Tips for year 10?? (1 Viewer)

IcyRain

HSC
Also make sure you find out your strengths and weak areas.
Such as, do you enjoy Sciences? or do you enjoy Humanities? and so on. It will help you choose your subjects for yr 11 & 12

Myrdred

HSC
You can start working on study habits, OR cherish your last carefree year. Do as much as you can in the final year that doesn't matter. You don't want to regret missing past opportunities as the HSC draws closer.

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Year 10 was probably the best year in my whole high school life (as generic as that may sound). I stressed because subjects had certain requirements (eg a B-A in 5.3 mathematics for 3U maths) but it wasnt necessarily compulsory since you could always just make a point on why you received a mark that you did like being ill or away for a period of time and most of the time even if you didnt have a legitimate reason, they were more than reasonable to allow you to take a course. This year will probably be the only year you'll be able to muck around for the last time and experiment methods that work for you in terms of studying. You often hear stories of how poorly students that received a 90+ did in their junior years, my favourite story is ow my chem tutor was a straight c and d student in year 10 but got into better studying habits (well if you consider locking yourself in a room and studying for the majority of the day good) but ended up receiving a high atar and doing medicine and bachelor of surgery. REMEMBER, ITS YOUR HSCS, ONLY YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR LIMITS.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
OP, enjoy the last year of junior school. Have fun, but don't completely neglect your academic responsibilities. You'll have plenty of time to study and brush yourself up for senior school later on.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Sort of, the workload depends on how much YOU want to study because year 9 and 10 is less demanding than senior school- in terms of how much work is expected from each student.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

HSC '15- ATAR Goal: 90+

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Sort of, the workload depends on how much YOU want to study because year 9 and 10 is less demanding than senior school- in terms of how much work is expected from each student.

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
But ultimately you should enjoy your junior years- because you get to have so much freedom and still get to mess around as there's less to do. Enjoy it while you can, don't stress out (like I did) and don't neglect your academic responsibilities. Good luck! xx

Economics, Agriculture.

HSC
Yr 10 is the time when you choose your subjects for year 11 :spin: So figure out what subjects interest you and possible career pathways etc... HAVE FUN ! Year 10 was a great year :D Do plenty of extra curricular stuff

enoilgam

HSC
Is year 10 like yearr 9 in terms of workload ???
Pretty much - to be honest, I found no difference between the two in terms of workload and difficulty. I think (not 100% sure), that for many subjects, the syllabus mandates what can be taught during stage 5. So the exact year in which you learn a topic may vary depending on the school.

Triage

HSC
N/A
I disagree with people. Most of the time year 11 is considered the year to get yourself ready for year 12. But if you spent year 10 getting ready for year 12, then you would absolutely dominate. Accelerate in maths, don't waste time with the subjects you aren't continuing in, study ahead with some year 11 stuff. Just basically get your shit together early. Like a train just start building up momentum now so you are just oiling the cogs in 2 years.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Chill out because year 10 is easy as hell, you can cherish it, or you can start preparing for year 11. Though I didn't feel the need to prepare for year 11 early.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Remember to do your maths hwk!

Also English hwk can be useful too also do depending on the teacher :p

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
Put some effort into year 10 cause some schools have prerequisites for certain subjects in years 11 and 12. If not, then i dont see why u would give a shit about year 10

Fawun

Queen
HSC
How to succeed year 10: You don't.

Honestly, I didn't give a fuck about anything in year 10. I rocked up to class with earphones in my ears and some scrap paper that I took out of the mail.

Maybe try to do some work in maths but other than that, don't bother.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)