
I know hey! Can somebody do it just for my degree? lol

imoO

HSC
I've just accepted a B.Business offer, but I don't know how to do the timetable....

Can somebody help?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
This thread might help:
community.boredofstudies.org/586/general-university-discussion/235505/university-timetables-basic-rules-freshmen.html

Last edited:

imoO

HSC
This thread might help:
community.boredofstudies.org/586/general-university-discussion/235505/university-timetables-basic-rules-freshmen.html
Not for UTS ><

Heck I've heard that UTS makes your timetable for you, so 60% of the time it's pretty messed up.

imoO

HSC
imoo, what are you having problems with specifically? I can try to help :eek:
Well firstly, I'm not sure whether we pick our subjects or whether I am going to do core subjects in my first year of B.Bus at UTS.

Secondly, whether or not I do core subjects, am I able to set my timetable? (If so, where?)

5233andy

HSC
I think everything can be sorted out once you physically turn up to UTS to enrol

purplemonkey

HSC
Ok to find out how the course is set up you need to look at the handbook : UTS:C10026v3 Bachelor of Business - Business,UTS Handbook 2010 and go down to where is says "Course Program". Here it says that you have to take 4 core subjects in 1st semester, 1st year. So you would need to enrol in these. (Please note I am not a business student so am not 100% on the specifics of the degree, but all UTS Handbooks are set up the same so I'm very familiar).

Yes you will be able to set your timetable (to a degree - the lectures might be set, and only have 1 time available, but tutes should be ok). You do this through My Subject Activities : https://mysubjects.uts.edu.au/ . However for new students you are usually required to go into uni to do the first enrolment (and get an I.D card, etc), and there are people there to help you. When you went to Start@UTS did you sign up for an enrolment time?

Hope this helps :)

0hNivlek

HSC
Yeah i enrolled on the 21st in person and making the timetable was so easy. There were plenty of helpers around too.

HSC
Ok to find out how the course is set up you need to look at the handbook : UTS:�C10026v3 Bachelor of Business - Business,�UTS Handbook 2010 and go down to where is says "Course Program". Here it says that you have to take 4 core subjects in 1st semester, 1st year. So you would need to enrol in these.
i think you also need to enrol in your second semester subjects at the same time, there are three compulsory units then you get a choice between two for the remaining 6cp.

imoo they don't set out the timetable for you, you get to choose when you attend lectures/tutes from the times they have available. i'd do it soon if i were you, i have a sucky timetable since a lot of the slots i would have liked were already taken.

layzeehbum

HSC
Well firstly, I'm not sure whether we pick our subjects or whether I am going to do core subjects in my first year of B.Bus at UTS.

Secondly, whether or not I do core subjects, am I able to set my timetable? (If so, where?)
You will be given a course outline listing all the core subjects you have to do and all the subjects from different majors during the enrolment session.
Usually with most subjects you will have to finish your cores first, then you will be able to do your subject majors... so it's best to just do your cores first during your first year :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)