Tips for year 10?? (1 Viewer)

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
How to succeed year 10: You don't.

Honestly, I didn't give a fuck about anything in year 10. I rocked up to class with earphones in my ears and some scrap paper that I took out of the mail.

Maybe try to do some work in maths but other than that, don't bother.

Just focus on maths and english and you should be fine.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
Pretty sure no one gave a fuck about year 10 not just me lol
Everyone gave a fuck on the first week. Then not a single fuck was given after that. But not to the extent where I would rock up with earphones. If I could do things differently, I should have focused on english.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Everyone gave a fuck on the first week. Then not a single fuck was given after that. But not to the extent where I would rock up with earphones. If I could do things differently, I should have focused on english.
Uh I rock up to some classes with earphones now and i'm in year 12 hahahahaha

I97

HSC
Make the most of "bludging' and just enjoy it. The only significant step up I noticed in year 10 was English, compared to the other junior years. The assessments became more difficult but as long as you follow the criteria and marking guidelines you will be fine. As for studying, don't stress yourself out, I found that I only needed to revise in the 2 weeks before exams and I got straight A's, in the ROSA too. Make sure you get on top of assessments as soon as you get them though as they tend to come in blocks and with poor time management it can be very stressful.
Use year 10 as a springboard for your senior years. Start developing habits but don't go all out so that you're not burning out towards the HSC. See which subjects interest you and have a vision of what ones you would like to do. Just make sure that you start looking at English with real importance as it is no longer becoming just another subject, instead it is one of the keys in attaining the ATAR you want.
Most importantly have fun and make the most of your last year as a junior!

favvify

HSC
Uni Grad
Work hard and form good habits, and make sure you're paying attention to what you enjoy so that you're not choosing subjects on a whim for your HSC.

Also, if your school nominates students for scholarships for year 11 and 12, this is the time they really start looking. You don't have to be the best, just try your best.

favvify

HSC
Uni Grad
By "for year 11 and 12" I meant uni scholarships handed out whilst you're still in year 11 or 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)